Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Favorite Nintendo Console?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nintendo Entertainment System
6.13%
10 6.13%
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
15.95%
26 15.95%
Nintendo 64
17.79%
29 17.79%
GameCube
15.34%
25 15.34%
Wii
6.13%
10 6.13%
Gameboy
3.07%
5 3.07%
Gameboy Color
4.29%
7 4.29%
Gameboy Advance
10.43%
17 10.43%
Nintendo DS (and Lite)
11.04%
18 11.04%
Nintendo 3DS
7.98%
13 7.98%
Game & Watch Devices
1.84%
3 1.84%
Total 163 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favorite Console? (Nintendo)
I thought it might be interesting to talk about what everybody's favorite Nintendo console is. This takes into consideration whatever the hell you want: library, backwards compatibility, gimmicks. Whatever. What's your favorite Nintendo console?

Mine is looking like the GameCube. There was something really peculiar and enjoyable about the early GameCube titles, and just. GameCube. They feel GameCube. I don't really know how else to describe it. Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Super Monkey Ball, WaveRace: Blue Storm. They all have this very unique GameCube feel to them. And GameCube smell? If you don't know what GameCube smell is, you aren't a gamer. And you missed out on the greatest scent nose to man-kind.

I love a lot of the older consoles too, and my DS Lite has more than its share of my life clocked away, but I'm having and have had the most fun with the GameCube and its library.

Oh, and the Wavebird is the single most comfortable controller I've ever held.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Tellis, Garamonde
I haven't had the privilege to own any non-handheld Nintendo consoles, and have only played on a few of them.

The original Nintendo Gameboy is probably my favourite. I have fond memories of playing Metroid II and Pokemon Silver on it, not to mention LoZ: Link's Awakening.
I also voted for the DS above, because it's a fantastic console, especially when games take full advantage of the touch screen and/or microphone. It's also introduced me to Professor Layton, one of the best game series with some of the best music ever. Without it I wouldn't have been able to play the two later M&L RPGs, either.

Although you didn't include it, my Gameboy Micro might have made it if it weren't for the complete lack of any backwards compatibility whatsoever.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
My beloved Nintendo 64 Heart.
[Image: THENEWSIGNATURE.png]
Thanked by: Ploaj, HandToeKnee, Iceman404
It's between the Gamecube and 3DS for me. I'm mostly in those two for their library of games.
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]
Thanked by:
If I had to pick one, Gamecube. But since I don't have to I picked SNES, N64, GCN, GBA, DS and 3DS
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by:
SNES. I think it was the high point of several series, including Mario (Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Mario RPG), Zelda (Link to the Past), Metroid (Super Metroid), Donkey Kong (DKC 1-3), Kirby (Superstar), Final Fantasy (4-6), and Megaman X (1-3). then we've got all the great games that weren't necessarily high points in the series, but still fantastic, or were standalone games, like Earthbound, Super Ghosts n' Goblins, Castlevania 4 and Castlevania X, Chrono Trigger, Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, Star Fox, Megaman 7, Megaman & Bass, Harvest Moon, Kirby 3, Lion King, Aladdin, Lufia 1 and 2, Super Double Dragon, Turtles in Time, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Not a bad library.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Garamonde, Ploaj, HandToeKnee
Goddanmit! I can't choose! They are like my children. I'll vote for them all!

Except you Virtual Boy... oh wait you're not on there.
Definitely the N64. Lots of memorable multiplayer games, platformers, 2 good Zelda games, plus those were the days where we didn't have any of those stupid console wars like we have today and no one cared how the graphics look.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, HandToeKnee
I ended up voting for most of them. I was going to vote just on the SNES but then I kept thinking of great games for all of them. I just couldn't decide!
Thanked by:
Two excellent Turok titles, one pretty-decent all-multiplayer Turok title, Quake grudge matches on a whim, Perfect Dark (there's no going back to GoldenEye after Jo Dark's exploits).

You seriously gotta ask?
[Image: 332arg3.jpg]
Kilgore Trout Wrote:I let her touch my PSP once, and she was all "where are the a and b buttons" ;3;
Thanked by:
SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and DS Lite. I can't choose one between them. I've had priceless, unforgettable memories with all of them...
The rest I have never played.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I pretty much picked them all. No matter what gripes you may have with a system, it's undeniable that theres at least one game that was special. One that made it all worth it. Of course for me, each system has many titles I've loved and still love to this day.
Thanked by: senjen
for its games? N64. for its gameplay possibilities? wii

(04-23-2012, 08:50 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Goddanmit! I can't choose! They are like my children. I'll vote for them all!

Except you Virtual Boy... oh wait you're not on there.

CDI
Thanked by:
CD-I is Philips, not Nintendo
Thanked by: Kriven, Garamonde
I actually think that Nintendo 64 is one of the worst consoles from Nintendo... I don't understand the hype around it.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: recme