Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Metroid Prime Level/creature textures request
Burger 
CuteYo! I am in need of assistance in acquiring textures from the different levels and creatures of metroid prime! I don't have access to a computer that can run dolphin properly Sad
so I humbly request the assistance of anyone who could rip the textures and post them. I thank you profusely if you take up the request.
Sound designer and video editor
Thanked by:
any responses?
Thanked by:
Asking for textures from every level and creature in the game is a tall request, especially since it means playing through most of the game again. Considering what you plan to use it for, you'd have better luck if you narrowed down what you were looking for (watching videos and such).
Thanked by: Garamonde, Zadaben
(04-21-2012, 11:32 PM)Peardian Wrote: Asking for textures from every level and creature in the game is a tall request, especially since it means playing through most of the game again. Considering what you plan to use it for, you'd have better luck if you narrowed down what you were looking for (watching videos and such).

I am not asking for 1 specific person to do this, I think it would be more efficient if it were through collective posting of textures from each level, also I am not using them for a single texture pack, I am using them for multiple texture packs that are specific to each level. First one I am doing is a general texture pack that covers the game as a whole, the next ones I plan on doing, If i have the textures, is texture packs that are for each level, like a texture pack for half of frigate orpheon and another for the next half as I don't think every texture for a single level will fit into just one pack. But even then, you are correct to assume that it will be difficult to acquire all of the textures.
Thanked by:
I mean it wouldn't be THAT difficult to get the textures if you use the OpenGL option on Dolphin that sends textures that are used onscreen to a folder, and then making a compressed file out of the textures in that folder and then posting it to some kind of file storage website, like mediafire or dropbox
Thanked by:
Okay how about this. All I require at the moment is the textures from the first level of Metroid Prime 1, Frigate Orpheon.
Thanked by:
any responses?
Thanked by:
Is there at least someone who could refer me to a website or person?
Thanked by:
after 3 days and still no response?
Thanked by:
DUDE! EASE UP! Quit bumping your request thread! Give the request at least a week before bumping it. Remember that you are relying on people's good will on fulfiling your request. Some request threads take weeks (if not months) to get a reply from someone intersted to help. On my behalf, I haven't played a single metroid game to date, and can't be of any help to your request.

Wait patiently for someone to help you.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by: Garamonde
Have patience, your thread mostly consists out of your posts.
(05-05-2012, 09:08 AM)soul117eater Wrote: after 3 days and still no response?
Thanked by: ~Axis~, Garamonde
I'm pretty convinced by now that no one will help you with this.
Someone would probably be interested, but ripping level textures is more work than you think, as opposed to characters.
I assume that the levels in Metroid games are rather huge so they would have a LOT of detailed textures of different sizes which would be kind of a hassle to work with, and thus, probably more hassle than most people would be willing to go through to fulfill a request from a new member they are unfamiliar with.
That isn't any offense against you, I'm just saying that's probably why there haven't been any takers.
I would definitely wait longer though (a week at least) before each bump because it's honestly starting to get bothersome.
Not to mention there haven't been very many active texture rippers for a while so there probably just isn't anyone around that could help with this.
As for myself helping, I would try except that I'm not into Metroid games, don't have the ISO and have never played it so I wouldn't know what anything is much.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: alexmach1, Lemonray
(05-05-2012, 03:57 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I'm pretty convinced by now that no one will help you with this.
Someone would probably be interested, but ripping level textures is more work than you think, as opposed to characters.
I assume that the levels in Metroid games are rather huge so they would have a LOT of detailed textures of different sizes which would be kind of a hassle to work with, and thus, probably more hassle than most people would be willing to go through to fulfill a request from a new member they are unfamiliar with.
That isn't any offense against you, I'm just saying that's probably why there haven't been any takers.
I would definitely wait longer though (a week at least) before each bump because it's honestly starting to get bothersome.
Not to mention there haven't been very many active texture rippers for a while so there probably just isn't anyone around that could help with this.
As for myself helping, I would try except that I'm not into Metroid games, don't have the ISO and have never played it so I wouldn't know what anything is much.

I understand, and I apologize if I have been a nuisance.
I'm starting to doubt anyone would be willing to help with this
Thanked by:
just find a computer that runs dolphin, enable the "dump textures" function, and play through the game again dude.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here