Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Inazuma Eleven 3: The Ogre Headshots Ripping Project
As of March 30, 2012: This project is complete. However, there are some very old head designs of the main characters from the very first Japanese Inazuma Eleven game. You can use the same method mentioned here if you wish to rip those yourself.

----

I am new to this place but I wish to share a project that I am working on. If you're familiar with Inazuma Eleven and its players, you'll know that there are thousands of them in one game alone.

The third game, and the third version, which is The Orge, probably has more than what you can imagine. My exact count for the players' sprites is 2547 (some are repeats of different expressions for headshots). Uniforms or the base has 2 types, one for the player, the other for the goalkeeper, and they have 7 types of body shape, which makes it 14 for each uniform alone.

With 2,547 heads alone plus 1524 body shots, it's impossible for one person to rip them all.

You're probably wondering why I know the exact number of headshot sprites... aren't you? Actually, screw that, I'll show you a tutorial on how I did it.

And with that, here ends my post. If you're interested, post away, I'd appreciate it. Big Grin (Note that I can only reply in the weekends due to hectic work schedules... OTL)

---
Thanked by: redblueyellow, Garamonde
I am impressed with all this preview work, I wish you luck in this project. One thing that I can suggest is to rip and make separate sheets for every part (i.e one sheet for all the bodies, another for 'small people', another for 'normal people', another for 'bulky people' etc). This way you might reduce the workload, as you'll leave the assembling to the sprite user, and not you.

I wonder if the same technique will work in other Inazuma Eleven games, I think so because they're pretty similar, but who knows.

also, another nitpick: whouldn't be better to start numbering the sprites as 1-200 instead of 0-200? If you count 0, you'll actually have 201 sprites on the sheet.
I've edited your post so the image links appears embedded on your post.

Another thing (dear god when I'll stop nitpicking aaaaa) I want to ask before you delve into this deeper is about this image:

[Image: opp6pu.png]

does the pink box respect the sprite's rendering offset? In other words, you already know that the heads and bodies are different sprites, and requires assembling. That is a time consuming for the sprite users and even if they assembled them, the probability of it being innacurate by some pixels will be bigger. Does the box display the sprite in their right positions? This way, the users can assemble them perfectly without hassle.

PS: my sister loves Inazuma Eleven too, this'll make her extremely happy!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde
Awesome, I was actually hoping to get back into ripping from the Inazuma Eleven games soon, this give me some motivation to start. Smile Anyways, I'd be glad to help.

I'm not sure how many we're allowed to claim per set, but if I can I'd like to claim 300-599. I've been working with Tinke a bit lately so it should hopefully be fairly easy.

EDIT: If not, then 300-399 should work.

EDIT 2: Progress It seems as if the 64x64 dimensions don't match up perfectly to fit on the body (see 7th on top row), so I'll try to tweak it around a bit to find what works.
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
oh well, if the pink box's offset was correct, assembly would be much easier. But does this problem only occur with that guy? Also wouldn't that be because of his body shape?
Thanked by:
Yeah, I checked with his body shape, and the one that matches with him is positioned slightly above and to the right of the others, so they are aligned properly. All good, guess I was just being lazy with assuming it was off. Tongue

EDIT: More Progress, I'll be done with 300-499 by tomorrow.

Also, here's a section icon for when sprite sheets eventually get submitted.

[Image: inazumaeleven3icon.png]
[Image: 300-499icon.png]

Smile
Thanked by: HandToeKnee, Garamonde
heh, they remember of me drawing several weird faces on a blank sheet
Thanked by:
Thanks for the replies and the help guys... xDSweatdrop

And to answer some questions...first the uniforms/bodies. The reason why I wish to do them by uniforms and not by body types is because there are like 1,000+ files just for these. If you arrange them by uniforms (anyway, the body type is arranged the way I classified it in here) it'll be much easier. As for the pink box, I believe the characters are positioned that way to match with the bodies, but I could be wrong... OTL

As for the other IE games, I have to test it out if a new fix comes out from the creator of the program. I tried using it with previous games but the second unpacking doesn't work (as noted above you have to do it like twice or more to get the 4 files inside) xDSweatdrop

As for the numbering, I actually based that from the file that starts with a zero. I suppose it should be 0-199, 200-399 etc... so yeah thanks for pointing that out. xD;

redblueyellow, thanks for helping in starting out on the project, but if you don't mind, is it possible to do 200-299 also since you already started at 300+ but it's better if we do this by the 200s... I'll get working on 600-799 as soon as I finish on 0-199... xD;

Anyway, I shouldn't be OL on the weekday as I have work tomorrow, but I'll do some peeking here and there. (right now I'm at a proxy because my net is shit and won't load this site through normal means... Very Sad )
Thanked by:
Avegaille: Yep, I'll make sure to post 200-299 next. From now on I'll claim them in sets of 200's in case anyone else would like to contribute to the project. Smile

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that when I asked if I could rip 300-599, it doesn't break up evenly into two 200-increment sheets... Not sure how to go about that, I'll fix the sheet that I posted earlier to 200-399 and post another sheet that will be 400-599. Sorry about the mix-up.

EDIT 2: Here's the updated sheet:

[Image: 200-399icon.png]

I'll have 400-599 done by tomorrow.
[Image: 400-599icon.png]

Could I claim the next 200? (800-999, or another 200 group)
They're both up. Big Grin

Also, why do some heads have purple BGs and the others have magenta BGs?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Mighty: It's just the default background that shows up for the image, nothing different in the palette or anything. Smile Not sure why some of the background colors are different for some sections of headshots than others, but it's just the way it showed up on Tinke.

EDIT: And a preview of the next sheet if anyone would like to see. Tongue

EDIT 2: Also, for the bodyshots, how many were you thinking for each sheet? I can probably start working on some of those too.
Thanked by: Garamonde, HandToeKnee
(01-27-2012, 01:00 AM)redblueyellow Wrote: Mighty: It's just the default background that shows up for the image, nothing different in the palette or anything. Smile Not sure why some of the background colors are different for some sections of headshots than others, but it's just the way it showed up on Tinke.

EDIT: And a preview of the next sheet if anyone would like to see. Tongue

EDIT 2: Also, for the bodyshots, how many were you thinking for each sheet? I can probably start working on some of those too.

Thanks for all of your work so far... Big Grin I wish I could be as fast as you are but I'm have work and stuff... xD

You can go ahead and claim the next set of 200s if you want, and as for the bodyshots... Maybe we should have like 5 sets of 14 bodies per sheet... depending on what you can find. Aside from the uniforms, I know there are other bodies in there (like Aki's, Haruna's and Natsumi's school uniforms and even that Mr. Fuyukawa) so tell me what numbers those are in case you find them while doing the sets of uniforms.

Also I suggest doing them in the order that you found them in Tinke so it won't be too confusing... *bricked*
Thanked by:
[Image: 800-999icon.png]

Don't worry, I'll be sure to go in order. And I guess I'll claim the next set of 200. Tongue Not sure if I'll start on the bodyshots yet, I'll look into it though.
Nice job there... Big Grin

And I've finally finished 0-199, so here it is:

[Image: vfgk6v.png]

Also, I am having problems with my net... or rather my IP address. For some reason, my IP is banned from this forum but I didn't even do anything. (it's probably someone who shares an IP address with me that did this or something) I wonder who I can talk about this since I don't really want to keep resetting my router to get a new IP address... OTL. Right now I'm using a proxy... =/

Next set that I claimed to be up by next week. I still need to finish that Emmy Altava fanlisting. And then I'll start with the bodies. 14x5 = 70 so I'll work on the first 70 files.