Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ripping from Freedom Fighters, problems!
Sad 
Hey, cool site

I've been trying for a long time to rip a few models from 2003's long forgotten Freedom Fighters. I've followed many tutorials, tried dx ripper, 3dvia, gameassassin but nothing. Either nothing happens when I 'capture' or dolphin freezes. x86 binaries but x64 windows 7

What could I be doing wrong??

specs: i2500k 580gtx

my attempt with the gamecube version:
anyone else have any ideas how to use .prm?
[Image: EvJmx.jpg]
[Image: OyHXW.jpg]
Thanked by:
Hmm, if Dolphin is freezing then that is a bad sign... Perhaps your computer can't take it?
But when nothing happens, that might be because you are using the wrong type of graphics plugin (OpenGL plugins won't work.)
Or maybe the model capture key you are using is conflicting with one of Dolphin's shortcut keys. In that case, try changing the key you are using for either program.
Thanked by:
If I use f5 (screencap) normally dolphin doesn't crash, it just takes a picture. if i assign 3dvia to f5, i get a 1kb file. if i assign gameassassin to f5, dolphin r6115 crashes. if i assign dx ripper to f5, dolphin crashes.

using dx9 plugin. tried with earlier/later dolphins. different hotkeys, no better result. on dolphin r6115, the game image is very 'squished' horizontally. on newer builds it runs fine.

thx for quick reply
Thanked by:
sadly cannot get it...if someone is willing to rip a few models for me i could paypal a lil $$$

perhaps I would have a better luck on a c2d mbp...here goes
Thanked by:
I would like to say what is the file format for the 3d models of the wii version of the game. The textures of this game can be extracted...but i don't know about the 3d models. Do u konw how browsing in the iso image with dolphin to see the structure of the data files set into it?
Thanked by:
(02-03-2012, 12:00 AM)roflcopter_down Wrote: sadly cannot get it...if someone is willing to rip a few models for me i could paypal a lil $$$

perhaps I would have a better luck on a c2d mbp...here goes

Unfortunately even if you paid someone, you still can't request because of not having enough posts and not having been a member for a month.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I tried to extract them on windows 7 c2d 9400m macbook pro. dolphin 6115 wont show any 3d. newest version of dolphin runs the game but no program will capture.

(02-03-2012, 09:20 AM)Orwell Wrote: I would like to say what is the file format for the 3d models of the wii version of the game. The textures of this game can be extracted...but i don't know about the 3d models. Do u konw how browsing in the iso image with dolphin to see the structure of the data files set into it?
no i don't... what should I do?

anything else I could try??
Thanked by:
so i discovered gc-tool... i opened up ff.gcm. now i don't know what to do with the files. all the tutorials i can find seem to be for different formats.

[Image: EvJmx.jpg]

can anyone help?
Thanked by:
is there a folder name like chara or players somewhere?
Thanked by:
(02-09-2012, 08:05 AM)Orwell Wrote: is there a folder name like chara or players somewhere?
no, the rest looks like this
[Image: OyHXW.jpg]

inside of those .zips look like
[Image: AAyhj.png]

been looking for how to rip hitman 2 since theyre probably the same engine but cant find much on that either
Thanked by:
I will take a look at hte demo pc version , even if i m quite sure that the models could be rippable by the wii game with the rignt configuration hardware-software.

EDIT: models: .prm
textures: .tex
Thanked by: roflcopter_down
know how to use prm+tex?

i found zmodeler1 but that crashes...
Thanked by:
Extract and convert the texture is quite easy and there are even some tools that u can use.
The problem is the .prm which is similar to the prm from hitman series, but there are some changes in the format structure that i don't understand.
Thanked by:
I managed to rip from models from the pc version. pics coming soon...

unfortunately pc version lacks multiplayer but its a start...no?
Thanked by:
bump...anyone else have any ideas how to use .prm?
Thanked by: