Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
i'm back(kirby custom sprites
well i'm back with these 100% custom sprites,and this time i will try and take everyone's criticism a little more calmly and less personal.[Image: luSfp.png].
Thanked by: ~Axis~
I'm glad that you're back! These sprites look great. However, a few sprites lack a fixed light source. All sprites in the same sheet should have a light source that's only in one direction. It would also be cool if you removed the blue shading in kirby's eyes, but that's up to you though. Overall, congratulations on your first full custom sprite sheet! Wink
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
Well, Kirby's eyes are in fact blue, but it needs to be somewhat darker.
You also have flat edges and jaggy outlines going on, so you should try to smooth them out the best you can.
By the way welcome back. We were never jabbing you, just our way of helping people is a little more rough than it is in other places.
However that also means that people get better here than they do in some other places.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: recme
I think you need to touch up in a few places such as the outline, eyes, and shading. Also that outline needs to stay more constant with the sprite and the eyes need less shades of blue.

I made an example Genki ^_^
[Image: 3zxZV.png]
Thanked by: recme, Garamonde, Sengir
glad to see you all.blueblur97 could you be a little more clear on which sprites you see the problem on,ploaj that's example is a lot better i'll be sure to fix each of them so i'll get to work right away see you guys soon.
Thanked by:
are these any better [Image: 0OKG9.png] i'm not done fixing them yet i just wanted to know if i'm on the right track.
Thanked by:
why does it looks and feels like you're just tracing them?
(05-08-2012, 10:18 PM)Meta Wrote: why does it looks and feels like you're just tracing them?

maybe because of the seeming overuse of a line tool, the quality of the animation frames, and the general style looking hand drawn.
I'll say its a little suspect, but I'm not one to jump to conclusions.

tips, I'd say curve the hell out of those surfaces, clean the shading up so its not following the outline but following the form, it looks like kirby is just a fridge magnet in some frames, use a consistent light source, and antialias and selout wisely on those black lines
Thanked by: Ploaj, Garamonde
i assumed that you meant the die sprite were the shading doesn't follow the light source so i fixed it,and applied antialias to them but not to sure if i should keep them that way so i'll see what you have to say [Image: 1OL7h.png].meta is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Thanked by:
DO NOT APPLY ANTI-ALIASING FILTERS THE SPRITE BECOMES UNUSABLE!!
sorry but that's a very important thing to remember, so much so my keyboard capsed itself for just such an occasion.
do anti-aliasing manually, because the ones you have now will show up in game like this:
[Image: seege.png]
not to mention it adds unnecessary colours to your pallet (where you only need 1 extra colour maybe 2 if your thorough.)
pick the anti-aliasing colours by hand. onto another point I want to stress your shading should follow the form of the character... and I now notice you have also used selout on the wrong side of shading, selout should be used in the direction of the light source
Thanked by: Ploaj, Garamonde
Refer back to mine for antialiasing
[Image: cCbVq.png]
Thanked by:
i fix the selout shading but i really don't know how to pick the right antialias colors do i change the colors opacity or is there a different way?[Image: kdbT0.png].edit never mind i didn't see your post ploaj.
Thanked by:
why dont we actually try another subject a bit mroe complex than kirby, even at this level it seems that you're bitting more than you can chew.
why would i move on to something more complex than what i'm doing now when i'm not even done with this one.i still don't know how to antialias very well so it would't make sense to drop this sprite sheet,and move on to something else.
Thanked by:
Stop making spritesheets and start making sprites. You'll learn more from practicing spriting by drawing different characters in different styles rather than making a spritesheet of a single character, especially since the character is Kirby.
Thanked by: