Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Xenoblade Chronicles Rips
****May include spoilers****

I hope this is the proper place to post this.

Anyways. I've managed to rip some character models from Xenoblade Chronicles with 3DRipperDX, and the models are skewed and untextured. After fixing and retexturing them, I still have one problem, that the hair used two textures, one an Alpha texture and the other a regular texture. I don't know how to tell Blender to use one texture to modify the other by making it transparent. If anyone has answers/suggestion as to how to fix this I suppose you should PM me.

But that's not necessarily why I'm posting. So far I've ripped:
Shulk (No equips)
Reyn (No equips)
Sharla (No equips)
Dunban (No equips)
Various textures (Menus, Font etc.)(But those will go on Texture Resource I guess)

So far I've retextured (Pictures and Links will come tomorrow), and I only need to fix the hair on:
Shulk (No equips)
Reyn (No equips)

Finally, I'm considering ripping armour/weapons, but as separate files from the characters. Unfortunately, due to the way the game is designed I doubt I'll be able to get maps, and my computer can't handle the battles, so no monsters either until I actually break open the game.
Thanked by:
Just so you know, the models in this game are in Brres format. The models are usually rigged and have correctly applied textures. Here's a tutorial that Might Jetters wrote for converting Brres to more common formats.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=19564
If you have any questions, I'll try to help. Genki ^_^

Also here's some information on the games compression.
Quote:Compression: Unique, None and ARC Container -- See QuickBMS scripts
Thanked by:
I've extracted the .iso, but the .brres are packed in .pkb files. I've found Falo's .pkb script, I just don't know how to get/use/run it.
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=39728

After this I don't think I'll have any problems.
Thanked by:
Give me a link for one of the .pkb files and I'll see if I can figure it out. Smile
Thanked by:
This isn't the character data, but its alot smaller.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g4zzt1e67zcrb7c

I suppose its map related.
Thanked by:
I'm trying to extract the model using QuickBMS. But I'm not able to extract anything from the file. It may be good if you give me a link to something else. There should be some .arc files somewhere if you could send me one of them.

Also you can try using U8Tools on the .arc files. You may get some files.
Thanked by:
[Image: 66mefH6C1-rmLFyKIhxP.jpg]

Seems to be working just fine...

You need to use the script on the pkb files.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Roxas358
I've never used QuickBMS before, so I must be doing something wrong then. Tongue

Thanked by:
That's based on my own copy of the game - it's the chr.pkb file.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
(03-22-2012, 11:30 AM)Dazz Wrote: That's based on my own copy of the game - it's the chr.pkb file.

Oh, well it may just be the file then.

@gammer10
Download QuickBMS and I'm not sure, but try putting the following code into a txt file.
Run QuickBMS and choose the txt file, then choose a pkb you are trying to extract. And finally save as something maybe chr.brres if the file name is originally chr.pkb. If it works, you should be able to open the model in Brres Viewer, which you can download from Mighty's Tutorial. Smile
Thanked by:
Actually it'll just ask for a location to save the files. Save them somewhere, and it'll dump a couple thousand files.
You can open all the files (including those not named .brres) with brres viewer. So even the kyp files, for example.

Then just check out Mighty Jetter's tutorial!
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by: Roxas358
Thanks guys! I'll try this right now.

EDIT: Okay, so I've got the .brres files extracted, but when I open them in BRRES Viewer, the file tree doesn't open in the Files window (the window is not even there), nor does the model; that is, nothing happens at all. I'm using the version in Mighty Jetter's tutorial.
EDIT2: I tried the version that Dazz used, I get axises, but no model/File window
Thanked by:
I'm not sure what's going on. Let me look at one of the files.
Thanked by:
It should open a bunch of stuff in the second window... But yeah, if you don't have that window, I don't know what to say...
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
(03-23-2012, 03:21 AM)Dazz Wrote: It should open a bunch of stuff in the second window... But yeah, if you don't have that window, I don't know what to say...

If the second window of BRRESViewer goes away, you can get it back by going to Display -> Display Full Path.

[Image: TMP000230.png]

[Image: TMP000231.png]
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

You can also catch me on Discord: John2k4#5788
Thanked by: