Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
animal sprites
I run an adoptable site and currently make the sprites. These are a few i've made. [Image: laluAdult.png] [Image: new2.png] [Image: 1stNEW.png] [Image: spring-1.png]
Thanked by:
you need a lot more contrast in the shading, I mean a lot lot more!
there are also some not so smooth looking surface, but the lack of contrast in the shading makes it look like there is no shading!
Thanked by:
thank you. i'll fix that.

EDIT: Old-->[Image: 1stNEW.png]New-->[Image: contrast.png] is this any better? i think it is now too contrasted however.
Thanked by:
that's not better, there is still no contrast! your shadows should go from near absolute black to fully lit!!
heres some animal sprites I did if it helps at all (their old and the forms are a bit off but the shades are whats important)
[Image: beasts_pinewolf_by_pushbombshell-d4oqkvb.png]
contrast! contrast! contrast! (third one down shows contrast best)
once thats done you might want to hue shift (not shown in the above image) which I'm sure someone else could show you much better than I could.
Thanked by:
Yeah man, we're talking about real-ass contrast here
[Image: RuuJl.png]
this might be a little exaggerated, but it looks way less flat than your sprite, currently
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here