Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Translations for Japanese Game?
Is anyone any good at translating SNES era RPG text? I've gone as far as I possibly can in this game so far and now I'm at this point where there's all these places that seem like they'd serve as the next places to go, but every time I try to enter one I get a string of dialogue between my party members and I have NO idea why I can't enter. For example:

[Image: xYHQC.png] [Image: ZFYxq.png] [Image: lzxU8.png]

I REALLY want to progress, and if I could get the SLIGHTEST hint about what I might be able to do it would make it really worthwhile. I've already gotten this much of the enemies of this game captured, and I really want to keep going.

[Image: y7I5E.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde
what game is it? Sick
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(02-04-2012, 01:14 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [Image: xYHQC.png] [Image: ZFYxq.png] [Image: lzxU8.png]

1-So this means this 'Kipros' Castle is also owned by 'Bydoo'

2-We should come back here after we collect the mystical eight spheres.

3-I know

Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
FFFFF, damn spheres.

Gors, after I get back from work would you be willing to translate a few more dialogues like this? There's like 5 or 6 more. =X

Also Dazz, the game is called Burai - Hachigyoku No Yuushi Densetsu, which I also don't know what that means. I also don't remember how I found it, but once I found out that the game is actually pretty easy I've just been breezing through it. I almost broke my monitor though when I realized the next part I had to progress through required me to ask questions to EVERY character in this one town, and I had to ask everybody everything EVERY time I got a little bit further through it. I think I was trying to solve a crime or something.

Also I have NO idea why they need to look for the spheres, because VERY CLEARLY it was the Spheres that brought all eight of these people together through EIGHT individual stories! UGH! Unless some bastard took them away from me. Damn them.
Thanked by:
Alright, if these don't lead to any sort of possible venue for progression, I might have to abandon this game.
[Image: cfJ5e.png] [Image: J4PkP.png] [Image: ebiPX.png]

[Image: 0r3ob.png] [Image: QOLmE.png] [Image: eTnK2.png] [Image: psUPx.png]

[Image: yWj32.png] [Image: xClYa.png] [Image: LljTS.png]

[Image: Vz3Fp.png] [Image: epouO.png] [Image: 8wRBX.png]

And these are two places where I actually DID stuff. I just wonder if they are giving any hints. Probably not.

[Image: KsjSW.png] [Image: 9d4EW.png]

Actually, I just found story dialogue I hadn't found yet, so I might be able to just keep slugging along. Any help would be appreciated still though.
Thanked by:
(02-04-2012, 09:40 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: [Image: cfJ5e.png] [Image: J4PkP.png] [Image: ebiPX.png]
1-Hey, if we don't find the entrance, jet's just destroy the wall!
2-Don't say dumb things!
3-You need to think on a better way to overcome it while you look for other sacred objects!

[Image: 0r3ob.png] [Image: QOLmE.png] [Image: eTnK2.png] [Image: psUPx.png]
1-'Gonza', don't lie to me. The '?' sphere is shining again
2-But there's nothing here. I think it shines for other things too
3-Like 'flash-flash'?
4-Yea, like 'flash-flash', so let's get going already

[Image: yWj32.png] [Image: xClYa.png] [Image: LljTS.png]
1-That's weird. The sphere's shining...
2-It's a mistake. A mistake. Let's stop this and give up
3-It's mysterious... indeed mysterious...

[Image: Vz3Fp.png] [Image: epouO.png] [Image: 8wRBX.png]
1-I'm sure this blue sphere should shine
2-But, where are you going to look for it?
3-You got me. There's nothing around here. Let's give up

(what the fuck this must be the most giving-up hero ever)

And these are two places where I actually DID stuff. I just wonder if they are giving any hints. Probably not.

[Image: KsjSW.png] [Image: 9d4EW.png]
1-I'll smash the hell out of 'Bydoo''s guts, and then I'll come play with ya again!
2-Hey, we don't need to enter this cave again, right?

Thanked by: Garamonde, Zadaben
Thanks Gors. Although it seems like the translations didn't do much, it actually does confirm for me that the game is meant to be very linear. The first time I went to the cave for example it didn't work, but after I beat the other place and went back they went back in again. Also that string of events I discovered also opened up the pyramid, but somehow even after tedious overleveling I seem to be UNDERleveled for this section.

Thanks again.

(Also, in response to that particular hero always giving up, his story started out with him in prison with all those gimpy policemen. That's probably how he ended up in there. "I GIVE UP!")
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gaia
I probably picked the worst time to make requests for translations (seeing as Gors is away and he did all my translations before), but if anyone has a keen eye for translations I'd love some help with a few. Just the names of bosses from Street Fighter 2010. Some of them are named in the english manual, but it's only about 3 of them:

[Image: 90L3h.jpg]
[Image: 8lcsz.jpg]
[Image: 7nHc5.jpg]
Thanked by:
Decided to edit the image because it's easier

[Image: PKIiR.png]
On Top: Kevin vs Target

I don't know what are the kanji next to them. I'm guessing it's species or something, since Androboy has "Android" written on that.

[Image: snrOI.png]

idk what Nidosandman is (Or Nido Sandman), that's a weird name. Could be a contraction of "Needle" and "Sandman", like Nidoking, etc.

[Image: yQQve.png]

Froggel could be another spelling of "Frogger", but it's a weird way to spell it.

Hope this helps Smile

EDIT: Fixed with Gors' fixes.
just fixing some translations,

Sand Worm is actually 'Thunder Worm', 'Mammy' is indeed 'Mummy' and 'Nidosandman' is like that; it probably is a mix of the words 'Nido' (Needle, transcribed in japanese) and 'Sandman'.
I might end up just using all japanese translations, because they are just awesome.

Basher = Brian

THE BEST!
Thanked by: Garamonde
Let me know if this works, Gors.

Attached Files
.zip   Clash Screens.zip (Size: 396.62 KB / Downloads: 150)
Thanked by:
looks like they fixed the posting, so here's the actual dialogue.

Thanked by: TomGuycott, Garamonde, Gaia
A lot of the translations are the same, but it's the little things that I really wanted to look into, and you've really shed a lot of light on certain things that I really wanted to know. The main things are:

-The Samurai Boss guy had no backstory in the english version. It's nice to know his motivations, contrived though they may be. He also had no name. other than "The Boss".
-"Killer Salmon" is probably where the english translation got the name Shark.
-In the english version Faysha is the only fairy, even though the character portrait changes. Minor thing.
-It confirmed names that were mentioned in varying ways in other media, like the enemies being called the Lawbreakers, the Secret Squadron Sabre Tiger and the doomsday device being called "Dead End", which is an awesome name for a bomb.
-The manual called the commander "Winestuff", but I like Hasslewine so much better. Like "Hassle" and "Whine". Though he seemed pretty amiable to me..
-The aliens originally didn't have a home planet or name, it's nice to have something.
-Even though it's only twice, it's nice to have someone actually refer to "Demonhead" in the story.
-Tiny TINY subtleties like how Pandar tells you it's Tom Guycot who doesn't trust him, instead of just "his boss".
-Tom Guycot = Jesus

Thanks so much, Gors. When I get to work on what I'm working on, would it be too much trouble to send you the menu screens as well? Just some small stuff I wanted to check on.
Thanked by:
no problem, send me when you can, I'll be translating it asap!
Thanked by: TomGuycott, Garamonde, Gaia