Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Korby's Sprite Topic - GSC-Esque Brendan
I cannot into hands.
[Image: brendan-1.png]

Thanked by: Garamonde
Always love to see Mega Man stuff! Is Gravity Beetle an edit or custom?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Custom, but I was staring at the X3 sprite while making it, so I'm not sure if that makes it an edit or not.
Thanked by:
its eyeballed trace, basically.
mm, glad to have some clarification on what is labeled as what.

[Image: firemanj.png]

Fire! I'm relatively happy with how the little plume came out, but the..."spinny-punchy" one didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, and probably wouldn't animate very well whatsoever.
Thanked by:
protip: when working on animations, use a software that allows you to see the animation as you develop it, rather than drawing frame by frame by eye. you'll find yourself having a bunch of frames that just do not conect well between each other leading to a sloppy sequence of unrelated elements. thats how animation has been done basically since always(old animators flipped each sheet of paper back and forst to be sure they kept the animation smoothly on each frame they drew)

Graphics Gale and Animation Shop 3 are two options that allow you to do so.
Thanked by: Jawnsunn, Garamonde
That...I'm pretty ashamed I didn't think of that. Thank you for the advice, I'll look into getting something such as that.
Thanked by:
[Image: drbane-2.png]
so I made a little doctor guy for an idea that'll probably never get off the ground, but I'm not sure about a lot of things about it, such as that left arm.
Thanked by:
is that a claw?
Thanked by:
About as much of a claw as Megaman's hand in his firing pose, but no, it's not supposed to be a claw.
I'll mess around with it.
Thanked by:
He looks alot like Colonel Sanders
Not sure if that's necessarily a bad thing.
[Image: drbane-4.png]
Messed with the hand. First variation keeps fingers but he obviously appears to only have three, second makes it into lazy fist of laziness.
Thanked by:
[Image: duofish-1.png]
So I'm making a fist HUD based on Duo's hand.
The only one I made being in the red box, with the others there for reference.
Ref for the hand:
[Image: duo.png]
The main things bugging me about the sprite are the orange rim and the general shape of the blue part.
Judging by your reference, both the blue (grey) and orange parts are perfect cylinders which is absolutely not present in your version where you went for an egg shape. Forthermore, the hand itself should be more blocky. I also get the feeling that the hand is angled a tad too far to the left.
Thanked by: Goemar, Garamonde, Korby, Kami
not to mention duo's fist are larger than megaman's.
Thanked by: Kami, Garamonde