Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Viewtiful Joe 3D Models
Exclamation 
here's my newest thread i present Viewtiful Joe models i have ripped 72 of them from the game Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble. (Which I am surprised no one else did this.) The models are packed in .obj

here's an example image

[Image: ra0xlw.jpg]

here's the models http://www.mediafire.com/?pbn2epxtp8teo3r (this is Red Hot Rumble Models) they are already online

(This pack is alot more organized than my last pack i did) ^^

i would like someone to help me get them uploaded Peardian did an amazing job last time with my Bonk models.

here are some more models that i would like to have uploaded there are 18 models in total in this pack.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hh34sbd6v7w7n48

these are from the first Viewtiful Joe, The name is just (Viewtiful Joe)

here is a example image

[Image: 2zf6akn.jpg]

here's even more models this time their ripped from Viewtiful Joe 2 this pack has 24 models in total

http://www.mediafire.com/?5k60h3d0aq1dwq8

here's a example image

[Image: ilvpk5.jpg]

Thanked by: redblueyellow
Wow!! Good stuff!
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
As I mentioned last time, I'm the one in charge of uploading models to the site. All you have to do is post them here and I handle the rest. Wink

I took a look at them, and it is certainly an improvement from your Bonk submission. The models are nicely centered and rotated properly, and the organization is definitely a plus. However, there are still a few issues to deal with.

-As I said with the Bonk models, we would prefer the models to be in separate packages instead of having all of the game's contents in a single big bundle.
-Organization is nice, but putting all of the textures in an entire separate folder is a bad idea. Textures should always be in the same folder as the model files they belong to. Otherwise, it's just a big hassle to use them, and would end up having to pull the textures from that separate folder anyway just to use the model.
-Consider grouping some things. If this "Alaster" guy is the only person to use "Alaster's Sword", then it make the most sense to include them with him. Same goes for the Nurse Bianky's weapons and the Slot Machine Coin. But if these are weapons that other characters can pick up and use, they are fine as a separate submission. You may also want to consider grouping alternate costumes together, but that is just a suggestion.
-Please make sure you have the proper spelling for everything. In looking up what kind of game "Red Hot Rumble" was, I found that the proper spelling for "Alaster" is actually Alastor. If I hadn't seen the proper spelling, I would have submitted the model under this name and the mistake would have stuck out to anyone who knew the games.

Now, for the most part, these are all things I could fix on my end. However, I want you to have a go at fixing them so that you can get the hang of things. Remember, you can put a bunch of individual zips inside a big zip, like so:

Quote:-Main Package.zip:
---Characters:
------Viewtiful Joe.zip
------Captain Blue.zip

You are also allowed to have more than one folder inside each model, such as if you decided to group each of Joe's alternate costumes together. As an example, see the King Drool submission.

I look forward to being able to put these on the site and seeing you improve. Smile
Thanked by:
ok Pearidan i did what you asked and got the models all organized like you wanted, as well as i checked all the names all of the are correct i looked at my friend's strategy guide, the only name i misspelled was Alastor's, and the ghost robot which i fixed as well.

here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?pbn2epxtp8teo3r

also i got a question if i wanted to rip models that aren't in Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble but are in viewtiful joe and viewtiful joe 2 should i make a new thread?

just letting you know Movie Fan Joe is Viewtiful Joe's human form, Viewtiful Joe Is his super hero form.
Thanked by:
Much better! You forgot to compress the individual submissions, but that's not a big deal. Just make sure you do it next time. Wink I'll try and have these up today. Big Grin

And considering how compact this thread is, you could put those models here as well and make it a general Viewtiful Joe thread. Just make sure you clearly label what belongs to what!
Thanked by:
sweet that's good to know thanks ^^ just let me know once you done uploading them ^^
Thanked by:
Hmm... there is a concern with these models. I just noticed it when rendering them. The scale in the models are all out of whack. Alastor is half of Android Rachel's size, who is in turn shorter than Joe. For anyone who wants to use these models, that is an issue, because it means having to manually resize everything.

I don't know what process you use, but if you do have to scale up the models, please try to use the same scale every time. I imagine it's too late to fix these rips without having to re-rip everything. If you really did do something to resize them when you were ripping them, you'll have to rip them again. However, if you didn't do anything at all to change their size, then there's not much that can be done about that.

Always be mindful of the scale when working with models, especially when they are coming from the same source.

Also, you'll want to fix the spelling of "Posidan" to Poseidon.
Thanked by:
hmm that's weird i didn't change anything with their scale size is this a major concern will it ruin the models? i don't want re rip everything it took a huge amount of time already -.-

and in game it said Posidan not Poseidon, but whatever way you think it's correct is good with me.
Thanked by:
I'm pretty sure it's spelled Poseidon.

If you didn't do anything to change the size of the models, don't worry about it, as there's nothing that can be done about that. I'll accept the models as they are now. How are you ripping these, anyway? 3DRipperDX or something?
Thanked by:
i'm using 3d via printscreen why is that a problem?

3DRipper Dx doesn't want to work on my computer for some odd reason.

your right about Poseidon's name as well sorry i didn't see that.
Thanked by:
It's not really a problem, but it explains things. Programs like that grab the current 3D scene, which changes depending on the game engine. Some games, such as Viewtiful Joe here, will change the scale of the models for camera zooming, and all games will come out tilted because of the camera angle. It's not ideal for ripping, which is why we don't have a bunch more Gamecube/Wii models. But, in most cases, it's better than nothing.
Thanked by:
will my models still be put online then? 0.0

if yes, sweet thank you very much Smile
Thanked by:
As I said, yes, I'm still accepting them. However, I need you to re-rip Fridge Bianky. Despite never playing the game, I can tell his body isn't supposed to look like as deformed as it does. When ripping with 3D scene rippers, try to get the characters in as close to a default pose as possible, and try to have them properly rotated to line up with the ground plane.
Thanked by:
here's the re ripped Fridge Bianky ^^ http://www.mediafire.com/?bj8nq7id0tvzjta
Thanked by:
Better, but it's still an odd pose... is that enemy ever seen in a normal pose?
Thanked by: