Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Advice on Ripping Kunio Online Sprites
Hopefully everyone reading knows what the Kunio Kun series is. If not, it's the series that contained such games as Super Dodgeball and River City Ransom. For a while, it felt like it was dying, and its recent recovery isn't at full force yet. Case in point, a Korean company called Windysoft was making a MMORPG based on the series, Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari/Street Gangs/River City Ransom in particular, but for some odd reason it failed; a major victory for the series lost.

While the game in its released Beta was far from flawless, it already looked great; a lovely modernization of the iconic chibi sprites the series was always known for, and I feel it deserves better than it got. Perhaps it can attain some good afterlife, as the downloaded Beta is still on my Desktop; just waiting to be utilized as a great graphics resource for the dedicated Kunio fangame community, but there's one problem: It's all in files of a type I can't recognize or comprehend.

This is where you come in; hopefully. I'm going to list all of the file extensions in this game, and hopefully, someone will have heard of them and can tell me how I might get some graphics from them; right now I'm not even sure which type contains the graphics. Here are all the file types:
TLS
BSC
IDX
SRA
SRC
SRD

SRI
SIS (NOTE: These two are the file types in the folder called "IMG," but web searches didn't seem to yield corroboration that they were image formats.)

SRB
SRS
SRM
MSR
SRO
SRE
STS
SRT

So there; I know it's quite a lot to take in, but hopefully the "IMG" folder is all I need. I'm sorry to sound like I'm inflicting a lot on people for the sake of a personal passion, but if someone can just tell me where I need to look for the sprites, and how, I'll do it myself.
Thanked by:
Moved to QIT.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: