Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[IDEA/WiP] The Legend of Zelda: The Lost Warrior
[Image: Fullsize.png]

What would have happened if the Kokiri Sword was never found?
The Hero of Time would have never made it to the Great Deku Tree, and the story of Ocarina of Time would have never progressed. A few months later, Ganondorf easily takes over Hyrule.

After seven years, our hero accidently leaves Kokiri Forest forever. Going through the destroyed Hyrule Castle Town, he discovers the Temple of Time. Now, the Lost Warrior must fullfill his destiny and rediscover the three Spirtual Stones with the Kakariko Blade.

Then, after finally saving the Master Sword, he must located the Triforce of Courage and Wisdom before Ganondorf can take it. Can Link fullfill his rightful destiny as the Hero of Time, or will Hyrule forever fall into evil forces? The choice is yours...

[Image: Hyrule_%2528Ocarina_of_Time%2529.png]

Landmarks:

Ganon's Castle: The most evil place in Hyrule.
Undead City: Used to be Hyrule Castle Town. Full of Redeads and Stalfos.
Kakariko Fortress: The Shekiah are protecting their village from Ganondorf's evil powers.
Gerudo Ranch: The Gerudos breed the finest black stallions.
Zora's Volcano: Death Mountain previously
The Graveyard: Much larger due to Ganondorf's bloody reign.
Hyrule Field: Dark and gloomy
Kokiri Forest: Withered and full of evil plants.
Dead Deku Tree: Covered in burns when Ganondorf stole the Kokiri's Emerald.
Twilight Woods: The Lost Woods, worse...
Ganon's River: Zora's River is now Ganons
Ganon's Fountain: The water powers Ganondorf's evil factories.
Lake Hylia: Little more than a empty crater.
Gerudo Valley: Twinrova guards the valley.
Gerudo's Castle: Their fortress, much more evil.
Grand Desert: The wasteland is no longer. You may see Goron camps here
Desert Colossus: Houses the Ganondorf Temple.

Major Deaths in the Lost Warrior: (This game is going to be dark)

Kokiri Race: After you leave Kokiri Forest
Darunia: Starvation
Ruto: Digested by Jabu-Jabu
Impa: Killed while defending Zelda
King and Queen of Hyrule: Struck down by Ganondorf
Nabooru: Killed for being a traitor
Zelda: Ganondorf finishs her off. She gives Link her Triforce
Kakariko Villagers: Destroyed by Ganondorf
Ganondorf: Link kills him in the end. Zelda's spirit returns Link to the beginning of the game. Link carrys out the Ocarina of Time story.

Tribes:

Gorons - In campsites around Hyrule. Near extinction.
Zoras - King Wind Fish has brought the Zoras to evil.
Hylians - Hiding in Karkariko Fortress
Shekiah - Fighting Ganondorf's evil
Undead - In Undead City
Gerudos - Main race of Hyrule
Kokiri - Hiding in their houses in Kokiri Village
Twili - In the Twilight Woods.
Darknuts - Ganon's main fighters.

Dungeons:

Forest Temple (In Twilight): The north part of the Lost Woods is now owned by the Twili race.
Item: Fairy Bow
Boss: Dark Link
Reward: Twili's Emerald

Gerudo's Castle: The Gerudo's are the main race of Hyrule
Item: Gerudo Bomb Bag
Boss: Steel Knuckle
Reward: Gerudo's Ruby

Zora's Volcano: Ganondorf is testing the Zora King of Evil by moving the Zoras in the volcano.
Item: Boomerang
Boss: King Wind Fish
Reward: Zora's Sapphire

Hyrulian Dungeons: Below Undead City
Items: Ice Arrows, Lens of Truth
Boss: Ganonodorf 1st Time
Reward: Master Sword

Dead Deku Tree: Explorer the charred interior of the Deku Tree.
Item: Fire Arrows
Boss: Deku Spirit
Reward: Forest Medallion

Dodongo's Cavern: Bring the Gorons back home!
Item: Megaton Hammer
Boss: Emperor Dodongo
Reward: Fire Medallion

Ganon's Water Factory: The dark factories at Ganon's Fountain
Item: Longshot
Boss: Stalmaster
Reward: Water Medallion

Impa's Grave: The grave of Impa
Item: Hover Boots?
Boss: Acroskulltula
Reward: Shadow Medallion

Ganondorf Temple: Hidden in the Desert Colossus
Item: ???
Boss: Stone Defender
Reward: Spirit Medallion

Sacred Realm: The corrupted realm
Item: Light Arrows
Boss: Ganondorf 2nd Time
Reward: Light Medallion

Ganon's Castle 1st Time: Save Zelda!
Boss: Ganon 1st Time
Reward: Triforce of Wisdom

The Hole of Z: The place your destiny broke
Boss: Destiny
Reward: Triforce of Courage

Ganon's Castle Final Time: Finish Ganondorf off
Boss Ganondorf Final Time, Ganon Final Time
Reward: Triforce of Power

Wondering what many of the items will do? Play tLoz - Ocarina of Time

Sidequests:

Antiforce: Collect the three pieces to unlock many hidden rooms in dungeons!

