Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
All aboard the improvement train, toot-toot
So I'm going to be trying to improve how I draw humanoids this month and I am calling on TSR for assistance.

I'm going to be drawing the characters from my novel-in-progress with different expressions, in different poses, from the front, from the side, from the back, starting with the easiest, closest to my comfort zone (portraits) and going from there.

Hopefully by the end of the month I'll be better at drawing people.

A note: I currently can't get my tablet working, and drawing on paper makes my eyes hurt. So, for the time being, I'll be using paint tool SAI and a mouse.

Anyways. Here's the first thing I've done. (May 07)

[Image: madara.png]

Expressions practice, mostly. I also don't have a lot of experience with profiles, so I did one of those. The whole thing doubles as a reference sheet.

tl;dr help me improve
I like your profile a lot!

Also the third's position looks uncomfortable, though maybe it's just that his neck is too long I DONT KNOW I SUCK AT CRIT
Thanked by:
May 09:

[Image: renmadara.png]

Madara again. Part of a larger picture that I will never finish because I digitally paint SLOW. Like, seriously, this was supposed to be a speedpaint and his head/neck/bandanna alone took me like 3 hours.
Thanked by:
On that third pic on the op, the neck IS quite stretched sore. On the left one, the ears are way too back and the face too compressed at the front, makes him look like a melon. ears are at sort of eye level, and-- well by the rest of your art it seems you know this, still
Thanked by:
Well, getting a job kind of screwed over this plan.

Posting some stuff I did during the month...

[Image: porkysai.png]

[Image: aoimoon.png]

[Image: ucant.png]

Obviously all WIP or doodles.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Tellis