Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Just Some Stuff
Posting a few works that I made, mostly just dragon ball. The Vegeta being strangled by Janmeba is bland in color.

[Image: bfkl04.png]
Nidoran♀

[Image: vzyc07.png]
SSJ4 Goku vs Baby Vegeta

[Image: 2mgqxkx.png]
Majin Vegeta

[Image: Arbokgif2.gif]
Arbok

[Image: 4rz39k.png]
Vegeta saving Goku

[Image: mtbke8.png]
Vegeta Strangled

[Image: 15wjalv.png]
Houndour

[Image: MagmarSprite.png]
Half-assed Magmar

[Image: SuperBuuMunch-1.gif]
SuperBuu
Thanked by:
Dragon Ball pixel art=WIN
GOOD Dragon Ball Pixel art=SUPER WIN!!
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
why does everything look traced.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

(01-30-2012, 10:11 PM)Proton Wrote: why does everything look traced.

Because it is.
I tried to copy the pictures as best as I could onto MS Paint.
Thanked by:
Umm... no. That's not how pixel art works. First of all, I don't recommend MS Paint, because it sucks, and secondly, pixel art isn't about copying pictures, it's about making your OWN artwork from scratch.
Thanked by:
Srry, my bad.
Thanked by:
(01-31-2012, 03:27 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: Umm... no. That's not how pixel art works. First of all, I don't recommend MS Paint, because it sucks, and secondly, pixel art isn't about copying pictures, it's about making your OWN artwork from scratch.

MS Paint sucks? Huh I guess I better quit using it, oh wait, it's just an opinion. MS Paint is a perfectly fine program to use, please quit knocking every program out there it seems.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
I've never used anything but ms paint for pixelart...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
(01-31-2012, 03:27 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: First of all, I don't recommend MS Paint, because it sucks,
0/10 please see me after class
[Image: untitledre6.gif]
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
I wouldn't listen to Hoeloe's criticism of MS Paint, Djinn-Boo. There are certain things that it can't do, such as transparency, but it still works perfectly well, and there are other avenues for implementing things like transparency anyway. I personally do all of my sprite work using it.

As for your pixel art, I would recommend trying something completely from scratch. References are absolutely okay, but not for the sake of copying to the last detail. Working from scratch, even if it doesn't turn out well at first, will help you develop your skills and maybe even your own style more than tracing will. Plus, then we can give better critiques that can help you improve.
Thanked by: Roxas358, Shade, Garamonde
MS Paint has transparency? well transparent backgrounding at least.
Thanked by:
You know, you could brush up on your skills and fix your jagged linework and get rid on the black outline.

you could also use less darker colors on Vegeta to improve readability.

(MS Paint XP is the best)
Thanked by:
(01-31-2012, 06:15 PM)Jawnsunn Wrote: (MS Paint XP is the best)

Vista MS Paint is best,
no contest.
Better zoom than XP (no need for that weird invisible 10x zoom but), 10 undos rather than 3 and it's default palette isn't disgusting, along with no ribbon or the 7's attempt at making it more like PS.

And Argyle, it doesn't.
Graphic Gale's alpha channel way of doing transparency makes it whatever colour was set as the alpha channel's the background in MS Paint.
Photoshop, GIMP, Fireworks etc.'s makes the background black with its magic wands.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by: Gwen, Garamonde, X Gamer 66
Ah okay, I tripped myself up there with transparency, I was thinking of background instead of what she was referring to Tongue
Thanked by: