Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Better hosting site than imageshack
www.imageshack.us Wrote:You have 10362 photos stored. Since you're over the 500 photo limit you'll need to upgrade to a Premium account or you'll only be able to keep 500 of your recent photos. Older photos will expire on the 1st of March.
Telling me that after 7 years, haha. No, seriously: Fuck you, imageshack.

Are there alternatives? I would like to have a hosting site with an option for multiple picture uploads. It should also keep the images and not throw them away after x days.

Btw, I don't want to use min.us for that job, since it creatures these annoying galleries.

[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
I've been using Photobucket since 2007, and never had a problem with them.
If you get a free account there, just change the settings to cap photos at 1MB, instead of resizing resolutions over 1200.
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

You can also catch me on Discord: John2k4#5788
Thanked by:
Minus.com is also a good option!
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
He said he didn't want min.us. I actually like the separate galleries, but... eh.

Also PB isn't perfect because it will re-size images that are too large even with the 1MB option on. Imgur does this as well.

There's also a short list of 7 of the "best" hosting sites here.

Free Image Hosting seems alright, 3,000KB upload limit, though I can't get the image links to load for me. Maybe it'll work for you. You may also be able to find something good by typing "image hosters" or "image hosting site" in Google. Hope that helps!
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Of course I could use google, but I'm sure people around here have a personal favorite and I'm interested to hear their reason for hoster xy.

Tinypic and Photobucket seem to be quick when it comes to throw pictures from their servers. Also don't like PB's auto-shrinking.
flickr seems to be nice, any experiences with this site?
Thanked by:
I've also experienced TinyPic shrinking images too large.
Thanked by:
(02-09-2012, 03:22 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: He said he didn't want min.us. I actually like the separate galleries, but... eh.
I need to pay more attention! X(
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
The only time I've had Photobucket resize one of my sheets was for a 4MB backgrounds rip.
Even with the 1MB limit on, I've uploaded sheets around 3000x1000 without resizing issues...
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

Thanked by:
(02-09-2012, 06:06 PM)John2k4 Wrote: The only time I've had Photobucket resize one of my sheets was for a 4MB backgrounds rip.
Even with the 1MB limit on, I've uploaded sheets around 3000x1000 without resizing issues...

Then PB must not like me because I tried uploading huge sheets but they end up like this.
Thanked by:
(02-09-2012, 06:17 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Then PB must not like me because I tried uploading huge sheets but they end up like this.
A broken link? Either way, check the file size of the image before uploading it. If it's less than 1MB and it gets shrunken down, check the uploading options.
Thanked by:
It works for me... here: http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507...ctures.png

Here is imgur's (keeps the size but JPG's it): http://i.imgur.com/WBI9E.jpg

And here's the original: http://i.minus.com/iSNgJTZ1OSzXn.png

It's 1.2MB which is larger than the 1MB limit that I have set. If you have a Pro account then sure, 2MB is good for most things, but seeing how most people such as myself don't have Pro, their big sheets get shrunk.
Thanked by:
Currently using imgur and it's very annoying that I can't see which link leads to which picture. The link descriptions are not like battlebgs2o8u.png, they are more like HZUFD676.png. Min.us suffers from the same problem.

Thanked by:
Imgur works fine for me.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
(02-10-2012, 09:00 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: Currently using imgur and it's very annoying that I can't see which link leads to which picture. The link descriptions are not like battlebgs2o8u.png, they are more like HZUFD676.png. Min.us suffers from the same problem.

That's one of the larger reasons I've stuck with Photobucket for a few years. :p

Thanked by:
Imgur.com
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: