Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
wat r u packin? [Computer Thread]
hay tSR bebe wat r u hiding under dat skirt?

Thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could all post our PC setup specs(maybe even pics), for build advice, bragging rights, e-penis length, etc. If this thread already exists I cant find it, so feel free to kill this with fire if needed.

This is the first computer I have ever built. I have always been relatively tech savvy, but never really dealt with hardware. Initially decided I was going to build a computer when I went out shopping for a new gaming laptop/desktop...and holy fuck. Either the graphics were okay and the ram sucked, or the processor was good, but no discrete graphics. The PC market is a fucking mess to say the least.

My current system:

CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
MOBO: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
PSU:Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W
HDVery Sad Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s Bare Drive
Ram: 16gigs 1333 DDR3 g.skill rip-jaw series (4x4gb)
CASE: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower
WIFI: Rosewill RNX-N300X PCI Wireless Adapter
OPTICAL: LITE-ON DVD Burner
DISPLAY: 32" 720p HDTV @ 1920x1080 and 1366x768

Built it last Friday. Everything went together smooth, it booted, but me being a newb PC builder installed the GPU drivers from disk rather than getting them from site. Just got done with a week long ordeal of the gpu crashing every time I went to play a game. Initially thought it was my PSU, so I ordered the 750w Antec HCG. Then I got to thinking about it last night, and realized I never updated my drivers. Easy newb mistake, the new psu was an un-needed purchase, but meh I can use that extra juice if I decide to slap another GPU in there.
[Image: rHRkdW5.gif]
Thanked by:
Wow, that's got quite some power under the hood.

I need to get the money together to finish my build soon, until then I'm just running my generic
HP G62 Laptop.
Thanked by:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 @ 1.86GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX470 (actually a GTX645, but it's unlocked to a 470)
MOBO: Intel D975XBX2
PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO650W
HDVery Sad C Drive 80 GB, E Drive 150 GB (Don't know or care what manufacturers.)
Ram: 3GB, don't know or care manufacturer.
CASE: MPC ClientPro 585B (I'm assuming that's the name of the case as well? I'm dumb and just realized that this was actually a business workstation-oriented prebuilt and not somebody's old battlestation)
WIFI: Netgear WG111v3 Wireless-G USB 2.0 Adapter
OPTICAL: Some DVD burner, don't remember the manufacturer. Probably Samsung.
DISPLAY: 24" Gateway LP2417 @ 1920x1200 (I REALLY need a second monitor but my desk is much too small.)

Might as well throw in mouse and keyboard while we're at it.

MOUSE: Generic HP laser mouse, model M-UAE96 (My good one died so I have to use this until I get a new one Sad)
KEYBOARVery Sad Logitech G15

I picked up this computer a couple years ago for 30 bucks and all I've done to it since then is put in a new DVD drive (the old one broke) and put in the GTX470 and PSU. Everything else is exactly the way it was when I got it.

I'm planning to put together a new i7-powered rig soon. I already have a brand new case, but I need components to go in it.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(02-26-2012, 10:38 PM)Britt Wrote: Wow, that's got quite some power under the hood.

I need to get the money together to finish my build soon, until then I'm just running my generic
HP G62 Laptop.

Didn't break the bank to build it either. The original build only cost me about $650.(not including, monitor, keyboard, etc) Although its totaling around $850 now after add-ons and upgrades.

(02-27-2012, 12:08 AM)Vipershark Wrote: CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 @ 1.86GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX470 (actually a GTX645, but it's unlocked to a 470)
MOBO: Intel D975XBX2
PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO650W
HDVery Sad C Drive 80 GB, E Drive 150 GB (Don't know or care what manufacturers.)
Ram: 3GB, don't know or care manufacturer.
CASE: MPC ClientPro 585B (I'm assuming that's the name of the case as well? I'm dumb and just realized that this was actually a business workstation-oriented prebuilt and not somebody's old battlestation)
WIFI: Netgear WG111v3 Wireless-G USB 2.0 Adapter

Nice man. I love your cable management, classic lol. I almost felt like doing the same thing, but instead spent like an hour snap tying cables down and running them under the mobo. And my new psu and wifi adapter come in tomorrow so I get to do it all over again.

I have the same USB adapter, my DL speed are shit on a 100mb line, so I ordered that Rosewill PCI adapter on my list.

I also plan on slapping an i7 in here. I'm waiting on Ivy Bridge to come out though so the price will drop, hell maybe I'll even pick up an Ivy Bridge myself.
Thanked by:
Yeah, my irl friend recommends waiting on Ivy Bridge before getting the i7. I don't want to wait, but at the same time, cheap i7. ahahah

He just built a 32-core server with something like 16gb of ram if i remember correctly. He uses it for folding@home and wants to turn it into a fileserver for his house.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor 3.11GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX470
MOBO: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - Republic of Gamers.
PSU: I can't remember, I think it has orange fans.
HDVery Sad C Drive 60GB SSD, D Drive 100mb (lol), E Drive 1tb
Ram: 8GB
CASE: MPC ClientPro 585B
NET: Ethernet (because it's faster than wifi.)
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
I'm actually not sure, ask Kosheh.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
I was gonna post in here bragging, but then I noticed the [Computer Thread] part. of the title.
Thanked by: Dazz, HandToeKnee, Gwen, SinX, Lilly, Viiper
Well off to work @ 5am.
My parts should be here when I get home at 1, I'll try to take pics.

(02-27-2012, 03:22 AM)Dazz Wrote: CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor 3.11GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX470
MOBO: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - Republic of Gamers.
PSU: I can't remember, I think it has orange fans.
HDVery Sad C Drive 60GB SSD, D Drive 100mb (lol), E Drive 1tb
Ram: 8GB
CASE: MPC ClientPro 585B
NET: Ethernet (because it's faster than wifi.)
Nice, Dazz. Long time no see btw.
I wish I could have an ethernet hooked up rather than this wifi bull shit, I need like 150ft of cable though to reach the modem haha. Jealous of the SSD, I need one for my OS, might just RAMDISK until I can get one. I was originally going to buy that processor, or the Phenom, but decided on the i3 to hold me over until Ivy Bridge.

(02-27-2012, 04:43 AM)Belial Wrote: I was gonna post in here bragging, but then I noticed the [Computer Thread] part. of the title.
Sorry, I had to make the title to misleading to draw people in.

Thanked by: Belial
I wish I opted for an intel processor, but I already had this one from my old computer... And I was on a budget really.
Also, that isn't my case, I just copy pasted VS... But I can't remember what mine is anyway...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
my computer is black in color, has two small speakers on each side of the screen, a nice wired mouse and wired keyboard, and a pretty big hardrive
@Dazz: They are beast processors imo. I was an AMD fanboy, until I actually learned stuff about computer hardware.

I'm gonna shank the UPS man. My stuff isn't here yet. What good is paying for 3 day shipping if it takes 5-6 days to get here.
Thanked by:
Uh, well, I normally use a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit PC with 3.something GHz dual-core (I think) processor, and 4GB RAM. I use my 500GB external HDD as my main storage since it's my dad's PC and not my own.

However it's recently been having some major problems so I'm currently using an old computer. Its specs are pretty much half of the above, although I still got the 500GB HDD.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Haha, compared to what you guys are packing, my desktop rig's specs would make you laugh! Not that I need it to do much more than what it does. It's not like I want to play Halo 2 Vista on it or run thirty instances of GIMP, so there's still no reason to upgrade it. =P Might add more RAM one of these days, though, it could use it!

CPU : Intel Celeron (D) 3.14GHZ (That's right, one core!)
GPU : Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4 (128MBs of VM on XP, 64MBs on Vista, WTF?)
RAM : DDR 512MBs (Windows can only detect 500 of that unfortunately. xD)
ETH : Intel PCI Ethernet Adapter (Can't remember the exact model.)
WiFi : No wireless card
HD1 : 100GB ATA Seagate Harddisk. (Can't recall the exact model number.)
HD2 : 32GB SATA Harddisk. (Salvaged from a dead HP Pavilion rig.)
OS : Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Did have Vista preinstalled on it, but I blew it up in favor of Linux. Stupid POS didn't do me much good on half a gig of RAM anyway.)

Now for my laptop's specs!

CPU : Intel Celeron Dual-core T3500 CPU, CPU1 = 2.10GHZ, CPU2 = 2.00GHZ
GPU : Intel Mobile Graphics 4 series (rev07, 1.2GB of Video Memory)
RAM : 3GB of internal system memory
WiFi : Realtek 8188CE internal wireless
HD : 300GB Hitachi HTS54323 internal harddisk
OSs : Windows 7 64-bit and Ubuntu 10.04LTS 32-bit (Wubi installation, 'cause the manufacture thought it be funny to fill up the partition table with useless recovery partitions. Makes me wish I had the Win7 install disk encase a dual-boot didn't work out. Unimpressed)

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, I know, but it's not like I could just buy a laptop with the specs I want these days. Jeez, why do all the latest lappys have to have semi-bleeding-edge specs or GTFO? >_<

SinX Wrote:I'm gonna shank the UPS man. My stuff isn't here yet. What good is paying for 3 day shipping if it takes 5-6 days to get here.
Was that in business days, by chance? My refurbished desktop PC arrived in five days, as advertised, but if I had ordered it on or before the weekend, the wait would have been even longer. xD
Thanked by:
Lol'd at how many people posted their wifi/ethernet adapters...I just copypasta'd mine from my partsinventory.txt that I made so I don't lose or forget shit.

(02-27-2012, 05:08 PM).Luke Wrote: Makes me wish I had the Win7 install disk encase a dual-boot didn't work out. Unimpressed)

SinX Wrote:I'm gonna shank the UPS man. My stuff isn't here yet. What good is paying for 3 day shipping if it takes 5-6 days to get here.
Was that in business days, by chance? My refurbished desktop PC arrived in five days, as advertised, but if I had ordered it on or before the weekend, the wait would have been even longer. xD
It was supposed to be here friday technically.

Ouch one core is kinda rough...does it have dual threading? Because my i3 is a dual core, but has quad threading(essentially making it a quad core).

And if you "own" the OS OEM Edition technically wouldn't it be legal to get your hands on an .iso file and make your own install disk?(I don't know for sure legality of it, just saying its an option)
Thanked by: