Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Modern Warfare 3
So overall i think its a great addition to the COD series. But what do you guys think hmmmmmm? *Strokes invisible mustache*
Thanked by:
Well it plays just like MW2 so a lot of really dumb bullshit deaths insue, and it's pretty much as generic as the rest of the series and other FPS games.

Thats what I think, I'm not the biggest fan of most FPS games anymore. (Well I never was the biggest fan of them but I can tell you one N64 game of mine that never collects dust.)
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
I bought it for survival mode, which is crack redefined. It's the funnest mode I have ever played.
[Image: Rrr4r.jpg]
Thanked by:
I'll get it when I can get it real cheap. It's pretty much MW2 with a different upgrade system and new maps.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
And yet another generic CoD game with no major upgrades what so ever

same thing they did with every game since the first modern warfare far as I care.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Haven't played it yet. Not interested in the multiplayer but I really want to play the campaign because I actually like the Modern Warfare story.
(11-30-2011, 04:32 PM)DioShiba Wrote: And yet another generic CoD game with no major upgrades what so ever

same thing they did with every game since the first modern warfare far as I care.
Really, what are they going to add? It's a first person shooter in modern times. The most you can do with that is add more guns and maybe, like, one new thing the player can do that would ultimately not affect gameplay a whole lot (see: Black Ops's leaping into prone feature)

Aside from that the only thing they could really add is a new game mode... which they did. And it's actually really fun and fairly different from the normal gameplay. (for what it's worth, it's the new Spec Ops missions, including like three new gameplay modes and co-op exclusive side missions pertaining to the storyline. and also the missions, and mode in general, is almost completely different than MW2's Spec Ops mode)

Please don't say things if you don't know things about the subject or else you are going to basically be wrong every single time.

I'm not the biggest Call of Duty fan either and I hate Activision's business practices, but I'm not going to bash what is actually a solid video game series and talk about how it hasn't "innovated", in a genre that is incredibly difficult to innovate with (especially considering gamers nowadays, who will either complain that a game isn't innovating enough, or when it does innovate, hate it and wish it went back to the way it was before (this is most, if not all of you, hth)).
Thanked by:
(11-30-2011, 05:46 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 04:32 PM)DioShiba Wrote: And yet another generic CoD game with no major upgrades what so ever

Really, what are they going to add? It's a first person shooter in modern times. The most you can do with that is add more guns and maybe, like, one new thing the player can do that would ultimately not affect gameplay a whole lot (see: Black Ops's leaping into prone feature)

Aside from that the only thing they could really add is a new game mode... which they did. And it's actually really fun.

how about making a new engine that isn't going to be re-used every single year?

or maybe actually making the game much less repetitive and using skill rather than just constantly shooting at enemies. Maybe even bring back the medical kits?

It's Call of duty, at first it seemed really amazing but now it's just the same damn thing over and over again. All I'm saying is they need to make the game far more better than it is now.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(11-30-2011, 06:00 PM)DioShiba Wrote: using skill rather than just constantly shooting at enemies
????????????????????

Thanked by:
(11-30-2011, 06:00 PM)DioShiba Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 05:46 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:

Aside from that the only thing they could really add is a new game mode... which they did. And it's actually really fun.

how about making a new engine that isn't going to be re-used every single year?

or maybe actually making the game much less repetitive and using skill rather than just constantly shooting at enemies. Maybe even bring back the medical kits?

It's Call of duty, at first it seemed really amazing but now it's just the same damn thing over and over again. All I'm saying is they need to make the game far more better than it is now.

If you want all that good stuff, and the more "skill" based gameplay why are you trying to get that from Call of Duty, when you can, right now, get that stuff from Battlefield?

Call of Duty does not need to change for you because Call of Duty works fine and dandy for millions of people. You have other options. I don't understand why you want something to change so bad when all that stuff you want is in a franchise.

[Image: Rrr4r.jpg]
Thanked by:
(11-30-2011, 06:02 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 06:00 PM)DioShiba Wrote: using skill rather than just constantly shooting at enemies
????????????????????

I think he means more team oriented, that's why I like the Battle Field series more as a whole, I really like that it's more about working as a team and not run and gun( I like run and gun too, but you know preference)
Either way, as much as one can bitch about it, the only thing to really complain about is the price, but I can wait awhile for it to drop in price before I get it. I do like the weapons and map more too than MW2
Thanked by:
but people don't even play in teams in TF2, or any team-oriented game, unless it's a group of friends playing together. that's not the game's fault, that's the fact that gaming is a horrible community
Thanked by:
(11-30-2011, 07:08 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: but people don't even play in teams in TF2, or any team-oriented game, unless it's a group of friends playing together. that's not the game's fault, that's the fact that gaming is a horrible community

Eh in Battlefield, people tend to cooperate, but like I said, Modern Warfare is hella fun too. The only thing that bugs me is how expensive they keep all the games, even if they're years old, they're all still ridiculously overpriced.
Thanked by:
MW3 especially picked up from all the bullshit from the past, anyway.

I ended up watching my brother play through the campaign (because how the fuck was I supposed to get it off of him?) and it's got an extremely solid storyline. I enjoyed it.

Multiplayer's got some nice new additions to it, too. Highest killstreak in two of the three streak packs is a care package that makes you a Juggernaut, you can drop care package decoys that explode when someone tries to take it (enemies), you can final stand with a C4 strapped to your chest, I want to say they broke Quick-Scoping (thank fucking god, I hated the idiots who called you out for using a sniper rifle properly), and prestiges actually earn you things, just to name a few things that stuck out to me the most.

Oh, and protip: just because a game's overrated does not mean the game's a pile of shit. It means that it's successful.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
I honestly hate the the franchise to death. But as usual my younger brother picked this up and I gotta admit I had fun for the little bit I played it. It seems like most of the bullshit that was a fad with players in the multiplayer like "quick scoping" and so on has been removed. The maps also seem to be a considerable improvement over the previous ones. I didn't really play or pay too much attention to black-ops so I'm not sure what those were truly like but MW2's maps were just over the top large and far too camper friendly. These seem to have been cut down and force players to keep moving to survive.

Again I only played the game for about an hour and a half but these were the vibes I was getting. I may have to steal my brothers for a day or so and really give this a go.
Thanked by:
MW3 is great fun! The campaign is exciting and fills a lot of plot holes from the previous games. Sure it's not anything amazing and GOTY worthy, but it's hell of a lot better than I was expecting. I understand people's points about the game, but most people who judge the game are the ones who haven't even played it. I agree with Tyvon about CoD's story, I like it too and that's the main reason I even got the game.

Honestly, the game plays more like CoD4 than it does MW2. And that alone is already a huge plus in my opinion, it's in every way better than MW2 and 90% of the people who bash this game claim otherwise without having played the game. The co-op is beyond what you could've expected, the missions are great fun with a friend, and the survival mode is absolutely fantastic when you know what you're doing. And no, it's not really just generic survival mode. You have access to many of CoD's multiplayer perks and features like air strikes and predator missiles to use against the enemy AI waves. As well as being able to spawn NPCs to fight for you!

This game is genuinely fun. I don't play the MP that often but when I do play it, I enjoy it. It's simple and fast-paced, and has a few twists to it that make it different from the other multiplayers. (Being support is the best thing ever)

Also, not to start any flamewars, but I think MW3 has better singleplayer than BF3 does.
Thanked by: