Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Audio Skip? -Gamecube Issue
I encountered this problem while playing "StarFox Adventures," the audio that's being streamed through the compact disc seems to have some sort of issue for having audio skips during cutsceens. Now, I'm not so sure if this is the appropriated place to put this kind of question here. However, I did in fact check my other games and the audio seems to run fine plus I checked other sites about this issue but didn't receive much solutions.
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]
Thanked by:
Are you playing it on an actual GameCube or using an emulator? I'm assuming the former, which I can't be much help with, but if the latter then you should probably search for the best configuration for the game.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(05-25-2012, 04:07 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Are you playing it on an actual GameCube or using an emulator? I'm assuming the former, which I can't be much help with, but if the latter then you should probably search for the best configuration for the game.

In a nutshell, its the former. I probably should have mentioned that in my post earlier. :I
Thanked by:
Since SFA uses streaming audio (as in, it plays directly from the disk and doesn't load it into the RAM first), I'd guess there's issues loading the data. Reasons might be a dirty lens and/or disk which slow loading down as more reading errors occur. As for the other games with working audio, I'd guess that either those don't use streamed audio or it is the SFA disk being dirty or scrached or badly produced.
Thanked by: Princess Luna
(05-26-2012, 02:44 AM)Previous Wrote: Since SFA uses streaming audio (as in, it plays directly from the disk and doesn't load it into the RAM first), I'd guess there's issues loading the data. Reasons might be a dirty lens and/or disk which slow loading down as more reading errors occur. As for the other games with working audio, I'd guess that either those don't use streamed audio or it is the SFA disk being dirty or scrached or badly produced.

So, I'm assuming the only choice is to pretty much buy a new copy.
Thanked by:
Alternatively, you could download an ISO and burn it to a disc yourself. It'd be legal since you actually own the game.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(05-27-2012, 03:49 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Alternatively, you could download an ISO and burn it to a disc yourself.
I think you'd need a modchip or modified memory card or something to run burnt discs.

(05-27-2012, 03:49 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Alternatively, you could download an ISO and burn it to a disc yourself. It'd be legal since you actually own the game.
I don't know how they treat it where you live, but here it'd be just as illegal. You may make your own copy, but you may not under no circumstances download a pirated copy even if you own a legit one.
Thanked by:
Making "back-up" copies as it were is pretty much illegal everywhere as far as I know. But as no-one will ever know, and it does zero harm to anyone - who cares?
It's like recording songs off the radio onto tape (Christ that's going back eh?) it's illegal but the swat team isn't going to be kicking your doors down for it.

I can imagine getting the cube to play burnt disc being a huge pain in the arse. I'm not even sure how you burn a Cube disc as there those weird half discs. And by the time you've brought one of those, found the ISO, burnt it correctly, got another memory card so it can play the ISO and all that it hardly seems worth it.

If it only happens on this one game, then it's the game that's at fault. It sucks but it's time to find another copy of SFA. I can't imagine NGC games going for much now days so it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
(05-27-2012, 05:56 AM)Goemar Wrote: Making "back-up" copies as it were is pretty much illegal everywhere as far as I know. But as no-one will ever know, and it does zero harm to anyone - who cares?
It's like recording songs off the radio onto tape (Christ that's going back eh?) it's illegal but the swat team isn't going to be kicking your doors down for it.
Let me tell you it is legal here in Germany B-)
(ยง53 UrhG (German Copyright act))

The individual person is allowed to make copies (only non-commercial, of course) but the source must be legally obtained (as in, must not be an illegal / prated copy).
That means we're allowed to burn music CDs, for example (we can even legally make copies for our friends (as long as it is free of charge!)).
Thanked by:
Seriously? I thought that using ROMs/ISOs is legal pretty much everywhere as long as you own the original, and use it for personal uses. Must have gotten my facts a bit mixed up. Still, it should be OK. The fact that it's pirated isn't your fault, after all, and you did pay for the game.
In any case, just trying to help, not publicise pirating Wink

Here's a suggestion though: you could pop it in your PC and see how that handles it. If it manages to read it (which means it isn't too badly damaged), you might be able to rip your own ISO from it, and then burn it on another CD. Still, as Previous said, you'd probably need to install a modchip or something, which is still pretty troublesome.
If your PC's powerful enough you might be able to run your ripped ISO with an emulator though. The only problem is that you'll have to use your keyboard, unless you have a PC controller.
Thanked by:
Does the problem also appear on a Wii?
Thanked by:
Um, just a thought, how did we get from audio streaming problem to isos?
Thanked by:
Audio streaming issues were common with early gamecube emulation software and gamecube modchips, that's why :-)
Plus, apparently, 90% of TSR members play illegaly obtained software. Ouch!
Thanked by:
(05-30-2012, 02:34 AM)Previous Wrote: Audio streaming issues were common with early gamecube emulation software and gamecube modchips, that's why :-)
Plus, apparently, 90% of TSR members play illegaly obtained software. Ouch!

Oh I see. Cute
Thanked by:
Well I thought that using an ISO on an emulator might eliminate any audio streaming problems, since the disc seemed to be the cause. Just a thought.
Thanked by: