Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Castlevania Beyond Time Project (Updated v0.7)
Hello everyone, i am pleased to meet you.
First of all, forgive my bad english, its hard for me to explain things in a different language.

I am actually programming a fangame of Castlevania in Flash.
The main character is Alucard, and the sprites are of course based on SOTN.

here is a demo of the 0.7 version.
actually the game is like 0.85 but i didn't uploaded it yet.

here is the link :

http://perso.numericable.fr/dimebagplan/demo.html

CTRL = Jump;
SHIFT = Attack;
P = Show Menu;

You can have different speed if you use Internet Explorer or Firefox, just choose what fit the best with your computer.

Also, because it is Internet the loading could be long, depends of your connection.

Here are some inGame screenshots :

[Image: hited.jpg]
[Image: screen00.jpg]
[Image: screen02.jpg]
[Image: subWeapon0.jpg]
[Image: forest.jpg]

///////////////////////
The help that i would like :

If you are interested by my project and want to participate, you can !
Actually i need help in designing the Castle.

I would like to create new rooms that are not in the game to get a new different castle.

Actually the programming take all my time so unfortunately i can't do that much castle design for the moment Sad

Here are some restrictions for rooms :

minimum width = 255 pixels
minimum height = 207 pixels

You can have different exit in a single room,
Here are the restrictions.

If the exit are down
: be sure that the bloc of the transition room is 71 pixels height.
I sometimes see 66 pixels height though. (the 2 are ok but the next room have to get the same height).
(look the red blocs in the pictures).

If the exit are up

be sure that the the distance from top of the screen to floor is 136 pixels height.
(look the red blocs in the pictures).

Thats all !
You can see on those pictures that even if room are totally different (cavern and entrance, the blocs size are the same height.

[Image: entrance.jpg]

[Image: cavern.jpg]

[Image: entrance2.jpg]

[Image: cavern2.jpg]

Thanks badbatman3 to rip those ^^

The first one in a self made, the others are taken from the game to show you exemple.

I will be really pleased if anyone can help me.
Feel free to tell me what you think about my project !
cya.
Thanked by:
This looks very interesting; although i think it should go in fangames more. I'll move it there for you.

I have no experience in flash actionscript; so I can't really help you. I look forward to seeing this become really interesting; though.
Thanked by:
(08-31-2008, 05:52 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: This looks very interesting; although i think it should go in fangames more. I'll move it there for you.

I have no experience in flash actionscript; so I can't really help you. I look forward to seeing this become really interesting; though.

Thanks you for answering to my post GrooveMan.exe.
I apologize to not see the fan games category, thanks you for moving my post in the appropriate location.

Well the fact is that action script is not required at all, only some basics skill of photoshop are ok.

I just need background pictures in .png format.
After i get those png, i just have to import them in flash and then to insert collisions boxes in the proper place.

As i said, i really need help because i am finishing all the prgramming of my game. So for now i am very busy with the prog part. Surprise

Maybe the project can become very interesting if few more people work on it, it can make things just really bigger.
So people who are interested in doing some rooms for the game, don't be shy ! Wink

Anyway i am glad that you like it and support my project.
Fan games are really painful to do, especially if you work alone... Sad

But i am know that there are many talented sprites ripper around there so i hope they can help me.
In futur post i will show you some examples.
cya.

btw: i love those similes...
Thanked by:
Ah, I remember you asked if you could use my sprite rips for this game of yours. I never thought you'd actually advertise here on tSR though.

I also have to apologize for not getting back to you about the demo. For some reason it never loaded and I have high-speed. :/
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
It loads for me, but I don't know what the controls are. I pressed every key and only the directional ones seemed to work. Surprise
Thanked by:
Hey, what's up ?
Actually, it has worked for everyone, maybe just try again if the game failed to load ?
Anyway, when the game will be finished you will be able to download the game.

Quote:It loads for me, but I don't know what the controls are. I pressed every key and only the directional ones seemed to work.
Ctrl for jump, Shift for attack.

But in the next version you will be able to customize keys Wink
Thanked by:
the game loaded for me and i liked it even if it was a bit confusing at first. something i would advise though is maybe having a story line to go with the game. good luck though and i cant wait to see the end result.
[Image: YunaSig.png]
Thanked by:
Quote:maybe having a story line to go with the game
Yo !
Actually the version uploaded on my webpage is the 0.5, finished product is 1.0
The version on my computer is 0.8
I already have the story line, i am going to program dialog in the future version.

I am glad that you liked it ^^
Thanked by:
so what program r u making this with.
Thanked by:
Do you not read? He's making it in flash.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Hehe, yeah its Flash !

I still need help if anyone is interested.
Thanked by:
0.7 is Out.

-----------------------------
http://perso.numericable.fr/dimebagplan/demo.html
-----------------------------

New Features :

-Damage display
-Candles added
-Hearts added
-Some more animations for Alucard
-Better room transition
-Menu added for change equipement (press P (like pause...))
-New weapon added (Gladius).
-Add of subweapon (axe)
-2 Enemies Added

And some other changes that are less visible...

Enjoy.
Thanked by:
Works real great. I'm looking forward to seeing how this will turn out later. Smile
Thanked by:
You have great scripting skills (I couldn't get slopes to work when I use Flash, hehe), the game is waay to slow. Can't anything be done about that? I don't mean slow as in there is no dash or no double jump, but everything is just way too slow, like I'm playing in mud or something.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
Yo Mr.Buttbutt !
Well, it is the principal problem with Flash.
When you put a game online, especially with a very high frame rate, you can have big surprise with speed.
Actually, the speed can depends of your Flash player version and also from your browser.
If you use Firefox, try Internet explorer for example.

I can say that i have full speed with Internet Explorer.
Here is a video on youtube with the original speed you should get.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=AedeDx-ASuM

Anyway later, the game will be available for download so there won't be any internet speed problem related.
Thanked by: