Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Homeworld Resource
Homeworld's probably one of my favorite PC games of all time, and after hunting down tools that could tinker with its archives & files, I've been working nonstop for the past week to get them all converted for use here! Smile

There are five models per ship - each a lower poly & detail then the other. As you got further away from ships on game, the lower poly ships would be drawn to save resources. For the previews and icons, I use the highest quality model [lod0].

[Image: Homeworld_%28video_game%29_box_art.jpg]

To-Do:
Homeworld Cataclysm
Homeworld 2

Complete:
Homeworld

TL;DR there's spaceships here. Wink

Homeworld

[Image: Homeworld-GameIcon.png]
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

You can also catch me on Discord: John2k4#5788
Wow, you always find ways to surprise us, don't you? Big Grin

These look amazing! Too bad you can only get them as .OBJ. :<
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: John2k4
Granted they are giant hunks of metal; the only one with moving parts is the Multigun Corvette, I believe. Wink

The gun components (Assault Frigate) are separate polygons that don't even use a skeleton.

I hope to get the entire Kushan race up tonight; depends on how many other things I need to do. :/
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

Thanked by: Garamonde
35 Kushan ships; so those will take a bit longer. =P

For now, an update to the other ships!

Bentusi

Junkyard

Other

Thanked by: Garamonde, Shade, Perseus
Space ships? Awesome! Heart

The models themselves are great, but I don't think I can accept BMP textures. Would you mind converting them all to PNG? I wish I could accept them as they are now, because there's a whole lot of textures you need to go through, and I really want to see these on the site.

Also, be sure to go through each of the MTL files and replace ".bmp" with ".png" so the converted textures work.

I really look forward to being able to accept these. Big Grin
Thanked by: Garamonde, Perseus
Oh, they need to be converted?

I read in the guidelines that BMP would work as long as they were compressed well, and the original texture did not have transparency (which they don't).
I was hoping to use BMP because the program I use can only export textures as either TGA or BMP, and converting them to PNG with GIMP & fixing the MTL files could take me a long time. =P

Thanked by:
You're right, it does say that! Never knew that. Also, turns out the BMPs compress better than PNGs would. So yeah, these are perfect!

Also, wow, I have never seen a BMP with alpha before. Surprise
Thanked by: Garamonde, John2k4
Good to know these will still work; Thanks Peardian! Big Grin

The Kushan fleet has been dispatched & is on their way; expected to arrive sometime tonight. Wink

I think I'll wait until you post the remaining two groups, as it's much more fun to upload it all at once. Big Grin

By the way, is there any sort of ordering for these different factions? I mean, I figure Derelicts are random space junk, and I think I know what the Aged/Abandoned Kushan ships are for, but what about everyone else? Is there one particular one you play as, or do you play as them all, or what?
Thanked by: Garamonde, John2k4
I played this game through not too long ago, so I remember most of these; here's my short synopsis of it:

Kushan/Taiidan - You can choose either race when you start the game. The one you don't choose is your enemy. These are the only two you can play as.

Derelicts are trash/destroyed ships that you encounter in some places.

The [Turanic] Raiders are the "pirates", so to speak - they show up and cause you trouble every now and then.

Kadeshi (and to a lesser extent, Junkyard) are from an entire mission & galaxy, and are separate races that you must battle at different times.

Bentusi you meet partway through the game; they are ancient galactic roamers/traders.

Galactic Counsel shows up at the very end for cutscenes and such.

"Other" are some key-objective ships & objects (ghost ship recon mission, prison ship, etc.). The scaffold is what is initially containing the Mothership at the start of the game. It's horizontally oriented for Taiidan, and vertically oriented for Kushan.

--

Since you're uploading these all at once, I'll see if I can put a ton of time into these today and have all 70-ish remaining uploaded before the end of the night. Smile

Edit: There's more than 70 here...might take until Saturday. :p

That's exactly the kind of info I was hoping for. Should be no trouble in ordering them now.

Though, is the Megaship the only thing related to the Galactic Counsel? Or are there still more models to get? If it is the only one, I might stick it in the "Other" category. No sense in having an entire section for one model.

Edit: Quick note, the Kadeshi Swarmer lod0 model is missing the texture "toprear".
Thanked by: John2k4
(02-25-2012, 12:12 AM)Peardian Wrote: Though, is the Megaship the only thing related to the Galactic Counsel? Or are there still more models to get?

Edit: Quick note, the Kadeshi Swarmer lod0 model is missing the texture "toprear".

Technically the Bentusi are a part of the Galactic Counsel, but I'd say stick it in other. Smile

Halfway through Kushan - might do a semi-all-nighter to get them finished, and do Taiidan early tomorrow.

--

Fixed the Kadeshi Swarmer model. They [Homeworld] like to re-use textures from other ships (in other folders), which doesn't work so well for the 3D program. I have to hunt down the missing ones and copy them in. Wink
Kadeshi Swarmer [OBJ]

I had to do landscaping for a good part of today, but I've now got all Kushan models! Smile

Other

Kushan

Oh my, so many wonderful ships! Big Grin

Can't wait to see this completed. Cute
Thanked by: John2k4, Garamonde
The rest of the models! Big Grin

Taiidan

Note: Cryo Tray and Target drone use the same models as Kushan, so I did not duplicate them. Wink

Thanked by: Shade, Garamonde