Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Flash journey [art]
Well one of my new year resultions is to learn flash finally. Ive had it for a while now (student discounts, baby!) and I dont have any excuse not to be better at it. Anyway ill try to update at least once a week with something or another (ill try to resist putting up a painting, tho i do those way more often then flash { they are too much fun >.<}). Here is some stuff i have now, just experimenting with the tools. I also have some basic ball animations and timing animations but they arent really interesting or related.

From what ive done so far ive come to the conclusion that i need to use the line and pen tool for any linework im going to be doing (lol i suck at linework , probably the reason i hate it) and also how to use alphas to shade and highlight... onward i go!

PS: Helpful critique is always welcome! If you want I can return the favor by critiquing your stuff if i see it.

[Image: animalvectorpratice.png]
[Image: critters.png]
[Image: druid.png]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-- Mark Twain
Thanked by: Altrez, Garamonde
Mh, this is looking rather well for some flash doodles.

- However, I think maybe you're not yet aware that Flash is mostly used for precise vectors. But that's ok! I feel that your drawings have a lot of "strokes" in them. You tend to go outside the outlines and it looks more like a painting, than a "clean cell".

- You mention "I need to use the line and pen tool" but that is not true. Use the tools that are comfortable for you, but don't get stuck in a "comfort zone" either.
I love that frog. Why don't you recycle that frog, and clean it up. Try using the brush (this seems more comfy for you at this point) and make EVERYTHING on 1 layer or 2. I'd ecommend 1 layer first. Try avoiding transparent colours for now - lastly, the "FILL"-tool is your best friend, just like for pixelart.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Thanks for the advice i also did another try at the gecko.

[Image: gecko.png]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-- Mark Twain
Thanked by: Garamonde
Mmh, I kinda prefer the old one :s. Maybe it's the colours used.
Do you use your tablet for the lines with pen pressure or without? The lines don't have the same thickness everywhere. What you could do is right click and "smooth" the lines or change the smoothness
[Image: smoothing.gif]
(for the smooth lines I sometimes use the mouse to be quick.)
Thanked by: Gwen