Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SMASH RPG Sprites (Again)
Exclamation 
So last topic was locked Sad been busy with life so I kinda fell off the spriting wagon so I find I'm a bit rusty I found these on my laptop and thought it would be great to at least finish the original 12:
[Image: masterf.png]
CHARACTER MASTER

Those are the characters so far, any character with a blue box in there set should be considered a WIP of course just because they don't have a blue box this doesn't mean i think there perfect, please C + C them!

Some notes:
* The sprites cannot exceed the limitations of the boxes (24 X 32) - so please don't recommend making a sprite bigger then that, also I was going for a Chibi style so when giving any C + C please try to keep in mind I want the sprites in this style.

I'll post Updates as progress goes on Thanks in Advance!

Working on Link now i seem to be having trouble with shading him for some reason any tips?

[Image: linkwip.png]
[Image: 6yfjuBN.png]

You should have more contrast between the shades on link's hat(actually, on most of the characters). You can barely see the difference as it is.
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by: evilwaluigi

Using the palette I used for Luigi I managed this I'm not sure how I feel about the colors but what do you guys think? All that's really changed is the green colors

Thanked by:
Contrast =/= saturation. Make the dark shades darker and the light shades lighter, rather than boosting the saturation. While you have improved the contrast issue, your palette is now slightly painful to look at.
Thanked by: evilwaluigi, Garamonde

how bout this? hat still seems a bit weird to me :\

Thanked by:
Not the colours causing that, but your shading.
Thanked by: Garamonde
(01-15-2012, 03:51 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: Not the colours causing that, but your shading.

any tip son the problem areas on the shading? should I just get rid of the highlight on the hat?

Thanked by:
(01-15-2012, 04:09 PM)evilwaluigi Wrote: any tip son the problem areas on the shading? should I just get rid of the highlight on the hat?
Yeah you should. As far as I know link does not have a hat made of plastic. It also looks a bit too square-ish to me.

I hope you don't mind but I edited your sprites to fix some issues I had with the shading, while also remaking the hat. If you DO mind, just ignore that and make your own ;]
[Image: linkhelp.png]
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by: Garamonde, evilwaluigi
Thanks Hoeloe that looks awesome I'm going to use that and consider Link done- unless there are any objections? otherwise moving on to Fox:

[Image: foxwip.png]

...Its getting harder and harder to find time to do these :< sorry i basically necro-bump every time i post guys :<

Thanked by:
that is ok in my book.
Thanked by:
I'm just not too sure about the face, it feels like its kinda... squished?

Thanked by:
its due the visor. its taking too much space from the face itself(i sugest making it a solid color), and the shading on the mouth is not really adding any volume at all.
Thanked by:
[Image: 72710700.png]

Tinkered around with the head some. thinking the new one works better.

UPDATE 5/21

[Image: 47362636.png]

More edits on the head feeling better about the newest one- what do you guys think? also did some forward walk frames.

Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
wow talk about blast from the past
Thanked by:
yar, ive been sooooo busy i just haven't had the time to really be around :<

Thanked by: