Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bouncy Cat Comic, the sequel
To promote Bouncy Cat Mao, I am continuing the Hazumu no Neko comic.
These pages are non-canon, as it takes place after the events of the first 35 pages, while BCM is a prequel of Bouncy Cat.
The original comic can be seen here: www.basegames.nl/neko
[Image: 8csJt.png]
Hadn't referenced the Zeppelin Area from the first game in the comics, so better late than never. Does it have a purpose in the story, or is it completely random? Find out later when page 37 is up.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Oh god thank you, Nick. I loved your original comic and this is perfect. Whens Bouncy Cat mao coming out (I haven't even downloaded the originall yet, but i might as well get both at the same time)?
Can't wait for the next one.
Thanked by:
It's already finished and in the Game Dev. forum. There's a link to YoYoGames, where it's hosted.

Thanked by: Shade
I'm confused. Did you make this game? Also, it doesn't link to an original comic I don't think.
I am raising some creatures. Help them grow before they die.
[Image: UHkBj.gif] [Image: QHWDL.gif] My Pokemonz! [Image: dragonpixel_727016.png] [Image: 64295733&trans=1.jpg]
Were we arguing? I'm sorry. -Fluttershy
Thanked by:
Yes, he did. On the website he linked to, go to downloads and click "comic."

I'm glad you're making another, I loved the original comic!
Thanked by:
[Image: zpEHp.png]
Well that ride was short lived. Upon landing, Catastrophe stands face to face with the resurrected Peridot Dragon. With Shinzo dead, who is responsible for reviving and controlling one of Shinzo's golems?

He made the game too? Woah. Ouch!
I am raising some creatures. Help them grow before they die.
[Image: UHkBj.gif] [Image: QHWDL.gif] My Pokemonz! [Image: dragonpixel_727016.png] [Image: 64295733&trans=1.jpg]
Were we arguing? I'm sorry. -Fluttershy
Thanked by:
[Image: 5WMIn.png]
The villian reveals himself to be... Bistro? Who would have thought that this Animy had such evil ambitions!

a rat.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
You made my day, nick.
(was he a boss or reffered to within the games?)
Thanked by:
Bistro is an enemy, or Animy, in Bouncy Cat Mao.
He first appears in the 2nd world where he hides in a garbage bin and throws cheese at you, similar to how Donkey Kong throws barrels in the arcade game.

Thanked by:
[Image: K9pvy.png]
It was an easy battle, if not, not even a battle at all. Don't take that for granted! There might be a catch...
For garbage bins full of cheese, I'd be a proud member of Bistro's Army of Awesome.

That is just so cool. I love the way you draw them.
Anyway, what connection is their between mao and neko and catastrophe.
And is Waru and Princess Princess going to appear later on?
Thanked by:
(03-27-2012, 11:37 AM)JoeButler Wrote: That is just so cool. I love the way you draw them.
Anyway, what connection is their between mao and neko and catastrophe.
And is Waru and Princess Princess going to appear later on?

I'm not going to spoil anything (plus I haven't drawn any pages past 40 yet).
In Bouncy Cat Mao, Catastrophe is the penultimate boss. Canonically, he is beaten by Mao and somehow that event turned him into a better person.
In the earlier comic, Catastrophe tests Neko to see if he would be the right person to draw the power from the 8 Trouble Tori without getting corrupted.
All in all, Catastrophe has a sort of friendship with both Neko and Mao, whom meet for the first time in page 36 canonically. The three also share a common enemy: Demonlord Shinzo/Yami Shinzo.

Thanked by:
Yeah i read your previous comics so i learnt about the neko-catastrophe relationship.
Thanks for such a quick reply to my question.
How do you have so much time to do all this?
I read the first lot of comics in one sitting, so i knew about the neko-catastrophe relationship. Mao was the one i'm interested in. Do you have any character biography style stuff, that explains to us(me) why these characters are enemies with each other. A kind of Bouncy Cat Character guide?
Thanked by:
Like it was noted when I made the Neko tFR sheet, I am a pretty fast worker. That opens quite some free time to make this comic.
The game was made during the christmas holidays mostly to keep me busy, and the final month of internship at Basegames. I had plenty of time then, because they got nothing for me to do (it was a learning company of school, so it wasn't a great deal).
I don't really have a character discription of Mao, since he's more of a Mario-type character. You could say he's a happy cat that enjoys life, but with a strong sense of justice that would give him the courage to fight even the scariest of demons. His relation to Neko is that he precedes him as a hero, hence his title 'Hero of the Past'. Also, Neko's former nemesis is Waru while Mao's is Waru's elder brother, Catastrophe.
I'd like to go deeper on this, but it could spoil a plot I had in mind for the comic.
Fact: 'Neko' is japanese for 'cat', while 'Mao' is chinese. This is why Neko says 'Nyan' (japanese for meow) and Mao says 'Miao' (chinese for meow).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: vg2WP.png]
I swear Angry Golden Neko vaporized his very being with the Double Nya-Ken. Is this the return of Demonlord Shinzo? Is Bistro involved? Was Peridot Dragon truly Catastrophe's, and what have become of the 8 Trouble Tori?
The answers to these questions might be revealed in page 41.

Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi