Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Official Pokemon Colosseum Project [Last update: 1/8/2014]
[Image: Pokémon_Colosseum_Logo.png]
[Image: 90.png]

Yes, I kinda copied this format from the official super smash bros brawl thread(sorry Mighty Jetters), but I feel this look makes it look official. Welcome to the Official Pokemon Colosseum submission thread! This is going to be a huge and long project that will hopefully be very in depth regarding the game. What I mean is practically everything will be ripped from the game. Unfortunately, this game will be harder to rip from unlike Super Smash Bros Brawl. The files in this game never had programs written to import the models, and if they did, they were never posted. Therefore, these models need to be ripped using a printscreen tool. Use whatever program you like.

Here is a tutorial I made about using printscreen tools to rip the models:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nvowamuo9u43efc

If you need any help, just ask. You'll find the community to be helpful.

Now, lets go over the rules of this thread.

The order of the rips will be pokemon first, trainers second, buildings and stages third, and items and attacks fourth. If I forgot anything, let me know and I'll add it. Evey user can claim up to 10 rips. Your submissions must be .OBJ with a .MTL and a .DAE. You cannot submit any more rips until the rips you claimed have been confirmed by one of the admins as passible. I'd personally prefer if users would fix all texture and object issues in order to do the game justice. In other words, I'm not a fan of tiling issues, where a pokemon has four eyes instead of two, then again I'm not an admin. The reason that we're doing pokemon first, is because most users want these models the most. I, or one of the admins will edit this post to confirm who has claimed the models they want to rip.

I'm going to post a list of pokemon from the game. The list will be updated with who has claimed and completed what. I won't post a list of trainers, buildings and stages, and items and attacks until the pokemon list is near completion in terms of rips. If you do not have any progress on your claims in FOUR MONTHS OF CLAIMING THEM, they will be opened back up to the community.

Here's a list of useful threads on this site:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=16811
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=16126

Here's a website with ar codes you can add into dolphin in order to rip all the pokemon:
http://www.supercheats.com/gamecube/poke...codes2.htm

And finally, here's a list of pokemon:

I recommend checking the above list for claim dates and status updates.

Good Luck!
I've got a lot of ripping things I'm working on right now, but I'll see if I an do a few Pokemon soon. Smile
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

You can also catch me on Discord: John2k4#5788
Thanked by: AllenSword
whats the easyest thing to rip from a pokemon game? the pokemon, the trainers, the effects, or the stages?
Thanked by:
it depends on which of them you're ripping and what you're ripping with.
Thanked by:
Alright, I'm going to try three tonight; Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venasaur.
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

Thanked by: AllenSword, Garamonde
I plan on helping with this once my plate of things to do clears up. But before it's too late, I'm gonna go ahead and claim three: Pichu, Gligar and Registeel.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
EDIT: NVM T-Posing
Well, I want to try this! Do they need to be T-Posed? Anyway I Claim Charizard as a test
3DVia was resulting in the "starburst" effect on all models except the large stage model, so I'll try a different program tonight.

Thanked by:
@thegameexplorer- if you rip with 3dvia, the models come out tposed. they don't have to be tposed, and tposing them yourself is nice, but be careful when doing it.

@john2k4- did you delete everything like the stage and see the pokemon in the center? the pokemon usually come out fine with this method, its the trainers that look bad. what version of dolphin r u running?
Thanked by: Garamonde
(03-09-2012, 05:37 PM)AllenSword Wrote: @john2k4- did you delete everything like the stage and see the pokemon in the center? the pokemon usually come out fine with this method, its the trainers that look bad. what version of dolphin r u running?
The newest version from the website (compiled around 20 hours ago).
I'll check for Pokemon among the jumbled trainers, then. Smile

Thanked by:
It's been a while, but I finally completed my first pokemon:
Thanked by: Garamonde, Roxas358
Very nicely done. I can't see anything wrong with the model. Big Grin
Thanked by: AllenSword, Garamonde
Actually I noticed that the eyes were too big. Thanks to Skorpion's tutorial, I fixed the eyes and they look perfect! LINK REMOVED (INVALID)
Thanked by:
Sorry it's been a while since an update. I've been really busy. Anyway, here's another model.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Curious question, I'm pretty sure that Quilava's fire animates, but what I don't remember is if it has transparency or such. How did you deal with the fire textures/UVs/whatever? Did that make it more difficult to do than others?

Also, I haven't forgot about this, I'm just trying to find a good time to get into it (get an ISO, fire up Dolphin and look into getting a 100% complete game save, read the guide, etc.).
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: