Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Model question
Alright I was wondering if models have to be in t-poses to be submitted.

Reason for this was because I found a neat trick to rip ps2 models and after some scaling, texture fixing, and flipping some normals, they look pretty good. It's just that they are in some sort of pose and I'm not all that good at manually t-posing models.

I'm just wondering since this has worked on every ps2 game I have tried so far.(all ratchet and clank games, Jak and Daxter 1-3, Star Ocean, Dark Cloud 1-2, and Crash Twinsanity.)
[Image: E1wErXC.png]
Thanked by:
T-poses are preferred, but it isn't required. You could try though.
Mind explaining how you even got the models?
Thanked by:
Wow, you got models from all those games? Big Grin I wouldn't mind knowing how you did that if you don't mind me asking. Tongue

You don't have to T-Pose the models, I don't T-Pose them usually. Just look at my TOS and DBZ models.
Thanked by:
It's actually pretty easy. All i do is use the snapshot function in PCSX2 0.9.8 (Shift+F8) to get an obj file and use texmod to get textures.

The models Z depth will have to be scaled by a lot and then mirrored.

The UVs are also ridiculously over scaled and a little smudged but can be fixed if you know how to edit them.

the normals will need to be reset with every other polygons normals flipped.

It might take some work but I think it's worth it.

If you guys want I can try writing a proper tutorial on how to get them soon.

here are some that are ripped

Star ocean girl
needs just about everything fixed

Human Daxter
needs the UVs and textures fixed

Toan
just about done

Fayt
needs UVs fixed
Thanked by: Garamonde, Orwell
What do you mean with "fixing the UV's"?
Thanked by:
well like i said they are way over sized and once you scale them correctly they are still not aligned properly like this

[Image: xWe2R.png]

so you would need to re-align them manually
Thanked by: Garamonde
awesome discovery Demonboy hopefully this will mean more ps2 models will be ripped in the future ^^
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by:
I didn't know PCSX2 had a snapshot function. I'll have to look into this. Big Grin
Thanked by:
(06-06-2012, 11:49 AM)senjen Wrote: awesome discovery Demonboy hopefully this will mean more ps2 models will be ripped in the future ^^

I sure hope so.

(06-06-2012, 11:58 AM)Roxas358 Wrote: I didn't know PCSX2 had a snapshot function. I'll have to look into this. Big Grin

Yep. but only for PCSX2 0.9.8

the newer versions don't seem to have it
Thanked by: senjen
Where exactly do you get the texmod? Smile

Edit:
Oh, I think this is it.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_...e_graphics
that would be it. also you will need to switch the textures Red and Blue channels so that the show correctly
Thanked by: Roxas358
Hmm, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to make a tutorial on this, I used the Shift+F8 and got a .bmp, .gs and a obj. However the .obj is 0 bytes. This happened with both Dark Cloud 2 and Star Ocean.
Thanked by:
(06-06-2012, 12:43 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: Hmm, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to make a tutorial on this, I used the Shift+F8 and got a .bmp, .gs and a obj. However the .obj is 0 bytes. This happened with both Dark Cloud 2 and Star Ocean.

alright then I' make one

just give me a bit. also try messing with the gdsx settings. I think there was something with the software and hardware settings that gave me 0 byte obj files
Thanked by: Roxas358
Do you think this would also work on Mega Man X7 and X8? If so then I'm gonna have too look into this eventually.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I have no idea but it doesn't hurt to try