Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
IRC Channel
Title says all. Is there an IRC channel for tSR?
Thanked by:
There used to be one, but at some point, noone ever visited it any more so it is practically gone.
Thanked by:
(04-14-2012, 08:56 AM)Previous Wrote: There used to be one, but at some point, noone ever visited it any more so it is practically gone.

Huh, well will there ever be one again?
Thanked by:
Sometimes I pop in randomly just to find noone there so I leave again. We've tried setting up TSR chats several times, but they always end up dying fast. Thus I would not get my hopes up.
Some members just prefer their exclusive-exquisite skype group chat too much Ouch!
Thanked by:
I'm thinking of setting up an actual chat system for the site, properly. Not using IRC, since they never end up being used, and the java applets always suck.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
(04-14-2012, 03:54 PM)Dazz Wrote: I'm thinking of setting up an actual chat system for the site, properly. Not using IRC, since they never end up being used, and the java applets always suck.

I mean, in terms of the abilities of chatting IRC is the best option and I'm sure you can implement it into the system you mentioned (I'm guessing something site-wide).

Thanked by:
IRC really isn't the best option. It's a rather outdated protocol at this point. There are many chat systems that tie into a site directly and can integrate into existing user databases that would serve the purpose much better.
Click the chat button at the top.
There's the IRC.

Nobody uses it.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Do a IRC channel, because stupid people can't figure it out and only the smart people can get in.
Thanked by:
(04-14-2012, 10:21 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Click the chat button at the top.
There's the IRC.
That button went missing in the default Afresh Flame skin. Kosheh, I bet that's all your fault! Nerd
Thanked by: Garamonde
(04-15-2012, 04:16 AM)Previous Wrote:
There's the IRC.
That button went missing in the default Afresh Flame skin. Kosheh, I bet that's all your fault! Nerd

You know, I actually didn't notice until you mentioned it just now, but I use Afresh Plum and I don't have the Chat button anymore either.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Perseus
(04-15-2012, 11:58 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 04:16 AM)Previous Wrote:
There's the IRC.

You know, I actually didn't notice until you mentioned it just now, but I use Afresh Plum and I don't have the Chat button anymore either.

You mean you don't use the super-secret 'Hello Kitty' theme?

Part of the problem with the IRC is that there's never really anyone idling in there so people join, don't see anyone around, leave, and never come back. I'd be quite happy to hang out in a channel if people were willing to drop by; I'm sure it'd be pretty awesome talking to everyone.
Thanked by: Garamonde
(04-15-2012, 02:06 PM)Raz Wrote: Part of the problem with the IRC is that there's never really anyone idling in there so people join, don't see anyone around, leave, and never come back. I'd be quite happy to hang out in a channel if people were willing to drop by; I'm sure it'd be pretty awesome talking to everyone.
Well I did idle (for weeks!), but noone ever popped in. Not my fault! Ouch!
Thanked by:
Maybe they knew you were in there so they didn't enter! Ouch!
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Previous
(04-15-2012, 03:36 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Maybe they knew you were in there so they didn't enter! Ouch!

Ouch! Jetters goes right for the jugular!

I'll probably leave my desktop idling in the channel for a while then!
Thanked by: Previous, Garamonde