Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Sound Booth
I'm probably not gonna be submitting many sounds, but for those that I will submit will go here.

While trudging around in The Last Specter with Tinke I thought I may as well see if I can get some sounds. I had to create my own program to convert them all, but it looks like I've got most. For now the only ones I'm sure I've got all of are the voices, so here they are: pllastspecter_charactervoices.zip

I left the file names the same as the originals, I'm assuming that's preferred. This is my first time submitting sounds (just in case you hadn't noticed already) so if I need to change anything feel free to point it out.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Ploaj, Garamonde
Could you upload that file elsewhere? It's giving me this page.
Sorry about that.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy
Sorry, direct links are dodgy with Google Drive. It works for me though, even when I'm signed out, so that's kind of weird.

Anyway, I've updated the link so that it's not a direct link, but it's still on Google Drive. If that still doesn't work I'll try and host it elsewhere.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Well, it looks like it took me to the home page, and there is no download link there so...
It probably only works if you're a member. Sad
Thanked by:
That is so weird, it's working for me, even when I'm logged out, so it must be unrelated to being a member.
I'll just use MediaFire then, it's probably about time to use it anyway. I just try to keep my number of web accounts down, so I wanted to see if Google Drive worked. I guess it's designed more towards storage than sharing, so I'll just use it for personal stuff instead.

Anyway, I've updated the link. Sorry about all of this hassle, but if it doesn't work this time then maybe I'm just not destined to submit sounds Tongue
Thanked by: Garamonde
Oh, dude... I hate to tell you this, but the site's size limit for .ZIPs is 30MB, and yours is 32...
I didn't know it was that large since I wasn't able to save the file until now, so unfortunately you'll have to either split the sounds into two parts, or submit each character's sounds separately (which would probably be better).
Sorry! Sad
Ouch!

Well, no problem. I'll organize it into characters either tonight or tomorrow (since I'll have to listen to every file to know who it is), and edit this post with a link.
Once again things haven't gone completely according to plan. Most characters have a useful amount of lines, which is of course fine. However, there are some who have no more than 2 or 3 sound clips, and a few only have 1.

I'm not sure if this is OK or not. Maybe having a zip folder with a single sound clip is a bit pointless. I could split it into one folder for the 3 main characters, and another for the rest.
On the other hand, it'd be convenient if each character had their own zip, since people can easily identify who they want sounds from, and then just get them. Also, if I were to pack multiple character sounds together, I'd have to name each one according to the character, since some characters can sound very similar (especially gasps or single words).

I'm planning to go with the latter option (zip for each character), since that's easier for me and more organized. However, if you think I should group them together, or think I should do something else, then feel free to say so.

EDIT: Well, I've done it how I planned. Some people speak while disguised, but I've put those clips in folders for the character they were disguised as, separate from those they say when undisguised. Here is a link to the characters' zips, I'll link each one with the name they should have on the site:

Arianna
Badger
The Black Raven
Clark
Crow
Descole
Doland
Emmy
Inspector Grosky
Chief Jakes
Professor Layton
Louis
Luke
Seamus
Tony
Toppy

Still, if you think I should do it another way that's no problem.
It's all good! They're up now! Big Grin
Here are some more voices! These are from WarioWare: Touched!:

Ashley
Dr. Crygor
Jimmy T.
Kat and Ana
Mike
Mona
9-Volt
Wario

Personally I'd recommend putting them under the heading "Microgames", and then naming them "[character's name]'s Voice", since these voices are said whenever a microgame is completed/failed. However if you've played the game and can think of a better way to organize them, then by all means do so.

I might have a go at getting some sprites from WarioWare too Smile
Thanked by: Shade, Garamonde
Decided to convert this, since it didn't look like GrimmJeel was gonna get round to it.

Doctor 8 (Pt.1)
Doctor 8 (Pt.2)
Doctor Borous (Pt.1)
Doctor Borous (Pt.2)
Doctor Borous (Pt.3)
Doctor Dala (Pt.1)
Doctor Dala (Pt.2)
Doctor Dala (Pt.3)
Doctor Klein (Pt.1)
Doctor Klein (Pt.2)
Doctor Klein (Pt.3)
Doctor O (Pt.1)
Doctor O (Pt.2)

All I've done is converted the files and packed them into separate archives, I haven't changed the file names or anything. I'm not sure if these are the names of the original files, like my other uploads, but I'd say not. I also named the archives differently than my other submissions, but I don't know if anybody cares. I've never played New Vegas myself, so I didn't check the files, but I'm sure that they're all good.

I had to work the files around a bit to get some of the files to fit into 3 archives, as GrimmJeel said .ogg files are much smaller. You might notice that a few of the .zips are just scraping the underside of the 30MB boundary Tongue
Thanked by: Garamonde, TGE
For the WW voices, why not just put them under Character Voices? Or are those not all their voices?

EDIT: I've already got most of them up, except for Jimmy T. and 9-Volt, because this idiotic internet security program that Mom has on her computer won't let me download them, even though it let me get the others...
I'll get them when I get back to my own CPU, hopefully tomorrow.
Thanked by:
Well, for some of them that's the only voices that they have in the game, but others like Jimmy T. and Ashley also have other bits. If these were the only voices, "Character Voices" would be OK, but in this case it would be best to specify that they're just the minigame voices.

Also, no problem about the non-downloading of files. Although I can't see why it would filter those and no others, weird.
Thanked by:
Well if Jimmy and Ashley are the only ones who have more than just microgame voices, then I think that you should include the rest of their voice files in their archives, separated by folders, because it'd look odd to have a "Microgames" section with most characters, then have another section with only two, containing their last few not-microgame sound files. It'd be more efficient this way.
Thanked by:
Well they're not the only ones, to be honest I can't remember those who do and don't. I'm pretty sure others like Mike and Mona have them, maybe Wario too.

Still, I can do what you said if you prefer that. It'll just take a while, that's all.
Thanked by: