Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon Colosseum Project
I was going to start ripping models from this game and was wondering if anyone would want to collaborate with me.
Thanked by: Garamonde
I would LOVE to but I have no idea how to rip from that game and I haven't ever attempted to use any kind of print screen type ripper before...
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(01-29-2012, 07:21 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I would LOVE to but I have no idea how to rip from that game and I haven't ever attempted to use any kind of print screen type ripper before...
check out this link. Alternatively, you can use 3d ripper dx with dolphin, since some pokemon models come out disfigured if you don't wanna edit their geometry. The ones in the above thread came out fine for example.

So, are you saying that ripping models from Pokemon Colosseum on Dolphin with 3DVia Printscreen results in mostly perfect rips?
Thanked by:
(01-29-2012, 08:36 PM)Friedslick6 Wrote: So, are you saying that ripping models from Pokemon Colosseum on Dolphin with 3DVia Printscreen results in mostly perfect rips?
No, it results in good rips most of the time. Why I like using 3dvia is because I don't have to figure out what I have to rescale the scene to in order to make it perfect or decent. 3dvia takes care of that for me, unfortunately some pokemon might come out with an object missing from its head or arms. In the case of the sentret model, he only had one foot because both feet are apart of the same object group, i think. For example the boss quadraxis from metroid prime 2 echoes has four legs. When ripped with 3dvia, he will come out with only one leg because all 4 are the same model, but in maybe the same or different group. It's hard for me to figure out why this is, but when it happens, I could just copy the one leg three different times and weld them to the body to make the model. Re texturing is still required for some of these models as well. Too bad nothing's easy, I was thinking of writing a 3d object printscreen tool that took care of these errors, but it's alot of time and learning for me.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Friedslick6
what models have you managed to rip?
stages? items? or just the pokemon in general? trainers perhaps??
Thanked by:
(01-29-2012, 09:09 PM)valforwing Wrote: what models have you managed to rip?
stages? items? or just the pokemon in general? trainers perhaps??
With 3dvia, stages seem semi possible to get, trainers are impossible, pokemon are the main exports. As for items, I don't think there are many 3d models of thinks like potions or antidotes, but I'm almost sure a pokeball rip is possible. I will post pictures soon.

[UPDATE]
Here are some pics. The first pic is the aftermath of the capture. All the models are placed at the center of the scene with their default t poses. Even though they aren't in the shape of a "T" these are their original poses. Here you can see what I mean by missing or detached geometry. If you look at the suicune model, you can see it is missing its head crest. I drew an arrow to its location. In order to reattach it, I have to move it to suicune's head and weld it back in place using what I can see in pictures. This can be seen in the second image when I have spaced out the models. The third picture is the outside of the stadium, but the inside of it is very disorganized, you'd have to rearrange and weld certain objects back in place. So really it depends which models you are after that determine the ripper to use. If you want a stage and everything connected properly, but scaled incorrectly, use 3d ripper dx. If you want everything t posed as best as possible and can deal with unwelded appendages, go with 3dvia. I haven't tried any OpenGL rippers yet because I can't get them to work.

Hmm, I see... I've read all that now, so 3DVia would be the best thing to use for Colosseum? Also I got to this post of yours in that thread, you kind of lost me at the part about needing 32-bit Dolphin, and I have some questions...

(03-09-2011, 11:04 PM)AllenSword Wrote: Now to everybody else, this program will work with 7 and a 64 bit os, but the 3dxml player will only work with a 32 bit os. This program will tpose models from the metroid prime 2 echoes logbook, when you look at them, and even pokemon from pokemon colosseum. Ill post some pics soon, when I post my battletanx rips. Another game that tposes models is goldeneye rogue agent. Note: in pokemon colosseum, most of the pokemon emerge out fine, but characters come out scrambled like in ssbm. The point is this ripper is quite valuable when it comes to some games. That space pirate model required no retexturing whatsoever, and had only one map. The pokemon I had to separate from one another because they were in the center, but they were scaled properly and a few even looked tposed. Again, ill post pics soon.

Firstly, I see what you posted here, but I'm rather confused. You say that I need 32-bit Dolphin to get that XML program to work? I have 64-bit since I have 64-bit Windows 7... The XML thing makes the scene disappear so the models are easier to get right?

And secondly, you say that they sometimes come out with texture errors? How would I fix the textures? You also say that their geometry comes out weird sometimes with 3DVia? If that's the case, then will 3D Ripper DX work alright? I don't care what program is easier, I just want to get the models as good as possible... NVM I read what you wrote above about geometry.

Finally, please bear with me asking all these questions, this is my first time actually trying to stray out of my comfort zone of BRRES format models and the simplicity of having to merely convert them. I do wish to learn more about working with models, and learn to do more complex things like actually modifying the models and other objects themselves when it's necessary and etc. (and what's welding? That sounds hard), so I'm going to use this opportunity as a first time practice if that's alright.
Thanked by:
(01-29-2012, 10:01 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Finally, please bear with me asking all these questions, this is my first time actually trying to stray out of my comfort zone of BRRES format models and the simplicity of having to merely convert them. I do wish to learn more about working with models, and learn to do more complex things like actually modifying the models and other objects themselves when it's necessary and etc. (and what's welding? That sounds hard), so I'm going to use this opportunity as a first time practice if that's alright.
I understand, I'll write up a startup guide for you soon including weblinks. As for you question about 3dvia, it will work on your pc, it is the 3dxml VIEWER that will not, meaning you will be unable to use the built in 3dxml viewer to see your rips. You can still rip with this program, but you will have to use blender or 3ds max to see them.

Thank you I would appreciate that a lot. I love Pokémon models. Big Grin

And also, I'm more skilled with Cinema 4D Studio than anything else. I've only used 3DS Max a little bit, but I guess for this I will have to learn to use it better? Sad (Oh and a problem I had with 3DS Max is I couldn't get any of the .DAE plugins to work for some reason... though it may not matter for this)
Thanked by:
(01-29-2012, 10:52 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Thank you I would appreciate that a lot. I love Pokémon models. Big Grin

And also, I'm more skilled with Cinema 4D Studio than anything else. I've only used 3DS Max a little bit, but I guess for this I will have to learn to use it better? Sad (Oh and a problem I had with 3DS Max is I couldn't get any of the .DAE plugins to work for some reason... though it may not matter for this)

Well, if you can export the models from 3DS Max to something that Cinema 4D can open. Smile
C4D can definitely import DAEs, OBJs, SMDs, PSKs, as well as some others I think.
Thanked by:
I wonder why the trainer are so hard to rip?
Thanked by:
I'm currently writing an in-depth tutorial with examples people can work through in order to help some of you guys out. I know there are plenty of tutorials here that are in regards to model ripping, and I will be using a few of them and quoting the respectable authors with links to the threads. This tutorial could be a start for anyone new to remapping ripped models. Expect the tutorial to be finished by next week.
This is great, I'll finally be able to move forward in the model world! Thanks man, you're really great.
Thanked by: