Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
for the ADM
3D Modelling 
hi im diegouh the hedgefox
hi this is a message for administrators .. My complaint is passing through your page to see some sheets and it turns out inding the following
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/mari...heet/44718
I am completely disgusted .. why nobody told me they were going to mix with another sprite sheet? Why not contacted me to see whether it agreed?
stealing a sheet that is not me and told me I demand an explanation requires the separate sheet is removed or the credit is only my
reason: Why not contacted me before to take ist my only permission is for MFGG here : http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&...1&id=24438

Thanked by:
A.J. Nitro didn't steal it, he left your credit tag on the sheet, he only updated it with the battle sprites since what you already ripped of the overworld was perfectly good. Since you only said "contact me" on the sheet, instead of "contact me if you use this" or something, no one knew that you would be offended if your sheet was modified. Sorry about that. Sad
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: HandToeKnee
Yeah since he left the credit tag on the sheet, it isn't stolen, who knows, maybe he even did try to contact you and assumed that since he tried that I'd be fine.

Let's see what A.j nitro had to say.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde, HandToeKnee
He left that tag up.
If he wanted to steal it, he would have just made the sheet look different.

It's not like you made the sprites on that sheet.
The only difference between that and any other ripped sheet is it's arrangement.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by: Garamonde, HandToeKnee, Ton
We did everything but steal your sheet.

He only added sprites that didn't capture, and didn't even change your credit tag. In fact, he even explicitly wrote 'Overworld ripped by diegouh the hedgefox' and 'Battle ripped by A.J. Nitro. Give credit to us both'.

A sprite theft would be if he claimed all the sheet as being his, but since he didn't, it is not considered as such. Some contact before adding extra content could have cleared things better, but since no harm was implied, we thought it was perfectly okay.

Also a fused sheet of his work and yours saves bandwitdh, its easier to upload and it's more convenient to the users.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
However, I did notice that A.J. was the only one credited at the bottom of the page... I've fixed that, though.
Thanked by: Garamonde, HandToeKnee, Ton
Sorry, I really should've contacted you first. If I knew you were more active, I would've asked for permission. I did include your tag and name in the credits section, but ya, like the comments above say, if I didn't include your name in the credits, that would be stealing. What I did was basically just a fusion of 2 sheets, and there are a lot of sheets on the site like that.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Yep, happens all the time. The mayor reason is that TSR tries to stay somewhat sorted and tidy and merging sheets is a part of that.
I honeslty don't see a problem there. As long as it remains clear who did the work, it's fine.
The idea of somebody stealing a ripped sheet is amusing.

It only makes sense to merge sheets like this, I wish I had the go-ahead to organize sheets by placing each sprite in an assortment of 16x16 boxes that I requested long ago.
(01-27-2012, 02:09 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: Sorry, I really should've contacted you first. If I knew you were more active, I would've asked for permission. I did include your tag and name in the credits section, but ya, like the comments above say, if I didn't include your name in the credits, that would be stealing. What I did was basically just a fusion of 2 sheets, and there are a lot of sheets on the site like that.
im gona make a COMPLETE battle .... but ok, ok i never going to rip again.. thanks bro ;__; you are ruined me
Thanked by:
The internet, ruining people since 1990 (or 1969 if you want to go all the way back to ARPAnet).
Nobody is allowed to share. It's all or nothing, nobody else should be allowed to have same the credit for one thing, right?

No. It's more convenient to have the missing sprites on the same sheet. Your credit's still there, your SHEET is still there. It's like a footnote in a book -- just a little addendum that shouldn't ruin the original content in any way.
Thanked by: Garamonde
While I hate to play the asshole here, frankly nobody deserves credit for anything on this site... The artists do. We just rip them.

A.J. Nitro could easily steal the sprites you ripped, and nobody would know any different - but he's a good guy, and wouldn't do that. Instead, he left your sheet there, and just added to it in order to make the site easier to navigate.
Want him to re-rip everything you did so that he gets 100% credit? That's just stupid...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
I agree. I wouldn't even request credit for ripping them like I have on some of my sheets if it weren't for the fact that they took SO LONG and were such an effort... Sick
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Perseus
(04-14-2012, 03:56 PM)Dazz Wrote: While I hate to play the asshole here, frankly nobody deserves credit for anything on this site... The artists do. We just rip them.

A.J. Nitro could easily steal the sprites you ripped, and nobody would know any different - but he's a good guy, and wouldn't do that. Instead, he left your sheet there, and just added to it in order to make the site easier to navigate.
Want him to re-rip everything you did so that he gets 100% credit? That's just stupid...
Indeed. I never ask for credit on my sheets (no matter how difficult/time-consuming they may be to rip) -- my tags only state that I was the one that ripped them, nothing else.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Zadaben