Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My FF6/4 Project
Currently, I'm rom hacking FF6 to be more like FF4 and I'm having high success so far. What I'm hoping to do is convert all the characters from FFIV into FF6 playable characters. So far I've converted 4 of the FFIV characters as you can see here:

(For any of your FFIV GBA fans out there, you'll notice I made a few minor modifications to the FFIV portraits. Wink )
[Image: 5550.png]
Origionals:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/squenix...traits.png

What I'm in need help of is FFIV character sprites. I'm fully aware of the FFIV characters sprites in here and I'm using a lot of them as is although I'm in need of the Battle sprites which I'll use for the overworld as well.
I'll try to clareify what I'm talking about.

FFIV uses two sets of character sprites, overworld sprites and battle sprites. FF6 uses one set, battle and overworld are the same thing.
What I need is some added sprites to the battle sprites, forwards and backwards walking sprites.
Here is how FF6's character sprite grid is set up: http://myimg.us/images/08.31.08/5551.png

I can use a majorite of the FF4 battle sprites for the FF6 character grid but there are a few sprites that have not been made. Would anyone be willing to help me with this small task? Backwards/stand still/forwards sprites for Cecil, Rydia, Kain and Edge?

I've attempted at this already although I'm horrific at making character sprites. Here is some of my sprite work I've done in the past without resolution restrictions:
http://z-is-for-zemious.deviantart.com/gallery/

Here's a video of somthing I've done using a FF4 boss:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXrE1Mp6RjE
Thanked by:
I've actually thought of converting FF4's cast to FF6 style several times. I may try my hand at this.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Thanks for the reply Tonberry2k, I'm going to watch this thread.
Thanked by:
Here is what I have for Cecil so far:
[Image: xmokkl.jpg]

A friend made this for me.

I'm going to work on Rydia, Cecil, Kain, and Edge for the main party members so far.
So .. I uploaded this (or atleast I tried) into the FF6 Sprite Editor and found that the fella' who made them used 29 colors. @__@
FF6 is limited to 16 colors.
Thanked by:
Looks like an Edgar edit to me. :/
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
Yeah, it pretty much is. :/
I'm going to have to probably make my own set unless Tonberry does it.
Thanked by:
So how's it go Tonberry2k?
Thanked by:
Don't wait for me to do everything. I don't even know if I'll get around to it.
I suggest making your own Cecil rather than editing existing character sprites.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Use the pallet from FF6 not FF4.
Thanked by:
So far, Cecil and Kain are finished.
I'm working on Rydia and Edge right now.
Thanked by:
[Image: ff6edwardxf5.png]Just a single sprite right now, but I gave Edward a try.
Thanked by:
Oh nice man, very nice.
If you don't continue, I can still use this as a reference for the rest of the animations.

Thanks, I'll have to figure out a way to add in bows and other projectile weapons.
I'm aware of Shadows throw ability although I can't add equipment to FFVI, only edit.
Thanked by:
If I don't finish (And I probably won't; I never finish anything.) then sure, you can use whatever I have as a base, provided I get credit, of course. I'm still planning to add to it, though.
Thanked by:
If you don't think you'll finish the miniture Edward project, would you do a series of sprites?
One sprite per character so I can work off of it?

We have Kain done along with Cecil.
The main characters are Cecil, Kain, Rydia and Edge but I'm adding all the characters in along with the characters from "FFIV: The After".
I've finished the portraits and they're in already.
Thanked by:
Sure, I'd be up for that. I would need references for FFIV:TA, though, since I've never played it. (Heard of it, though.)
Thanked by: