Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Starbound
Intrigue. Intrigue abound.

Looks like Terraria's artist has teamed up with some programmers to work on a really interesting-looking project. Part Spore, part Terraria, part Metroid, Starbound is a procedurally generated planet exploration game. There's a ton more info about it in the "about" section of the game's site (link above), and it actually looks insanely interesting.

[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: Gwen, Shade, Solink
Oh, yeah, I saw some teasers for this.

I'd like to check it out
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Character sprites look pretty awful but it might be interesting.
Thanked by:
Still think his line art is too sloppy in many places. :<
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
It's amazing how, in an age of realistic graphics and high definition explosions, professional developers are still making (trying to make, even) games that look like they were made for the GBC. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I somehow feel like they're trying to take advantage of people's nostalgia and/or love for retro games.

That being said, this looks like a cool concept.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: SKELTON S. SKELETON
Why is that amazing? There's an entire audience that really hates the push for ultra realism.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Baegal
I dunno. Maybe amazing isn't the right word, but "unexpected" fits a bit better. It's just that, generally, people seem to like new and exciting stuff, and a lot of people also find that stuff "better". That's why the 3DS exists.

Don't get me wrong: I like pixel art. There's just a part of my brain that, for some inexplicable reason, doesn't like it's all-too-popular comeback.

That's the problem with being a teenager: there's all this stuff in your head that you don't get, but you express it anyway, then have no reasoning to back it up.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
those sprites are really ugly. at least they're using custom graphics this time rather than FF4 sprite rips.
Thanked by: Sol, Vic, Kitsu, Iceman404, Solink, Dazz
It looks like Terraria with larger character sprites.
Thanked by: Iceman404
The amount of loot mixed with all of the crafting they have planned should make for an amazing time.
[Image: Rrr4r.jpg]
Thanked by: Gwen
Oh boy.

Another platformer.

Can't fucking wait for another one.

It's been too long.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by: Dazz
Hey now, I'm working on a platformer >:I
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Viiper, Proton
(03-01-2012, 11:05 PM)Radular Bastard Wrote: Hey now, I'm working on a platformer >:I

Point me in the direction of it please!
Thanked by:
I'm going to post my midterm project tomorrow, since it's due :B
And then I'm working on something else that I shall keep you all updated on Big Grin

So has anymore info about this game been released, or doe the given link self update as I guess it does??
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Viiper
I'm not sure how often the page is updated.

but http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/ is pretty good at keeping you updated with ease.
Thanked by: Gwen