Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Finished][Playable] Bouncy Cat Mao
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/19623...cy-cat-mao
[Image: RaHJU.png]
[Image: 1VHmK.png]
[Image: c5Qck.png]
"The prequel to Bouncy Cat.

Play as the hero of the past, Mao, to restore harmony to the Light World. End the tyranny of Evil King Catastrophe and his father, Demonlord Shinzo.

Jump and bounce your way through armies of Animies and Crystal Golem bosses.

This is mouse only and is even playable with a pen tablet."
___

Yeah, I uploaded it on YoYoGames, because I had little hope of getting it somewhere. I had to cram it somewhere so I can put it in my portfolio; this is gold.

I hope you will try it out and enjoy it. It's not as expansive as Bouncy Cat (Neko), but it's fun.

There is no character select, though secrets are to be found. The levels are each selectable, so quitting mid-world doesn't mean you have to start over. Clicking the arrow button opens and closes the menu.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Your great at designing games Big Grin
Thanked by:
What happened to the pixel art?
But god this looks fun, and you said you made this on GameMaker.
My brother will cry when he sees this.Smile
Thank you so very much Nick
Thanked by:
(03-27-2012, 12:17 PM)JoeButler Wrote: What happened to the pixel art?
But god this looks fun, and you said you made this on GameMaker.
My brother will cry when he sees this.Smile
Thank you so very much Nick

Mark Overmars (Game Maker's maker) himself got to see the first Bouncy Cat in action. We hoped he would release the game under the YoYoGames label (not the community one), but rejected it because of the pixel art and the big levels.
Bouncy Cat Mao is made with his critique in mind, which ended up in a (rasterized) vector graphic game with screen-sized levels. I hoped this would spark Mark's interest, but hadn't heard from him since we last spoke at the Game in the City event in Amersfoort back in november.

Now that I'm no longer an intern at BaseGames (am in my exam period), there's no hope for me to get this to Mark, thus I laid my final hand on the game and slapped it on YoYoGames (this time the community one) purely for my portfolio. It's pure portfolio gold I do not want to waste.

You might consider yourself lucky for not having to pay for the game Tongue

Thanked by: Shade
Quote:rejected it because of the pixel art

that is a very stupid reason to be rejected

just my two cents
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: NICKtendo DS, recme
(03-28-2012, 10:23 AM)Gors Wrote:
Quote:rejected it because of the pixel art

that is a very stupid reason to be rejected

just my two cents

My thoughts exactly, but it had something to do with the Android market or whatever.

What's even more ironic is that Mark got pixel art and rasterized images confused! He was looking for pixel artists, so I thought 'Jackpot!'. He crushed my dream by claiming that rasterized vector art is pixel art.

I basically taught the maker of Game Maker, a program commonly used for pixel art games, what the difference is between pixel art and rasterized images!

Thanked by: recme