Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
3DS Music Rips
Is it possible to rip Nintendo 3DS Music? If you look at a game, say like Super Mario 3D Land, you can rip the entire soundtrack if there's a possibility, then we'd get the Super Mario 3D Land Game Over and Final Boss themes up on YouTube. So, is there a way to rip music from the Nintendo 3DS games?
Sprite ripper, Rainmeter maker, and Game Boy palette creator! At your service, VG-Resource!
Thanked by:
Probably. Dunno for sure, 3DS ripping (or anything to do with 3DS ROMs in general) is still in its early stages, so it's unlikely that it's perfected, although I don't even know if it's started.
Then again, if we're just talking about sounds, it's possible (maybe even probable) that the process/tools used for ripping them is similar to the regular DS. If I get the chance I'll see if I can find anything out.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(05-12-2012, 04:14 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Probably. Dunno for sure, 3DS ripping (or anything to do with 3DS ROMs in general) is still in its early stages, so it's unlikely that it's perfected, although I don't even know if it's started.
Then again, if we're just talking about sounds, it's possible (maybe even probable) that the process/tools used for ripping them is similar to the regular DS. If I get the chance I'll see if I can find anything out.

We're talking about sounds AND music.
Sprite ripper, Rainmeter maker, and Game Boy palette creator! At your service, VG-Resource!
Thanked by:
Same thing, when it comes to formats. Music is sound, just of certain content. My point is, what I said above applies to all audio, be it music, sound effects, voices, whatever.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Ploaj
You can rip the music using the headphone jack, sure, but it'd have to be using a sound test and sound recorder - it wouldn't be possible to extract the files from the cartridge itself.

You'd need a line-in cable from your headphone port on the 3DS to the microphone port on your computer - and there you go.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy, Ploaj
Old thread but, Is it possible yet?
[Image: WrappedInBlack.png]
Thanked by:
I haven't heard any more on the matter since this thread. As far as I know it still isn't possible, although there may have been some progress outside of this forum.
Thanked by:
It probably could be possible if you could connect your 3DS to your PC somehow and possibly extract the files, but the likelihood of them being in a useable/recognizable format would prob. be so low that it wouldn't even be worth trying. If it is even possible to do that, that is. I have no idea how far even accessing the 3DS's files has come if it's even been started on yet. We need to just wait a while and the internet will likely come up with something.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Just wait and let the hackers do their work, something should eventually see the crossroads that is known as the internet.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
(09-03-2012, 07:05 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: connect your 3DS to your PC

get one of these

[Image: ipod-gets-its-first-toy-iz-2.jpg%3F20110712-094509]

It comes with a connector that's supposed to be used to make the toy play music off of your iPod or something like that. It uses the connectors that can be inserted into the headphone slot of the 3DS and the microphone slot of the computer. Basically turn down all the volume except for the music and record it using Audacity or something. That's how I ripped this little dialogue snippit from Kid Icarus Uprising: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Lunar+Sanctu...TkIZ?src=5
Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy