Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME] Sonic Z
[Image: soniczlogo.png]

I'm working on this little project for a few weeks so far and I'm very happy how it turned out by now. I wanted to release a demo with this topic, but I still need to fix some glitches Sad But I'll ensure you, you'll be able to play a demo pretty soon already! So have I got anything to show besides this logo? Yes, I have! As for now, just take a look at these pretty screenshots and videos:

Screenshots

Videos

C&C is highly appreciated Wink

EDIT: The demo is ready!

>>DOWNLOAD<<
Surprise Nah, I'm not the signature. Just cleaning up here.
Thanked by:
Looks solid. At first I was disappointed not so see something new (custom sprites/edits, music) as it all looked like a slopeless Sonic Advance hack to me, but then I saw the bosses, which are nice, though looked as if they were too easy.
But I must say I was impressed by the special stage. Would have been better if the pipe was more narrow, or the camera more zoomed out, so you have more overview, but I haven't played this, so maybe I'm talking BS.
Was this done in Game Maker?
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
Glad you were impressed Big Grin
Yeah, this was done in Game Maker.
Thanked by:
To add to the general sonic feel you could add some loops to emerald shores.
The special stage was really well done, but as it seems like it's based of sonic heroes's special stage I would like to see some kind of boost mechanism implemented.
[Image: BannerMain.gif][Image: A9p8V.png][Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by:
(12-29-2011, 01:13 PM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: To add to the general sonic feel you could add some loops to sunny shores.
The special stage was really well done, but as it seems like it's based of sonic heroes's special stage I would like to see some kind of boost mechanism implemented.

I would, but I'm too stupid to program those. And I'm not going to use an engine. Anyway, the special stages are based off Sonic Generations on 3DS, which has them based off Heroes Tongue I think boosting there is kinda unnecessary, as it's not time but ring based.
Thanked by:
(12-29-2011, 01:33 PM)DJ Coco Wrote: I would, but I'm too stupid to program those.
Then you learn how to program it? Programming is about creating, after all.
Thanked by:
(12-29-2011, 02:15 PM)Herr Doctor Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 01:33 PM)DJ Coco Wrote: I would, but I'm too stupid to program those.
Then you learn how to program it? Programming isn't sticking to what you know you can do and nothing venturing outside of that.

How about you start programming? Tongue It's not as easy as it seems. I'm already almost overdone with that simple engine.
Thanked by:
(12-29-2011, 02:17 PM)DJ Coco Wrote: How about you start programming? Tongue It's not as easy as it seems. I'm already almost overdone with that simple engine.

Drop this mentality.

The "I'd like to see you do better" and it's variants are terrible excuses.

Your game can have more, work more and you'll achieve more.

Plus, these things that you're too "stupid" to program are all part of the fun of programming.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

(12-29-2011, 04:09 PM)Proton Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 02:17 PM)DJ Coco Wrote: How about you start programming? Tongue It's not as easy as it seems. I'm already almost overdone with that simple engine.

Drop this mentality.

The "I'd like to see you do better" and it's variants are terrible excuses.

Your game can have more, work more and you'll achieve more.

Plus, these things that you're too "stupid" to program are all part of the fun of programming.

Yep, I know it's a cheap excuse, but from my current knowledge of GML it's impossible for me to implement loops.
Thanked by:
Impossible shouldn't be in your vocabulary.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

(12-29-2011, 05:49 PM)Proton Wrote: Impossible shouldn't be in your vocabulary.

It shouldn't, but it is. I haven't got the knowledge to do loops (yet), and I won't have it any time soon.
Thanked by:
Or you would, if you bothered to attempt to learn it.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde
Maybe with very much pratice I could. But that game won't have any loops for sure, as I'd have to redo the entire engine.
Thanked by:
(12-29-2011, 07:55 PM)DJ Coco Wrote: I'd have to redo the entire engine.
Hello, young one! And welcome to game development!

no seriously that is what game development is. engines get scrapped and recoded all of the time. it's part of making the project the best it can be.
Looks really cool so far.
Thanked by: