Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[INDEV] Tale of Dreams
Smile 
I don't have any files yet for you to download, but I can explain a good amount.

Tale of Dreams is a My Little Pony fan-game that I'm going to be making. The main character is Fluffy Paint, my OC. She is a young filly who had a strange dream one night, where she was on a floating island. This is basically the games tutorial world, however the story also starts there, as at the end of the island there is a strange tunnel into the earth. At the end of said tunnel, a black pegasus stands, with no eyes. It tells Fluffy Paint that she needs to wake up, run, and find somewhere new to live, and it would only be the beginning. Then the black mare attacks, and Fluffy Paint wakes up.

From there, her house is set alight, along with the rest of her town, and she is forced to travel somewhere new after facing many problems and troubles. These I cannot tell you... Because of spoilers!

She ends up in Ponyville, and the rest I cannot reveal, for they again are... SPOILERS!

It will be mostly OC based, however the Mane 6 will probably have an appearance and such, as well as most likely Big Mac, Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle. It is a top-down RPG made in RPG Maker VX. I am not a good spriter so I probably will be using built in tilesets from the RTP, including house tilesets etc. Which I will probably edit.

To systems... Walking will be the arrow keys and holding shift will allow you to run. Battles will be action key activated (spacebar) when talking to NPCs, or else they will be random. Pokemon styled take turn battles ensue, however a little more... Fun/complicated. I am not the best programmer, so I have to use VX, but I'm sure this will be an interesting journey for me.

I haven't done much, but taking a small window shot for a smaller picture that won't lag your computer, I took a screenshot of the title page.

[Image: titlegi.png]

But it's late at night and I can't really focus on actually doing any programming or game building at the moment, and I have a bunch of tests tomorrow and the day after... Ugh... School.

Well, that's my idea.

___
Edits for 3/14/2012
Today, I've decided to think of some character design, possibly map out some stuff, and do a face set of Fluffy Paint.
I have finished the face set of Fluffy Paint (Main character.)
[Image: finalzg.png]
I am raising some creatures. Help them grow before they die.
[Image: UHkBj.gif] [Image: QHWDL.gif] My Pokemonz! [Image: dragonpixel_727016.png] [Image: 64295733&trans=1.jpg]
Were we arguing? I'm sorry. -Fluttershy
Thanked by:
There's nothing that would really catch anyone's interest except for a short explanation that really doesn't tell very much about the game you're making. Show some screenshots, sprites, music, something that would be interesting.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Garamonde, Ivyleaf1212
I can't quite yet, I haven't got that far.
Sorry, I'm new, should I change the label to [IDEA]?
[Image: UHkBj.gif] [Image: QHWDL.gif] My Pokemonz! [Image: dragonpixel_727016.png] [Image: 64295733&trans=1.jpg]
Thanked by:
Well if you're in the planning stages, you can probably call it in development. You'll have to give some concepts or such to prove your developing the game.

otherwise, it's an idea.

Thanked by: Ivyleaf1212
Okay, I'll edit up there as long as I know what you're saying. I think I do. Wait one minute...
There! I also have the title screen done.
Thanked by: Shade
The clashing font style. Get rid of it.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Ivyleaf1212, Gwen
(03-13-2012, 01:27 PM)ThePortalGuru Wrote: The clashing font style. Get rid of it.

Where am I supposed to get My Little Pony font?
Thanked by:
(03-13-2012, 02:59 PM)Ivyleaf1212 Wrote: Where am I supposed to get My Little Pony font?
From your hand.
That's what I did / would do.
Or try google, might be that someone out there made a full functional computer font out of it. I wouldn't count on that, though, as creating fonts is realy hard work.
Thanked by:
Try here.
(03-13-2012, 04:31 PM)Sengir Wrote: Try here.
Thanks! It's not exactly correct, but it's close enough!
Now let's see... I think I might have accidentally deleted the .psd file! Ouch!
DANG IT.
It'll be easy to remake though if I have to XD
Edit:
Remade, gonna put it up there. I made sure to save the psd file this time!
2nd Edit:
It's up there.
Thanked by:
Will this work better?
It looks like it. Wait one sec and I'll do that...
How do I install it?
Edit:
Okay, I did that font for now... I might keep it, I'm not sure :/
Thanked by:
Just out of curiosity, how will the battle system play out visually? Since as far as I know, I worked with 2003 and I can say I never really got far on my project, but since this is made with VX, you can make your own battlesystem.

Going with "Turn-based Pokemon style" doesn't really have that much "oomph" to it. For what I can imagine, having a random battle as an option to the more modern enemy encounter system really clashes here.

Once again, how will the battle system play out? Will it have some elements from the show? Also, the story description feels vague, but the "...SPOILERS!" seem to kinda hurt the plot, so that might need work too.
Thanked by:
Yeah, I will probably add more as I develop the story more. The storyline as of now, which I could give away, would give away too much.
Also, I am not the best programmer, so I would need help if I were to do that, or download a system with the internet. For now it will be that Pokemon kind of style. I will probably make it more visually appealing while fighting, but for now it won't be in real-time or seeing all enemies on screen before the fight (although bosses and more important fights will.)

Also, that is true, that it doesn't have much "oomph." I will try my best, but chances are at the moment there won't be real-time stuff. Unless I get better along the way, which I probably will.
Thanked by:
(03-13-2012, 08:10 PM)Ivyleaf1212 Wrote: Yeah, I will probably add more as I develop the story more. The storyline as of now, which I could give away, would give away too much.
Also, I am not the best programmer, so I would need help if I were to do that, or download a system with the internet. For now it will be that Pokemon kind of style. I will probably make it more visually appealing while fighting, but for now it won't be in real-time or seeing all enemies on screen before the fight (although bosses and more important fights will.)

Also, that is true, that it doesn't have much "oomph." I will try my best, but chances are at the moment there won't be real-time stuff. Unless I get better along the way, which I probably will.

Yikes, if you're not the best programer, a Pokemon battle style is the LAST thing you'd want to try.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Gaia