Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mightier
Hey guys, I thought I'd show you a game called Mightier, which is a unique 3D platformer made by Ratloop Inc. What you do is you actually DRAW on a top-down schematic of levels, which then creates platforms which you can use to complete those levels. This in itself is already a cool idea, but it's extended by the fact that you can actually print out the level to draw on, then it can be detected by your webcam for use in the game. Of course, you can draw using the screen too (which I was restricted to), but it's still an awesome game.

Despite this, the game isn't nearly as popular as I think it should be, so I thought to let this little corner of the internet know. It was made in 2009, so it's not really that new, but I'm sure some people will still find it an indie gem.
EDIT: Forgot to give a link Tongue

By the way, after looking around in the game's files (as I do with lots of games), I actually figured out that it's quite customisable, and made a total conversion of it. That is, I made a whole sequel-ish storyline, new levels, and even added a character that was unused in the original game.
So if the 15 original levels weren't enough for you, you can download Even Mightier*. I showed the original developers and they said they really liked it (they even gave me their level solutions!), so you can be sure that it's not garbage.

*See what I did there?
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Shade, Kitsu, Zadaben