Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FanGame] Mega man X 0 (Development Name)
Smile 
[Image: megamanx0.png]

Hi guys! A friend and I are working in a Mega Man X project based on an open source prototype engine made by TonyJih (this in turn is based on BrosBM's one). It had many bugs and a lot of features were lost but day by day we've been working to fix glitches and add some features (heart tanks, energy tanks, power ups, enemies behaviors, pause menu, etc...). There's a long way yet to left the engine 100% (maybe less) accurate to the original SNES game (yep, we're doing this project based in the SNES style, both in sprites as engine behavior).

We want to do a prequel of the original Megaman X game and told about Zero origins, the beginning of the Maverick Hunters and the days where Sigma was the leader of the hunters. One of our biggest goals is to have a playable Sigma along with some brand new mavericks. In addition, we have developed the background plot of each one of those enemies so everyone has a reason to be in the game.

Nowadays, we're a bit stuck because we need spriters, specially to do a playable Sigma and neither me nor me friend have the skills to do a pixel-art sprites as this game demands (In spite of that, we already started to make a sprite sheet, so if one of you want to help us, you won't start from scratch). We have two musicians who compose the VGM of the game, using sound fonts from SNES games.

So, if someone is interested in this project all help will be well received (as spriter, level designer, or what you think it could be useful), and if one of you guys have a cool name for this project let us know Wink .

btw, here are some screenshots of the engine running. You can see some enemies working, the energy tanks and heart tanks Wink ~ the storm eagle boss came with the engine, so we're basing on it to do the other future mavericks Wink

[Image: screenshot108.png]
Shield reflecting shots.

[Image: screenshot110.png]
a Met, with some test stage props

[Image: screenshot113.png]
more mets, X with shadow-effect dash

[Image: screenshot115.png]
more enemies, the 8bit panda came with the engine

[Image: screenshot116.png]
more enemies...

[Image: screenshot119.png]
Demo boss fight

[Image: screenshot100.png]
a w.i.p. pause menu with the energy tanks working (they get fulfilled as long as you pick up life items)

Greetings!

PS: We will release a demo when we have completed the intro stage of the game for both characters.
Thanked by:
This looks pretty cool, shame I can't do anything to help. Megaman has always been a favorite of mine and love to see projects like these in development, and what better then to open-source it. Just a query- how exactly are you making the game? (language like C++ or a program such as Game Maker)
I used to be social.
But then I took an arrow to the knee.
Thanked by: Garamonde
We are using Game Maker Language. None of us have used Game Maker before, but the prototype-engine made by Tonyjih was programmed with that. I can program in Python and C, but we couldn't find a good engine for that. That's the reason because we say open source and not "free software", 'cause we use some privative software (Game Maker)
Thanked by:
Windows only, or do you have someone who can convert it to GameMaker for the Mac?
I used to be social.
But then I took an arrow to the knee.
Thanked by:
(03-18-2012, 04:56 AM)SimplyMatt Wrote: Windows only, or do you have someone who can convert it to GameMaker for the Mac?

At the moment is windows only, but the truth is we don't have a mac for trying the coompatibility of the game with this http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/mac
Thanked by: