Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
totem pole in progress
[Image: V6vnt.png]
some stuff from yesterday/today/just now

i'm going to make more segments and STACK'EM!
not the one on the left though. that was just me getting in the mood

crits and shits please
[Image: RuAIooB.png]
those look real good, bro

no criticism from me
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: BobbyLala, Garamonde
same as gors, i see a great work, specially as far as the texture goes.
I hate you. Go make something not awesme for a change.
No crit from Gors or Metaru? o.O

Time to study these puppies.
[Image: 687xo0.png] Sponge7325, Sponge 2, Previous, ~Drakocat~, Devicho, Guy 1, Guy 2[Image: wb3tig.png]

[Image: o.png][Image: o.png][Image: o.png][Image: o.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde
(01-04-2012, 09:24 AM)Previous Wrote: I hate you.

YES.

[Image: AnUNi.png]

have a beaver.
Thanked by: Gwen, Previous
Surprise Wow! Those look awesome! My only, minor, nitpicky, pretty worthless critique that is rather irelevant to the actual sprites is that the bird should be at the top.Tongue It is amazing how wooden they look! Smile
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by: BobbyLala
My only beef is that the bird one on the bottom has a outline on its head that's soft looking compared to that of the others. But phenomenal work regardless. I especially like your colour choice.
(01-04-2012, 02:43 PM)SirZadaben Wrote: the bird should be at the top.

not that bird! i'm going to do a big bird with spread wings and a massive beak for the very top

(01-04-2012, 03:36 PM)BynineB Wrote: My only beef is that the bird one on the bottom has a outline on its head that's soft looking compared to that of the others. But phenomenal work regardless. I especially like your colour choice.

thanks!
i get what you mean about the soft top, it was the first one i did and didn't update it with stuff i did with the others.
OH WAIT

The claws on the beaver one look awfully jaggy. You can do better than that................

Tongue
they aren't jaggy, but sticks out too much in black. it can be fixed with anti-alias, tho.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
They aren't very first nations designy, especially their bodies, particularly the beaver. I'm very fond of the bears face though. Tongue Is the bird at the top going to be a beautiful thunderbird like your practice pixels? Big Grin
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
(01-06-2012, 02:34 AM)Butch Wrote: They aren't very first nations designy, especially their bodies, particularly the beaver. I'm very fond of the bears face though. Tongue Is the bird at the top going to be a beautiful thunderbird like your practice pixels? Big Grin

thanks!
sorry about the designs though, i'm not sure i could neatly fit in more authentic patterns. i might give it a go though.
the top of the totem will most likely be a thunderbird!

[Image: mUBr7.png]

not sure whether this raven will fit in... i'll probably redo it

FROG IN PROGRESS
Thanked by: Previous, Gwen
Great idea and designs, man!

However, I think you could seriously rethink your palette (optimize it) and get rid of all the jaggies in your sprite. I'll make an edit on one of your characters.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

I love this but I question some of the colors on the painted part. I guess I like the more brightly colored totem poles that I've seen. (But then I'm a white chick so what do I know.)

Aside from this, I think the totem pole is fantastic.