Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My Pixel Showcase.
Here is most of the work that I have available to show off. Unfortunately I would of had more if it wasn't for my old computer dying on me. And of course, me failing to back that work up. Either way, I hope that you lot enjoy what I have to present to you. This stuff was created over a certain period of time so the quality may vary.

[Image: kakashi.png]
Hatake Kakashi in Shinobi 3 mock up.

[Image: sonipuke-1.gif]
Sonipuke.

[Image: sootsprite.gif]
Soot sprite from the Studio Ghibli films. (I also created the piece that I'm using as my avatar.)

[Image: bender.png]
Bender.

[Image: chopper.png]
Tony Tony Chopper.

[Image: tobi3.png]
Tobi.

[Image: blitzkid-1.png]
Original character design. (Minus the dragonball-esque hair.)

[Image: mpil.png]
Scott Pilgrim themed sprite.

[Image: sonic.png]
[Image: sheet.png]
More Sonic stuff.

[Image: pain.png]
Pain.

[Image: 8bitmk.png]
Mortal Kombat 8-bit

[Image: 3copy.png]
Alucard.

Work in progress.

[Image: protowip2.png]

Protoman.

[Image: tenguwip.png]

Tengu.

[Image: cthulu.png]

Cthulhu.

[Image: madara.png]

Uchiha Madara. (Original drawing by Masashi Kishimoto.)

(Any future works shall be posted in this thread. So keep your eyes peeled. Smile)
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gwen
You use too much dithering on your smaller sprites, but aside from that I can't see much wrong with most of them at a first glance. The dust-bunny doesn't really look quite right, and the mini-totoro's animation is a little jerky in places, but those are minor...
Thanked by:
Thanks for the critique Hoeloe. I'll definitely take it into account on my next creative session.
Thanked by:
Oh, another thing, your "8-bit" sprites aren't 8-bit. 8-bit is limited to 3 colours, plus transparency. You have at least 4 in all of those.
Aside from the "unrefined" shading in some places, the random white pixels on his shield and the flat edges on his right (left) leg, I'm loving that Proto Man PA.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
If you un-dithered the Pain, and gave it some proper shading, that's an interesting style for naruto characters, and I could envision a fun little fighting game Smile
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
The Mortal Kombat ones!?
I LOVE THEM!!

But Sonya and Goro have different colored outlines.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
[Image: sheet.png]
I really like these. They're really clean-looking.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(01-26-2012, 12:06 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Aside from the "unrefined" shading in some places, the random white pixels on his shield and the flat edges on his right (left) leg, I'm loving that Proto Man PA.

Out of all the uncompleted pieces that I've posted. Proto Man is top priority for completion. You won't be left in the dark when I've got around to doing so. Cool

(01-26-2012, 02:45 PM)Argyle Bastard Wrote: If you un-dithered the Pain, and gave it some proper shading, that's an interesting style for naruto characters, and I could envision a fun little fighting game Smile

By reading the dithering tutorial on this forum I've gained the awareness of over-dithering. And how I should be careful with using the technique, or if I even need to use it a tall. I'll get around to reworking that Pain sprite. Thanks for the comment.

(01-26-2012, 06:35 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [Image: sheet.png]
I really like these. They're really clean-looking.

Thank you! I made them quite some time ago and got a positive reaction when I posted them on the Sonic Retro forums. But I personally feel like more time could be put into fixing certain sprites from that particular sheet.

Plus, as requested by SHADEDBZ. Here are some of the DBZ themed sprite edits that were made years ago. Unfortunately there aren't many for reasons mentioned in my first post on this thread. But enjoy nonetheless! Smile

[Image: sb_raditz.jpg]

Raditz. (Edited from Super Butoden 1.)

[Image: paragusbmp.bmp]

Paragus. (I can't remember which sprite I edited for this. But I do know for sure that it was a HD sprite.)

[Image: 01.png]

Kung Lao. (HD frankensprite.)

[Image: yamchagoku.jpg]

Goku & Yamcha. (Super Butdoden 3 edits.)

[Image: SBbardockPNG3.png]

Bardock. (Super Butoden 1 & 3 frankensprite.)

Thanked by: Garamonde, Shade
i'd like to see some artwork that isnt fanart.
Thanked by: