Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Just an Idea
I have wanted to make a Vocaloid related game forever but I really didn't have any resources... So, I'm just going to make my own and I need some C+C since I haven't really practiced spriting in a while...
[Image: uaRFt.png]

and yes I'm a little overly obsessed with Vocaloid Tongue
Thanked by:
The legs seem odd compared to the rest of the body.
Maybe they're too big, under-detailed, perhaps the angle? Looks kind of wonky. The body looks cool though.

[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Ploaj
Also, if that's the head you're going with, waayyyyy to big, then again, I'm not a big chibi fan in the sense of huge heads.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-29-2012, 01:08 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: The legs seem odd compared to the rest of the body.
Maybe they're too big, under-detailed, perhaps the angle? Looks kind of wonky. The body looks cool though.

Its most probably the leg, position. I think i know what pose your aiming for, but i think you need to thin the legs a bit, and lower the sole of her foot a bit.
nice start though.
I was going for something like this I kinda thought the head looked a big but I didn't know how to make it much smaller without making it look weird.

Here's an edit
[Image: 8yUWh.png]
Thanked by: Gwen
Hmm... the feet look a little odd. A bit jaggy, I think. I personally liked the massive head, though I actually am a fan of chibi stuff, so I may be biased.
Nah, big heads are fine in some styles. I'm a big fan of them myself, but I can also understand if others don't like them since that's not how heads look IRL.
The legs are jaggy I agree, but what bothers me the most is how her dress looks pillow shaded. I'd try cutting down some colors and increasing the contrast.
From the looks of your shading, the light source appears to be coming from the top-right. While that direction doesn't look bad on your sprite (looks quite nice and interesting to me), you have to make sure that the rest of her body is shaded according to that. It doesn't look like her legs are shaded much yet.
And most importantly of course, keep trying! I'm working on a sprite at this very moment and I'm having trouble too, so don't feel bad.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
I'm going to try to make it simpler so the animations won't take so long.
Disregard the shading on the head right now I know it's not correct.
[Image: ckY2f.png]

Edit:
Now that I look at it I think it needs more contrast overall..
Thanked by:
there's little contrast between the tie and shirt, do something about it.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Thor, Ploaj
I'm not good with selecting colors..
Better?
[Image: ZdgyA.png]
Thanked by:
This is why I like the spriters resource. I'm actually starting to improve

The main reason I made this was to practice picking colors but I figured it would hurt to get C+C anyway
[Image: oviac.png]
Thanked by: Medevenx, Garamonde
look at the character there is a curved look to the hair but your sprite has the hair just dropping like a rock, along with that you should change the shading as it shows in your avatar, 1 heavy specular lit point at the top of the curve in the hair.
Thanked by: Ploaj, Garamonde
I actually try to avoid ports of refs but it does look better in this case Smile
[Image: APIKU.png]
well its not porting the character, just the hair seems a key point in the character and the hair curves, reference from a reference, its why its called a reference, you reference from it.
more curve, thickest part of the hair in terms of the proportions you have in place would be about in-line with the elbow, end of the hair would be fine about the height it is.
also adjust the shading, the light source is a little inconsistent between the hair on her head and the hair draping down.
I had realized the light source wasn't right but I was more focused on making it look right.
Better?
[Image: ZqtVO.png]
Thanked by: