Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Saddest videogame moments
I thought this would be an interesting idea for a thread. So yeah, post the saddest moments you've experienced in a video game.
I'm sure that numerous of these will be near the end of the game, and if that's so then be sure to put any comments/videos/pictures about it in a spoiler, with the name of the game you're talking about.

OBS: MAKE USE OF THE SPOILERS TO TALK ABOUT ENDGAME AND/OR OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF.

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Mutsukki
Every time I lose a unit in a Fire Emblem game, particularly one I liked, my heart breaks ;-;
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Rakia
(03-29-2012, 03:48 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I thought this would be an interesting idea for a thread. So yeah, post the saddest moments you've experienced in a video game.
I'm sure that numerous of these will be near the end of the game, and if that's so then be sure to put any comments/videos/pictures about it in a spoiler, with the name of the game you're talking about.

I can cry watching anime or reading manga, but no so much while playing games. The only time I can think of getting really emotional because of a game was on Disgaea (probably there are more, but I can't remember them now).

Thanked by: puggsoy, Gaia
(03-29-2012, 04:45 PM)Mutsukki Wrote:

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(03-29-2012, 05:51 PM)puggsoy Wrote:

Thanked by:
Neutral 
Spoilering back and forth at eachother: the thread.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
All of Halo Reach was pretty bad when it comes to depressing scenes.

[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
While I was never brought to tears by video games (though I do give pity at times), I felt pretty damn shameful when I had to fuse my Zuum to "save it" in Monster Rancher 2, or let it die naturally (though I was a kid when this happened). Although the most two obvious things I thought I will see is A: Areis' death, B: Geno's farewell or C: Shadow's past.

PROTIP: Save before the final night phase of a monster's lifespan, that's when you'll know they'll perish before the next daybreak. Freeze then fuse afterwards.

Though, Disgaea has some pretty dick moves throughout the series. Kinda felt bad for Adell in the second game when I instantly realized

That, and Prinny 2's Asagi Mode.
Thanked by:
Red Dead Redemption's story

especially where it gets to the end.

/thread
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Gwen, Lilly, Dazz, Bigfoot
Any of the ending Lidell Library scenes from Alice Madness returns.
Thanked by:
I edited the OP to add a small notification Wink
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy
every time my R4 decided to corrupt a save file and erase my data on Pokemon Platinum. or Dragon Quest IV

;_____________________________________;
Thanked by: Gwen, Vic, Crappy Blue Luigi
Sonic Rush's Ending, enough said.

On a more serious note, games or even anime, no matter how depressing, never get me emotional. But I will admit some parts of Twilight Princess's ending nearly choked me up, so I'd guess that would have to be the saddest ending I ever watched in a game at least, besides Red Dead Redemption's.

Meta Wrote:every time my R4 decided to corrupt a save file and erase my data on Pokemon Platinum. or Dragon Quest IV

;_____________________________________;

Funny, I had never had that problem with my R4, but DSOrganize sure loved to corrupt my all-too-important folders and files. Why did the most useful homebrew DS app ever have to be crippled with bad FAT drivers? D':
Thanked by:
Do you feel guilty now?
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth