Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[IDEA] [GAME] Gear Up!
So i've been working on a game for a while (only sprites and music, no coding yet) and I really want to show it to you guys and girls.

[Team]
Yo-Yo Boy
sponge7325

[Story]
You're a miner which digs for treasure, but suddenly you fall into a deep cave and fall unconsious. Later you regain consiounsnes beacuse someone wake you up, their names are Gi, Z and Mo. They are strange blue clothed creatures, who wears helmets with gears attached to them.

They inform you about their situation, and that the Core Gears, which is the earths gravity source and is unkown to mankind is beginning to stop and if something isn't done fast the earth will split into multiple pieces and lose it's gravitation.

[Gameplay]
It's a simple platformer where you can fight enemies or gather rare materials to create new weapons and items. You can also search for treasures hidden in the deep caves you've found.

[Graphics]
[Image: gearpeople.png]

[Locations]
Gear City
Gear Forest
Dust Desert
Ice Caverns

[To do list]
Make a decent moss tileset. [Done]
Make crystals and mushrooms.
Add gear to Guard mugshot.
Fix corner tiles.
Make a new mock up. [Done]
Make a background.

[Support Banner]
[Image: A9p8V.png]
Code:
[url=http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=18961&pid=413319#pid413319][img]http://i.imgur.com/A9p8V.png[/img][/url]

I'll update this post when I have more to show you, feedback is appreciated.
And thats everything i got so far.
[Image: BannerMain.gif][Image: A9p8V.png][Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by: Viiper
Sounds cool.

The grass doesn't make sense, though. Since you wouldn't find a lot of that in caves and it wouldn't grow on walls and ceilings. I think someting like moss oder Mushrooms would be more fitting. Or crystals.
Thanked by:
Updated the first post.
Do you have any tips on how to make a good moss tileset?

Also there was grass in cave story.
Thanked by:
Sorry, but I'm not a good Spriter myself and am oblivious on how to make anything. But if it helps, it shouldn't be as jaggy as that grass, it should be composed of rather round shapes. Kinda fluffy.

It wasn't on the walls or ceilings, however. Plus, that's an naturalistic fallacy Tongue

Your item icons are quite unreadable on that light-cone background.
Thanked by:
I give up on the walls, but it did in fact have grass on the ceilings.
[Image: JellyJuiceJellyFishGrassTown.png]
Thanked by:
He said it doesn't make sense.

You can have it,
it just doesn't make sense.

As you know,

it doesn't

make

sense.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
OK, fine.
Thanked by: Garamonde, AManofClay
First post is updated with Mossy tileset, Locations and more info on the To-Do list.
Thanks to SHADEDBZ for the original mossy tile edit.
Thanked by:
Alright, I have said this in every other thread that looks like I can have a chance to help with, so I say it here too.

If you want me, I have these talents:

Level Creating
Storyline Creating
Idea Creating Tongue

Also, I recently made some Mushroom sprites, not Mario mushrooms but just background mushrooms and the like.

I would be happy to help you with this game, I could even try my hand at more spriting attempts for this game, if needed.

EDIT: I've already started working on some more sprites for the game, because I'm bored.
Thanked by:
Thats great! The storyline is pretty much done, but I could use some more ideas and level designs.

If you'll try to make a level remember to have lots if hidden caves and such.
Also, I might have some music up by tommorow.
Thanked by:
Can't manage to record the music, oh well.
Updated the first posts graphics.
Thanked by:
I like this game idea, but just chiming in to say don't use already-made fonts for text. There's nothing wrong with it, but making your own will give your game a more personal touch.

not to say that you can play with the letters to make it fit with the game's aesthetics, too. Just my two cents tho
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde
Pretty cool, I'm making a similar game with a bunch of guys on another forum. It's also set underground, but more of an RPG (magic, quest system, etc).

Just curious, what language is it gonna be programmed in, and for what platform(s)? Or haven't you decided yet?

The graphics look pretty awesome so far Cool
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Yo-Yo Boy
(12-29-2011, 04:15 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Pretty cool, I'm making a similar game with a bunch of guys on another forum. It's also set underground, but more of an RPG (magic, quest system, etc).

Just curious, what language is it gonna be programmed in, and for what platform(s)? Or haven't you decided yet?

The graphics look pretty awesome so far Cool

It's gonna be programed in Java and it will be on PC, also thanks.
Thanked by:
Cool idea. I'll be watching this thread to see where this goes.
Thanked by: