Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon Nest
So, I've started work on ripping rigged models from Dragon Nest, a semi-popular game in north america and south-eastern asia, incredibly popular over in Japan, Korea, China, and Taiwan.
It's got a great art direction and amazing animation for an MMO, and I was like "HEY I WANNA RIP FROM THIS GAME".
I could get .obj files from it just fine, but when I rip a .dae file and try to open it..

"Blender 2.61 has stopped responding and needs to close, homie".
I used a program called Dragon Nest Model Browser to export the models and such (in their native .msh format), and a program called Mshconverter to convert them, and blender 2.61 to open them.

I tried converting to .dxf instead, but I got something horrible, and it didn't even have bones, either.

I could technically export it to FBX, but I'd need a program that could open those files and export it to a format that blender can use.

On a side note, here's one of the objects I ripped.
[Image: sy5mit.png]
[Image: 29736365.png]
Oh yeah. That Kain avatar up there is gonna change. Into something better.
Thanked by:
Search blender FBX importer i dunno :s ??
Thanked by:
(04-25-2012, 05:30 PM)Bazinga! Wrote: Search blender FBX importer i dunno :s ??

Lawl, already tried that.

Results were bad. Direct FBX importing with blender is not an easy thing to accomplish.

Think I'll just try Maya and post up my rips in the Projects forum.
Thanked by:
*screams girly scream*
OMG so does dis mean that you can rip Belskard/Velskard!?! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
that would be so cool.
other than that. ausome cereberus...i never got around to fighting him in the event.
Thanked by:
Velskud??

I can rip any character.
I have FBX's of all of them, but dang.. learning maya is tuff work.
I want my blender back.

So I posted this li'l topic up hoping someone with more know-how on the subject would tell me how to convert dragon nest .msh files to dae properly or .fbx to dae, something like that.

Here's a pic I took of an FBX of Balskrood (Velskud, his name changes in a weird way with every new translation), his hair and cape look strange due to transparency issues (I have no idea how to work maya). Still trying to find a way to export this to a more accessible format, like dae, smd, and obj.

Posed him meself

[Image: 2uifcr5.png]
Thanked by:
yes velskud is ausome
check dis out
[Image: tumblr_m0r3peOUp91rrz6ido4_1280.jpg]
that's his japanese voice actor in costume. (now it would be really cool if his game model did that)

i've played dragon nest but i've yet to see any dragons. are there any?
Thanked by:
Gackt. You so byootiful

We're missing three dragons that are known of so far.
Sea Dragon
[Image: 200px-Sea_Dragon_Nest_Boss.png]

Green Dragon
[Image: 1320895431539.jpg]

And the desert dragon, which there aren't any pics of.

Anyway, I've got the rips, FBX and OBJ format. That means you need Maya or Max to use them rigged.
Wish it was otherwise.
Thanked by:
Pretty nice looking models! I really hope you can sort out the DAE issue, because it would be great to have them fully rigged on the site.
Thanked by:
3ds max? If you give me a sample of the files, I could import them Smile
Thanked by:
Try this to get a .dae. I use it for mine.
http://www.micromouse.ca/downloads.html
Thanked by:
(04-26-2012, 09:17 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: 3ds max? If you give me a sample of the files, I could import them Smile

You can? :0
Well, I can give you some samples, I suppose.
http://www.mediafire.com/?a6se8qjjnjpfaw2

I think only cerberus has textures right now, lawl. I'll include textures in the complete versions.

@Allen, that program doesn't appear to support FBX files. @_@
Thanked by:
Almost all models look fine, except Cerberus Sad. You may have to re-export him.
As I already said, the others looked fine Smile
I made 2 renders. These renders are actually my first 3d art like thingy.
(04-26-2012, 07:37 PM)Crett Wrote:
(04-26-2012, 09:17 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: 3ds max? If you give me a sample of the files, I could import them Smile

Well, I can give you some samples, I suppose.
http://www.mediafire.com/?a6se8qjjnjpfaw2

I think only cerberus has textures right now, lawl. I'll include textures in the complete versions.

@Allen, that program doesn't appear to support FBX files. @_@
Thanked by:
I can open them and all, I just can't export them to dae. I guess I'll have to submit them with FBX and OBJ instead of DAE and OBJ, if nothing else turns up.

Is this okay? :0
Thanked by:
I can export them as DAE if you want Smile
(04-28-2012, 09:35 PM)Crett Wrote: I can open them and all, I just can't export them to dae. I guess I'll have to submit them with FBX and OBJ instead of DAE and OBJ, if nothing else turns up.

Thanked by:
(04-29-2012, 03:33 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: I can export them as DAE if you want Smile
(04-28-2012, 09:35 PM)Crett Wrote: I can open them and all, I just can't export them to dae. I guess I'll have to submit them with FBX and OBJ instead of DAE and OBJ, if nothing else turns up.

that'd be great

Y'see, whenever I try to export them as DAE with Maya, and open them in blender, they crash the program.
Thanked by: