Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
UAX format?
I was planning on submitting some sounds from a game called Killing Floor but there all in UAX format. What do I do?
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
Use UModel to export the UAX files, with this in the command prompt:

Code:
umodel.exe -export -sounds *FILENAME*.uax
Thanked by:
I can't get it to work!?
I can never open it?

Thanked by:
(12-19-2011, 08:44 PM)SHADEDBZ Wrote: I can't get it to work!?
I can never open it?

Try the following:

1. Open notpad.
2. put RTB's code "umodel.exe -export -sounds *FILENAME*.uax" into the empty space.
3. File>Save As give it any name You want then add .bat.
4. Change "Save as type" to All Files.
5. Close notepad and put the .bat You just made into the same folder as the .uax and the UModel.
6. Double click on the .bat and it should run the script that RTB posted.

Hope that works. Smile
Thanked by:
I tried what you said and it acted like it was going to work, but stopped again! Sad

Thanked by:
Hey Roxas, does that method work for any of RTB's command line programs or only UModel?

I only ask because command line is a pain to use and I can't figure out what to do in it most of the time.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
SHADEDBZ Wrote:I tried what you said and it acted like it was going to work, but stopped again! Sad

That's to bad. Sad

(12-19-2011, 11:12 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Hey Roxas, does that method work for any of RTB's command line programs or only UModel?

I only ask because command line is a pain to use and I can't figure out what to do in it most of the time.

Well I've been using it to extract files from .fpk. It's a life saver, because I can just put in multiple names and it will extract everything. Smile
For example:

Code Wrote:fpktool -u 0000.fpk 0000
fpktool -u 0001.fpk 0001
fpktool -u 0002.fpk 0002
fpktool -u 0003.fpk 0003
fpktool -u 0004.fpk 0004
fpktool -u 0005.fpk 0005

But anyways, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work on other programs. Smile
Thanked by:
Are you sure that you're replacing the *FILENAME*.uax with whatever the file's called?

Either way, this will work.

Code:
for /f %%a IN ('dir /b *.uax') do umodel.exe -export -sounds %%a

Paste that in a TXT file, rename it to UModelSounds.bat, and run it in the same folder as both UModel and the sound effects, and it should output all of the sounds into separate folders, as WAV files.

And try this out, too, Roxas358:

Code:
for /f %%a IN ('dir /b *.fpk') do fpktool.exe -u %%a %%a_unpack

Save it in a TXT and call it FPKUnpack.bat... though the file name honestly doesn't matter. That will unpack all FPK files into separate folders!

(Don'tcha just love batch scripts?) Smile
Thanked by:
(12-20-2011, 12:30 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: (Don'tcha just love batch scripts?) Smile

Yes, I do. Big Grin And thank you for the script, I was just looking for something that works like that. Smile
Thanked by:
I seriously did not know I could do that! Now there's probably hope for my upcoming series of model submissions! Big Grin
Thanked by:
Yes! It worked, thanks!

Thanked by:
I have all the sounds from Killing Floor now! What's the best media sharing website to upload them to, in your opinion?

Thanked by:
MediaFire, hands down. Big Grin

Also what format are they in? .WAV? Only curious.
Thanked by:
They are .WAV! That's what they need to be right?

Thanked by:
(12-23-2011, 07:52 PM)SHADEDBZ Wrote: They are .WAV! That's what they need to be right?
Yes, indeed.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Shade