Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[NDS] cbmdl / nsbmd on whatthehell-mode
Some people know I'm ripping betweenwhiles some Stuff Golden Sun DD / ONTSY, but there is some problem with Models.

Let's take some example.

Here is some raw Data of the Summon "Flora":
flora.cbmdl

No big Problem, decompressing with some Version of DSDecmp helped here:
The Result ~ flora.dat

When I look into it with WinHex, the File seems like some kind of BMD0 Data. I was able anyhow to cut this part out,
but the Polygons "going apesh*t" if I open it in the only one viewer Program for nsbmd I know:
[Image: Flora-NSBMD.png]
The File (maybe not correctly cutted from the DAT above): flora.nsbmd

How this should look like (Shot taken from some Video):
[Image: Flora-Videoshot.png]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seperately to this threedimensional accident I was able to rip the Textures with NSBTXExtractor from this file,
as you see here: floratex.7z
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What am I doing wrong? =0
Maybe everything.
Currently not ripping stuff. I'm not in mood for it, sorry.

Latest uploaded Rips on t?R:
You remember some not up? I don't.
Thanked by:
I've had the same thing happening with models from Pokemon Black/White:

I think that the newer BMD0 format that these games use is not fully understood yet, hence there being no way to open them in a non-corrupt manner. =(
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

You can also catch me on Discord: John2k4#5788
Thanked by:
The same thing happened when I viewed the Coraline models from the DS rom.
[Image: 33426ca52b.png]
Thanked by:
The file u cutted from the dat file is correct. Unfortunatley is not correctly supported by the viewer like other nsbmd format versions.
PS: I never see a nds model with so much bones like this. Actually there is a java tool wchich can view ur model better then nsbmd vewer ,but u can't ripp nothing from this. I could try something with desmume but i need a savestate of the game where u can play with this character or u can see it.
Thanked by: