Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Howdy all
I am, quite simply, is Matt. [/abused, not so funny introductory line]

I found myself here a while back looking at some gameboy sprites to reference someone something, and was amazed at how big the library of sprites is here. I was just lurking again some time ago and saw aptgg (which is awesomely done, by the way) and thought I might as well make an account here... so heya all. I'm basically another kid with aspirations of game development, and spriting of course is one main aspect. Massive fan of retro gaming (or was, probably covered a wide range already), love pixel art, chiptunes blah blah. I've been lurking through the creativity section too, some of you guys are pretty damn good. Otherwise, I'm into whatever goes, be it indie gaming, anime/manga, music, books and recently visual novels (any Fate/Stay fans here?). Also into a bit of web development, including using web software. Happy to know that there are forums out there using MyBB, though I'm still keeping to SMF. Tongue

To wrap this 5-minute write-up I'll just say I'm *hopefully* going to do some pixelin' in the future, both artistically and musically. I'd love to do some sprite ripping as well, but then again I love to do a lot of things...

The Hermit Matt

- Oh, there's something I wanted to ask. I was looking at the rules and saw something about not being able to use explicit signatures or something and wanted to know if this (NSFW?) a no-no then? (It's a quote which I hardly think any of you guys will understand. The 'white stuff' is shampoo. I mean, it does come from an ecchi anime with a hell lotta fan-service, so I can understand, but heck I love it.)
Thanked by: Garamonde
Heya there! Welcome to the TSR Community!

- Hey that small text is hard to read! I personally would say that certein image would be okay, but Gors and other Staff might have a different opinion.
Thanked by: SimplyMatt
Howdy Matt, welcome to the Resource!
Another kid with game development hopes? Jeez, I used to think I was the only one Tongue

-Personally if I were a mod I would say no to that sig. As you said it seems to slightly violate the guidelines. But then again, take a look at Nyarlathotep's sig. Also, the rules said no excessive swearing, and I've seen quite a bit of it.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
(03-03-2012, 03:54 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Another kid with game development hopes? Jeez, I used to think I was the only one Tongue
Welcome to the newly founded club, brother.

Anywho, I won't test putting a potentially banable signature for now until their's staff approval. It's no point PMing because it's not that big of a deal, just something that I can reminisce about past times when I look at my posts.

Thanks for saying hi.
Thanked by:
Welcome to TSR, Matt (funny, that's my cousin's name too! Big Grin)! If I'm gonna be honest, that's not a sig. I would like to see all the time, so I'm gonna say no to it until someone else says otherwise. I'm glad to see you finally decided to join, and we hope to see some art from you. There are lots of pros here who offer invaluable advice so feel free to start a thread whenever!

I'm into ripping, spriting and drawing (though the latter much more rarely) as well, so I'd love to upload any rips of yours. Wink

Please enjoy your stay here!
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
(03-03-2012, 04:27 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Welcome to TSR, Matt (funny, that's my cousin's name too! Big Grin)! If I'm gonna be honest, that's not a sig.
Thanks for saying hi too, loving the avatar (it's making me nostalgic). Nice to know that there are also forums out there with their own forum for greeting newbies, and what more have staff actually caring.

Thinking about it... that really isn't a signature, just an obscure reference to an anime. I don't really have anything to show on forums so I usually do that, heh. It isn't going to be taking well from all, especially when I'm on a forum which for once is 'suitable' for all age ranges from what I've seen (I'm just a special case/perverted). Time to insert a quote!

Thanks for the welcome again. I probably won't post much, not really the forum-kind-of guy these days, though now I know where I can get some CC if I ever need it.
(03-03-2012, 04:39 PM)SimplyMatt Wrote: (I'm just a special case/perverted).
You should have seen what I posted the other day, heh. Got taken down immediately!
I know I should not be proud, but... Genki ^_^
Thanked by:
(03-03-2012, 04:55 PM)Previous Wrote:
(03-03-2012, 04:39 PM)SimplyMatt Wrote: (I'm just a special case/perverted).
You should have seen what I posted the other day, heh. Got taken down immediately!
I know I should not be proud, but... Genki ^_^
Oh...? I'd like to hear this, it's a matter of vital importance to know what has happened to a fellow special case/pervert.
I used to be social.
But then I took an arrow to the knee.
Thanked by:
(03-03-2012, 04:39 PM)SimplyMatt Wrote: Thinking about it... that really isn't a signature, just an obscure reference to an anime.

I think Jetters inserted the full stop accidentally. I think he meant not to say this:

(03-03-2012, 04:27 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: If I'm gonna be honest, that's not a sig.

...but this:

(03-03-2012, 04:27 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: If I'm gonna be honest, that's not a sig I would like to see all the time, so I'm gonna say no to it until someone else says otherwise.

Just makin' it clear Cute
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Hi! Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

On the subject of the period after "sig," that'd be an abbreviation so yes, a period is supposed to be there.
Thanked by: Garamonde, SimplyMatt
Korby nailed it. I always add periods after abbreviated words. Being a perfectionist and all that. Cute

On another note, you said "nostalgic", have you watched Bomberman Jetters too?! Big Grin

Also:

(03-03-2012, 05:30 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I think Jetters inserted the full stop accidentally. I think she meant not to say this:

Tongue
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: SimplyMatt, puggsoy
Welcome!

And I must say, Quote always makes a good avatar. Wink
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

You can also catch me on Discord: John2k4#5788
(03-03-2012, 07:01 PM)John2k4 Wrote: And I must say, Quote always makes a good avatar. Wink
Finally! Someone understands my avatar!

(03-03-2012, 06:38 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: On another note, you said "nostalgic", have you watched Bomberman Jetters too?! Big Grin
Gosh... a long time ago... I'm sure there was a re-airing on cartoon network sometime ago when I was still in primary school. I remember playing the games, of course, too.

I used to be social.
But then I took an arrow to the knee.
(03-03-2012, 06:38 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Korby nailed it. I always add periods after abbreviated words. Being a perfectionist and all that. Cute

[Image: Shame4.jpg]

(03-03-2012, 06:38 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
(03-03-2012, 05:30 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I think Jetters inserted the full stop accidentally. I think she meant not to say this:

Tongue

[Image: Self-face-punch-500x380.jpg]
Thanked by: SimplyMatt, Garamonde
(03-03-2012, 05:00 PM)SimplyMatt Wrote: Oh...? I'd like to hear this, it's a matter of vital importance to know what has happened to a fellow special case/pervert.
Nothing much, basically just what I had summarized in that one comic strip. The image got removed and that was it. It was a one-time scenario, after all. Following cases might receive punishment, though. I wouldn't tempt my luck. Nervous