Coming soon for Project Zelda Engine Update 4.

I need a few people to work on this project. (If anyone knows a good website to get people great with RMXP, tell me!)

Mapper - Must copy Ruined Hyrule Castle Town, Hyrule Field, Kokiri Forest, Kakariko Village and more from Ocarina of Time.

Spriter - I will need sprites in ALttP style.

Scripter - Need some puzzles for the game. No Zelda game is complete without puzzles!

Thanks To,

Frisky - For the amazing logo
Game Master Team - Great time to work on Pokémon Explorers! I wish I could use you guys. Warrior is a personal game. Not a full-blown Game Master game.
PZE Team - For their engine and hard work.

Game Master Productions 2010 - 2012
I've left the Spriter's Resource since the community here is terrible.
Thanked by:
I'll quote myself because it fits:

(03-01-2012, 08:37 AM)Gors Wrote: well then, (...) you won't get a lot of help in this forum, sadly. While it's not prohibited, recruit threads aren't what you're supposed to make in the gamedev section. It's more to showcase your work and eventually get help if people are interested.

making a huge project recruitment as your first post in tSR certainly won't help you getting any people interested on it, I think.

not to say you forgot how the game will play, technical things, actual progress screenshots (e.g gameplay shots, videos) and such.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
That's because I'm waiting for the next engine update for Project Zelda Engine. I can't start until that release. Plus, this is just one of my threads. If no one wants to help, that's okay. I have the entire team of Game Master behind me. I just wanted to allow some people to work on my next game. And this is not some small fanboy never-to-be-finished game. This is my 47th game in RMXP. I know what I'm doing.

UPDATE: The reason I just started an account on the Spriters Resource is because I'm not a spriter.
Thanked by:
then couldn't you just wait until they updated to make a thread here? Now you have a thread that won't have any content for a while, and that just clogs things up.

and I never said your game was never going to be finished; it's just that all you did was to put a logo, a map, a story, items and requests.

Where are the gameplay explanations? Gimmicks? What things do?
Thanked by:
The reason I put it up was to find a spriter. What if I wait until the engine comes out, and no one decides to help me? Then I'm screwed. If I put it up earlier, I can find people who will be willing to help me when the engine comes out, so I can start production earlier.

Most of my story ideas are private. I can't keep up with all my threads on different forums. If you want my ideas as the come out, please visit http://zeldaengine.net/thread-42.html. Sorry for linking to a forum, I can't go around it. Otherwise, just PM me. I have many ideas for this game.
Thanked by:
Nobody is going to help you though, because you have nothing to bring to the table except ideas, and the attitude that you might work with a premade engine... People really are not going to help you. I'm not saying this negatively, but more honestly. I wish you luck, but you'll really need luck to find someone competent who will help, and these days the world's luck has run out.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
I am the CEO of Game Master. I know how to run a game. I have experience in everything a game needs, except for spriting and scripting. The reason I am using a pre-made engine is because I don't have my old team anymore. I am the creator of 5 different engines. I just am not bothering with creating a new one because the PZE is good enough to my standards. If no one wants to join Game Master, which is a honor, then I'll find someone else.
Thanked by:
Listen, you're asking people to help you with seemingly nothing in return.
This is their free time you know? If you want people interested, more material is needed. Also, please don't be a jerk, no one will want to help you if you are.. :/
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Gors, Sengir, Garamonde
(03-06-2012, 01:01 PM)Ocarina of Time Wrote: I am the CEO of Game Master. I know how to run a game. I have experience in everything a game needs, except for spriting and scripting. The reason I am using a pre-made engine is because I don't have my old team anymore. I am the creator of 5 different engines. I just am not bothering with creating a new one because the PZE is good enough to my standards. If no one wants to join Game Master, which is a honor, then I'll find someone else.

Let's take a step back here! Don't feel like everyone is trying to get on top of you, we're just really trying to help you out. If you haven't got any assets for your current project other than your idea, that's fine; could you provide some evidence of your other work? That'll help show the potential collaborators here your current portfolio and make them rest easier knowing that they're not pouring energy into something that wouldn't come to fruition, which would be terrible for both parties.

Anything you can provide would be helpful in making your project more appealing to the community here, artwork, screenshots, snippets of code, youtube videos of your older games. It doesn't really matter if you don't have anything high quality at hand, it's more to show that you're able to follow through with a project.

If you've created engines before that is really cool! There's a lot of programmers here that could help you refactor them to work with your new concept rather than using RPGMaker?

I understand you're really proud of what you've achieved, and you should be! After all, working on games development is probably the hardest kind of software development you can work on, but without knowing anything about you or your previous work you must understand that nobody here will be able to consider working with your team an honour until you wow everybody with your current portfolio

I hope this helps you a little bit and that you get more developers for your game, I'm sure it'll turn out well. The community here are really talented in a wide range of game development areas so please don't just think that you'll find a spriter here, there's a good chance you'll find a scripter, a programmer, a sound engineer and many other people who can help you build your games assets.

Good luck!

(03-06-2012, 10:45 AM)Ocarina of Time Wrote: The reason I put it up was to find a spriter. What if I wait until the engine comes out, and no one decides to help me? Then I'm screwed. If I put it up earlier, I can find people who will be willing to help me when the engine comes out, so I can start production earlier.

Most of my story ideas are private. I can't keep up with all my threads on different forums. If you want my ideas as the come out, please visit http://zeldaengine.net/thread-42.html. Sorry for linking to a forum, I can't go around it. Otherwise, just PM me. I have many ideas for this game.

Look.
You have a problem with your ego.

You have a problem with your thread.

You have a problem with how you think help is received.

But, none of those goes toward how a game is made.

We could sit here and tell you about how a big of an ego or how many things you've shoved up your ass since posting, but none of it makes a difference to your game.

You could sit here and defend yourself whilst still shoving things up your ass to fuel your ego, but that also makes no difference to your game.

What does make a difference,

is how lazy you are.

You cannot just make a thread
to direct to another thread, ( 404 error on your link)
on another forum,
because you're too lazy to make a proper thread.

You can't just make a thread to tell people to "wait for content,"
because you don't understand that a spriter can be one of the last things you need,
but apparently, you're too lazy to just make and use programmer sprites while you wait to get the help.

You can't get all high and mighty with your talent when you use an engine you didn't make. You clearly say,
Quote:This is my 47th game in RMXP. I know what I'm doing.
Quote: I am the creator of 5 different engines.
Quote:I have experience in everything a game needs, except for spriting and scripting.
If after 47 games you have no experience with script - even in RMXP, which has scripting,
well,
what the fuck are you doing?

You also told Gors you're waiting for an update when he asked about gameplay.
You should be familiar with the engine as it already is out and can be used.
When the update is out, you could have just said "gameplay updated."

Your thread is a trainwreck.

It's just amazing how you got so many words into the first post only to lack all the information needed to make this a serious thread.

[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

I need to say this, I'm sorry if it's a bit spammish:

can Raz and Proton please just continue to do a good cop/bad cop routine every time one of these threads come up?
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

(03-06-2012, 01:01 PM)Ocarina of Time Wrote: I am the CEO of Game Master. I know how to run a game. I have experience in everything a game needs, except for spriting and scripting. The reason I am using a pre-made engine is because I don't have my old team anymore. I am the creator of 5 different engines. I just am not bothering with creating a new one because the PZE is good enough to my standards. If no one wants to join Game Master, which is a honor, then I'll find someone else.

I'm the CEO of The Spriters Resource. Hello.
I know how to run a game - I have experience in everything a game needs, including spriting. The reason I am asking your to provide more information is because you're using a pre-made engine, which is what everybody else does who makes a topic like this.
The fact that you no longer have a team is what is now even more concerning, because why would they up and leave you if you've had several successful projects in the past?

You can be the creator of 1000 engines, but they can just be various different engines of Pong. That isn't hard to do.

Nobody knows what Game Master is. It's a generic term, which you can't even google.

What I'm basically saying, is you might be the Jesus of gaming, but you've shown us nothing of interest besides a lot of talk. Please make some water turn into wine.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Garamonde
thus, I am ending this thread.

Please gather enough content before making a thread, jesus christ

Razedit: It should be noted, if you have some previous work you can show us please feel free to contact any member of the active administration team or myself and we'll reopen this thread for you.
Thanked by: