Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
thegameexplorer's Rip Palace
Hello guys, I decided to make a thread where I post my future rips in because its a bit easier in the administration.

Anyway here are mah mighty rips

LOG:
Sonic Unleashed Model Fixed!
Twilight Princess Models fixed + Bosses
Rayman 3 models added!
More TP models added + SA2B
Goalring fixed
Rayman Models fixed.
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life + Spyro: A Hero's Tail models added!

Who is that last TP character? You don't have an icon for him.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Its Colin, Something made his icon not to upload. Will fix this when i'm my own computer. EDIT: Anyway what do you think of the unleashed model?
(02-25-2012, 10:35 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Who is that last TP character? You don't have an icon for him.

Thanked by:
It looks nice to me. Smile
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
You know when it's perfect? When it's rigged but I cant do that sadly. The biggest problem is the weights. You know someone who can?
(02-25-2012, 01:42 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: It looks nice to me. Smile

Thanked by:
I don't know about you
but I'm going to have fun modifiind Ordona into a Celestial Brush God.
Thanked by:
Nice dude, np about modifying them but I would like if you gave me some credit for it. Not saying you have to but I would really apreciate that and remember that you can just ask me anything. I'm not really biting you or something. Anyway I like people using my models because that's where I post them for ya know. Anyway nice of you to say that your doing something something with my models. I don't like it if people claim that they ripped the model if it is mine ya know. Good luck dude!!
(02-26-2012, 02:26 AM)valforwing Wrote: I don't know about you
but I'm going to have fun modifiind Ordona into a Celestial Brush God.

Thanked by:
I looked over the submissions, and overall, they're great. I'm very glad we're finally getting fully-rigged Twilight Princess models. However, there are a few changes that need to be made.

First off, you can't have those BMDs in there. They can only be viewed with special tools, and even then, they only contain everything that is already in the submission.

The next issue is organization. The file structure between the different TP submissions changes quite a bit, with different folder names and folders in folders, which is a bit confusing. I can tell it's even confusing you somewhat, as I've noticed a few typos in DAE paths, such as looking for a "Textures" folder when it's called "images" instead. You even left a random .MAX file in there. The best thing to do is to structure them all like your Fado submission, where all of the images are in the same directory as the model. Make sure to alter each of the DAE/MTL paths to reflect this change.

On the subject of consistency, I noticed you included .OBJ files with only some of the submissions, but not all of them. Even if OBJ can't hold bone data, I'm sure the users who can't open DAE files would appreciate having the alternative for each of them.

The only submission-specific issue is with Mayor Bo (which was typo'd as Major Bo). Namely, you have two sets of everything. If you compare the two models, you'll see that the only difference between them is that one uses bou_eye.6 as the default eye texture instead of bou_eye.1.

As for the Unleashed models, pretty good job. You did a nice job of aligning the models to the axis. I do recommend also putting the textures in the main directory, like with Fado.
Thanked by: John2k4
EDIT: the bmd files are actually requested like the bress files. That is why I left them in.
I need to admit that those rips are quite messy and thats mainly because something went wrong with the tools but was later fixed but I didn't fix the older ones. I'm glad you like the unleashed model though. It took me a thick three hours to fix the vertexes. I will clean the models up and reupload them.
(02-26-2012, 01:23 PM)Peardian Wrote: I looked over the submissions, and overall, they're great. I'm very glad we're finally getting fully-rigged Twilight Princess models. However, there are a few changes that need to be made.

First off, you can't have those BMDs in there. They can only be viewed with special tools, and even then, they only contain everything that is already in the submission.

The next issue is organization. The file structure between the different TP submissions changes quite a bit, with different folder names and folders in folders, which is a bit confusing. I can tell it's even confusing you somewhat, as I've noticed a few typos in DAE paths, such as looking for a "Textures" folder when it's called "images" instead. You even left a random .MAX file in there. The best thing to do is to structure them all like your Fado submission, where all of the images are in the same directory as the model. Make sure to alter each of the DAE/MTL paths to reflect this change.

On the subject of consistency, I noticed you included .OBJ files with only some of the submissions, but not all of them. Even if OBJ can't hold bone data, I'm sure the users who can't open DAE files would appreciate having the alternative for each of them.

The only submission-specific issue is with Mayor Bo (which was typo'd as Major Bo). Namely, you have two sets of everything. If you compare the two models, you'll see that the only difference between them is that one uses bou_eye.6 as the default eye texture instead of bou_eye.1.

As for the Unleashed models, pretty good job. You did a nice job of aligning the models to the axis. I do recommend also putting the textures in the main directory, like with Fado.

Thanked by:
(02-26-2012, 01:49 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: EDIT: the bmd files are actually requested like the bress files. That is why I left them in.
You're welcome to send the BMD files separately to the person who asked for it, but not in the submission.
Thanked by: Garamonde
I actually T-Posed it myself, thats why it needed extra reviewing
(02-26-2012, 01:23 PM)Peardian Wrote: As for the Unleashed models, pretty good job. You did a nice job of aligning the models to the axis. I do recommend also putting the textures in the main directory, like with Fado.

Thanked by:
Oh, you should have said so in the first place. I was wondering why the thumbs were weird. In that case, would you mind leaving Sonic's hands in the pose you got them in? Or at least his thumbs.
Thanked by:
(02-25-2012, 01:47 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: You know when it's perfect? When it's rigged but I cant do that sadly. The biggest problem is the weights. You know someone who can?
(02-25-2012, 01:42 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: It looks nice to me. Smile

i can try weight rigging
But im a bit busy making metroid sprites (Other M styled) wich you will probly be seeing on the site in a while) Wink
Thanked by:
What is wrong with them? I cant see anything weird...
(02-26-2012, 04:23 PM)Peardian Wrote: Oh, you should have said so in the first place. I was wondering why the thumbs were weird. In that case, would you mind leaving Sonic's hands in the pose you got them in? Or at least his thumbs.

Thanked by:
Look at the polygons where his thumb connects to his hand. There's a spot where all the vertices are twisted around, which is definitely undesirable. It's better to have something properly posed than a distorted t-pose. When hands are t-posed, the thumb is usually left at some kind of angle, as that is how it wants to be naturally. Just look at the Colors and Generations models of Sonic and see how his thumbs are there.
Thanked by: Garamonde