Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
metroid prime hunters SSBB rigged trophies
i was planning on t-posing all the trophies and rigging them for use in animation/games/mods. 2 issues however:
1) what program do you suggest i use for rigging? i use 3ds max 2010
2) most of the textures included with the trophies (see models-resource.com) are either missing or wrong.

my questions:
1) can someone either retrieve the textures or show me where to get the necessary textures?
2) would anyone want to download the finished products, because i was planning on publishing them afterwards in the wii/custom section.

SCREENSHOTS

goddang the leg was complicated :/
EDIT: lower torso finished! just need to connect legs to pelvis...
EDIT: upper torso finished! added some FX.
[Image: sSPqa.jpg]
[Image: wixBe.jpg]
Thanked by:
nobody cares Very Sad
oh well
weavel t-pose done, need to rig it now. beginning work on kanden, since he is easiest to make materials for(because the textures are missing).
[Image: 5oYyV.jpg]
[Image: abzaq.jpg]
speaking of kanden, materials are finished. now to rotate everything to the right position.
[Image: Ykums.jpg]
Thanked by:
Are you sure there were others textures to begin with?
Maybe the "missing" ones are just plain colors and don't need an actual textures?
I'm pretty sure Perdian would have told the ripper he made a mistake since he rendered every models himself Tongue

I'm happy that you're gonna T-pose a couple of the trophies. Some of this game's models are great.
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by:
T-posed Trophies? Awesome! That is really cool!
Thanked by:
well, like i did with kanden, i guess i can make makeshift shader materials. unfortulately, this means that anyone without 3dsmax has to deal with solid colors and not amazing shaders Tongue but i think that spire's UVs may be flipped or inverted, i may need to check.

kanden is so much easier to t-pose than weavel. less worry about texture issues, less complicated parts, and everything is smooth! but his arms... FFFFFUUUUUUU
[Image: Woo51.jpg]
Thanked by:
aww sh!t son, look who grew a skeleton
[Image: hzWL4.jpg]
[Image: klu76.jpg]
compare to its stupid non-graphical trophy render Tongue
[Image: Weavel_Trophy.jpg]
Thanked by: Solink
That's pretty awesome. I love your renders too! :>
Are you only gonna T-Pose Metroid models?
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by: alexmach1
(04-03-2012, 06:54 PM)Solink Wrote: That's pretty awesome. I love your renders too! :>
Are you only gonna T-Pose Metroid models?

i might do requests when i have less stuff to do Tongue
V MAH NEW SIG V
Thanked by:
kanden has been finished Big Grin
[Image: dtVTb.jpg]
[Image: 4zCUn.jpg]
teh trophy, a lighter color for some reason
[Image: Kanden_Trophy.jpg]
Thanked by:
These look really nice, keep it up! Smile
Looking very nice so far! I really like the render for Weavel. Big Grin

As Solink said, the models use a good amount of material colors for things, which unfortunately means a lack of textures.

It's a shame that stuff like fancy shaders isn't supported by common model formats, but you can try and compensate for it. You could create environment probe images, like the ones used by the game, so that the model will at least look similar, even if it's not completely realistic.

Keep up the good work! Big Grin
Why does Kanden look so green/yellowish?
Thanked by:
(04-04-2012, 01:22 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: Why does Kanden look so green/yellowish?

reference Tongue
[Image: All_hunters.jpg]
although they look nice in a wii game, the trophies do bad at coloring them correctly, as weavel should be more saturated and kanden glows green all over.
Thanked by:
When are you gonna rig Trace? Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(04-05-2012, 08:39 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: When are you gonna rig Trace? Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

the problem with rigging trace is that all his parts are connected, despite having an exoskeleton. once rigged, his body would bend as if it was flesh and not chitin. and the polygon count is INSANE for a wii model O.o 42k!

however, i will certainly try and oh goddangit.
[Image: ujI7P.png]
Thanked by: