Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[INDEV] The Legend of Zelda: The Lost Warrior *Made with Project Zelda Engine*
Removed since the game is no longer updated here.
Thanked by:
So wait, I don't get it.

Your basically making another ocarina of time that has a massive "what if" plot twist and changed a few various aspects of it if I read the story right.

I'm sorry but how on earth is that at all creative? I know this is a fan game and all but surely you must have a better idea for a story than this.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Garamonde, Ploaj, Star, Shade, recme
Are you the same member who started the thread here last time? That person was rather abrasive when it came to constructive criticism.

I'm glad there's more information on the project at this time but there still doesn't seem to be any actual content.

Do you have anything at all to show us? Screenshots? Sprites?
Thanked by:
(04-11-2012, 07:50 PM)Raz Wrote: Are you the same member who started the thread here last time? That person was rather abrasive when it came to constructive criticism.

There was another thread for this?

oh, I never noticed that until now.

herp derp shows how much I often I come here these days.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(04-11-2012, 08:27 PM)Captain Artebrock Wrote:
(04-11-2012, 07:50 PM)Raz Wrote: Are you the same member who started the thread here last time? That person was rather abrasive when it came to constructive criticism.

There was another thread for this?

http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=19732

Thanked by: Garamonde
Ah ha no. I work with him in Game Master. If you guys can hold on, we are working on the first demo. I'll post my sprites soon. We use sprites found by team member Poecollector and we also have some sprites drawn by Mztery. Meanwhile, tLW is in a partnership with Jon Bon, a spriter from the RMXP Unlimited Forums.

@Captain Artebock: Creating a story that can fit in with an old story is extremely hard work. Ocarina and I had to work on this story for 2 years until it came to what it is now.

So, just hold on until the demo release!

~Team Warrior Member - PCManiac
Game Master Elite Rank
Thanked by:
(04-18-2012, 07:20 AM)PCManiac Wrote: Ah ha no. I work with him in Game Master. If you guys can hold on, we are working on the first demo. I'll post my sprites soon. We use sprites found by team member Poecollector and we also have some sprites drawn by Mztery. Meanwhile, tLW is in a partnership with Jon Bon, a spriter from the RMXP Unlimited Forums.

@Captain Artebock: Creating a story that can fit in with an old story is extremely hard work. Ocarina and I had to work on this story for 2 years until it came to what it is now.

So, just hold on until the demo release!

~Team Warrior Member - PCManiac
Game Master Elite Rank

I understand that you want to wait until you have something awesome to show, I do, and I'm more than happy to wait. It's just difficult for us to provide any input on a game that we haven't seen anything about yet. I look forward to seeing something concrete, I assure you.

These forums are generally used for giving advice and critique work that's being developed by members of the community, I'm sure you understand that and can understand why we're itching to see some content. In the past people have used this as a board to blatantly advertise projects which they never complete and are unwilling to receive any critique even if it's genuinely meant to help the developer. I know that's not what you're doing but I'm sure you can see our dilema.

So yes. Please, anything you can show us would be incredible, even some minor stuff while we wait for the first demo,
Thanked by: Garamonde
(04-18-2012, 07:20 AM)PCManiac Wrote: @Captain Artebock: Creating a story that can fit in with an old story is extremely hard work. Ocarina and I had to work on this story for 2 years until it came to what it is now.

ummm no.

I fail to see how changing one aspect of a story, let alone adding a minor plot twist that hardly changes the story of Ocarina of Time where basically Link never got the Kokori sword, makes it a story that was "extremely hard work" that took "2 years". It's essentially the same story as OoT with a few minor differences which probably only took you two a day or two to work on.

If you want to make a story that is at least good. Then don't edit already existing stories. Try to use them as inspiration to make an original story then you can tell me that you worked hard on it.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Zadaben
We didn't edit "one little detail". The story bears no resemblance to the Ocarina of Time story except for the beginning. Every single detail was purely created by Team Warrior. The Lost Warrior is a parralel game to Ocarina of Time that explains the Child, Adult, and Decline Timelines in a way Hyrule Historia never did. When we finish the game, we will post the entire story of the Lost Warrior to the public. As of now, we are up to 65 pages of storyline.

By the way, Mad Scrub anyone? [Image: MadScrub.gif]
Thanked by:
Okay, if you say this story is "completely original" aside from that one detail like you say it is, lets have a look at it then and dissect every part of this plot.

Bear in mind, My statements are in bold and anything that is italicized in them is in fact sarcasm. If I am being harsh, you may have to just suck it up because it seems like you haven't even read a single criticism without thinking about it so now I'm just going to be straight out brutally honest.
Quote:Story:
The crack in the hole to the forest's sword is unnoticed by many...

A small child, by the name of Link is on a mission to collect a sword and a shield. A Kokiri boy tells him of a secret hole, known to many as the Hole of Z. oh yeah, this reminds me of the beginning of ocarina of time where I had to find a sheild and sword to get to the deku tree, how exciting... Link is about to enter, when he notices the crack. Being curious, he touches it...

The entire wall caves down. The sword is lost forever.
this is ironically the only different part of the story, a huge what if.

SEVEN YEARS PASS
oaky, so it still sounds like OoT except link has his balls drop earlier in the game.

Link, the Kokiri boy that grew up still lives in the forest. He is an outcast from the other children. oh look another part of the what if plot, Link is now giant and everyone except possibly Saria hates him for that.

The Deku Tree's Spirit guards the Kokiri, since he died in vain. Then, in the middle of the night, the Deku Spirit leads Link into Hyrule Field. Much has changed...Originality at it's finest right here yup indeed, this is the same thing as what happens once you pull out the master sword in OoT, except earlier.

The King of Theives, Ganondorf has taken over Hyrule. not taking any points off here since this happens nearly every Zelda game.

By stealing the three Spiritual Stones, he opened the Door of Time. There, the Master Sword waited. another part of a big WHAT IF.

Using the magic of the Gerudos, he extracted the sword's spirit, Fi, and pulled the now normal sword out of the pedestal. okay, if ganon is evil wouldn't Fi, who is supposedly the power within the master sword, been able to prevent ganondorf from using the magic if he was evil? That's kind of inconsistent with the idea of "the master sword can not be touched by evil hands" and that should at least imply magic would not work on it. Also a what if part but it's the only one that fails to make any sense.

The Sacred Realm corrupted at his touch. Implying this wasn't in OoT

The Triforce went to Ganondorf, Zelda, and the Triforce of Courage remained in the realm. No one was worthy enough.

Will you be worthy enough to save Hyrule and become the Hero of Time? The choice is yours...
Implying that Link, who is your person, will eventually get the triforce of courage. which also makes no sense because Link was born with the triforce of courage if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, bullshit this doesn't resemble anything in OoT. The only details that did change were the parts that would have been affected by "what if" part of the plot. And there's a ton of things here that that completely go against the Zelda Universe mythology here.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your claim that "this doesn't resemble any of the story in OoT" is a delusion. A lie that you try to believe is true. I have told you earlier, this isn't a story you and your friend came up with in two years all you did was just pull some "what if" thing into the plot of OoT to make it fresh right out of your ass. Try making an original story and then you can tell me you have in fact worked on it.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Zadaben
Fine, if you hate it, you hate it. We are too far in production to change the entire story for one person.

Two new screenshots from the prototype 0.2.5.3!

[Image: flockofcucco.PNG]

[Image: DekuSpirit.PNG]

Enjoy.
Thanked by:
the inconsistency in pixel resolution is horrid, and that Deku Tree should be much larger considering Link's size. Not to say that boss room feels really empty and bland.

I think that simply applying a filter in LttP sprites isn't a good idea, but I suppose you can't change them due to being too far in production.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
You know, as angry and rant-filled artebrock's post was, he's completely right.

The story is generic and barely changed from OoT at all (post something from those 65 pages if we're so wrong) and tbqh it sounds like you're throwing in a bunch of "custom character © me do not steal" type stuff.

Edit- In other words, this is the game dev equivalent of a recolor.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Another thing, OoT is very similar to ALttP except it's 3D and not everything is ruined in the Adult Link section. You are basically doing OoT, but 2D with ALttP sprites and everything is ruined. No offense, but stop wasting your time. This game was out on the SNES 21 years ago.
Thanked by:
(04-20-2012, 08:36 AM)PCManiac Wrote: Fine, if you hate it, you hate it. We are too far in production to change the entire story for one person.

First off, I never said I hated it. It's this thing called criticism that helps you. Hell it can even help professional game developers at times if they read things reviews or certain pre-release criticisms.

Which leads me into the next point, just because you two are "far into production" does not mean you can't make drastic changes into the game.

Now I don't know if you got this idea that I want you to change the game just for me out of frustration or if you are trying to rub it off. But lets make one thing clear, professional game developers always make changes, and you shouldn't be afraid to make changes even if you say "Oh we're far into development." (which is showing a sign of laziness anyways) because after all this is probably in the beta testing right? If that's the case it isn't too late to do so. We're telling you that your team should probably consider to at least changing the story because we already know the direction you happen to be taking this. Even if it's a fan game you can still aim for far more originality than what the current story is.

Now from the screenshots you have shown I am just going to agree with gors on this one.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Jamuk