Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Model: Yaridovich (v1.1)
I figured now is a good time as any, so here it is, my first fully-rigged custom character model: Brawl-styled Yaridovich!

[Image: yaridovichupdate.png]
Download: http://www.models-resource.com/custom_ed...sheet/3949
Updated 01/13/13 (v1.1)

Aside from the Env image I ripped from Brawl to help match the style, everything was made from scratch by me over the course of about six months. The textures were made using Macromedia Fireworks, and attempt to imitate the art style seen in Brawl. I even made alternate costumes!

Costumes, v1.0
Version 1.0 Render

1: Normal colors. This would serve as his Red Team costume.
2: Machine Made colors, with shinier shoulder pads!
3: Geno colors, with dimmed environment reflections to make him look like that fake wood stuff.
4: Terrapin colors, complete with missing eyes. This would be his Green Team costume.
5: Icy colors, because I needed a Blue Team costume.
6: GOLD

As for the model itself, it's in DAE format, schema v1.4.1, made entirely in Cinema 4D. The bone structure is loosely based off of the ones seen in Brawl, but more bones would have to be added if anyone wanted to actually put it in Brawl. (For example, no bones for held items.) As a way to test his rigging, I gave him IK and created this animation test. (Video editing done by DinnerSonic.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptOprtx5YPY

So, what do you think? Cute
It looks great!!! The video has some funny animations Tongue I would like LOVE to see this ported to Brawl

BTW I haven't heard about this guy, maybe some backstory?
Thanked by:
For those of you unfamiliar with Yaridovich, here is a video.
Thanked by:
awesome an Smrpg Character nice i grew up with this game Smile really well done love the detail on the model too ^^
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by:
Good lord, Peardian! That's amazing! *hopes for more*
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde
Amazing job! That's pure quality right there. Kudos.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
Awesome job! Big Grin
Thanked by:
Nicely created model you have there. Are you planning to do other SMRPG characters or just random game characters?
Thanked by:
He wouldn't need more bones. The way most model imports in brawl is by importing a standard characters bones and placing them into the model with 3ds max. I'm sure someone could manage to fit Ike's bones or something
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
Awesome! He was one of my favorite bosses, just for how much of a challenge he was (or maybe I just sucked at SMRPG)

His green Terrapin costume is pretty sweet. He's looking rather Viktor Von Doom, if you know what I mean!
Thanked by:
I have such a hardon for you right now. Holy shit, man. This is fantastic!

Obviously the next question is "Who next?!" because SMRPG deserves all the love it gets.

*coughJinx* *coughMallow*
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Garamonde
I saw this during WIP - I can say, you blew it out the water man. It looked good, never expected it to end up this good though!
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Ton
Peardian, you are a beautiful person. I just can't think of anything to say.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Ton
Seeing this blew my mind. I'd LOVE to use this in Garry's Mod, that would be fun recreating a bossfight there!
Thanked by: Garamonde, Ton
Thanks, everyone. I'm glad you all like it. Big Grin

Even though it took so long, it was really fun to do. I definitely think I'll do another one in the future. Super Mario RPG has a lot of great and under-loved characters to choose from, so it's very likely, though I'm still open to consider other games. Wink

@Gaia: Ooh, that would be awesome. Big Grin If only I could actually do that, I would. Maybe I should ask someone...
Thanked by: Ton, Garamonde